Dino 04-May-18
carcus 04-May-18
mcarchery12 04-May-18
ELKMAN 04-May-18
Tilzbow 04-May-18
Ermine 04-May-18
BOX CALL 04-May-18
18-Apr-18
Im shooting a carbon ultra rx1. I am getting a left nock tear. As I move rest to the right it is correcting it some, but I still get some arrows with unacceptable left nock tears. My rest is really close into my riser. I dont like the looks of it. I removed grip and my grip feels good w no torque. Im shoot easton ACC 340 pulling about 68lbs. Ive read thar ACCs lose spine strength easy. Any ideas. I am thinking about trying different arrows with more spine strength. Id like to get rest back to center and shoot bullet holes.

18-Apr-18
Put a twist in the left yoke cable.

18-Apr-18
Good job Boatman, that is exactly right!

18-Apr-18
I fought exactly what you describe for years. Don’t know if that’s your problem, but something to at least look at.

I was settling too much into my face. Didn’t matter what I did, I couldn’t correct a tail left tear, which was inevitable since I was inducing string torque into every shot. Once I tried just barely touching the corner of my mouth with the string, problem was solved.

FWIW, I never knew what I was doing was wrong, since it felt natural. Once pointed out, the problem was obvious.

18-Apr-18
The guy I had working on it said he didnt like to yoke twist when tuning. Any ideas why?

18-Apr-18
Not sure why not to, it does induce pre cam lean but the point is to get it straight at full draw

It works

18-Apr-18
You need to set that rest back to center and yoke tune that bow. Keep facial contact to a minimum and make sure you arent torquing the grip. You shouldnt have to twist/untwist the yoke too much on thise new rx1's but a little might be necessary.

Its the little stuff that can cause tears. I was just shooting through paper monday evening and i could change the tear just by how deep or shallow i positioned my finger on the trigger.

19-Apr-18
Set your rest right down the middle and adjust your yoked as mentioned .

19-Apr-18
Thanks I will get it in the press and see what happens.

19-Apr-18
It is actually quite the opposite on the ACCs losing their spine. They actually hold their spine a 100 times longer than PCs. As far as the tear you are getting I would center shot the bow, and then add a twist on the left side of your yoke and take one out on the right. Also look at how much contact your getting with your face on the string at full draw. If you are getting very much contact at all, you either have your peep height set incorrectly, or your draw length is to long...

19-Apr-18
Thanks bow-hnt I tune a few now and then :-)

03-May-18

mcarchery12's embedded Photo
mcarchery12's embedded Photo
Mmm..mmmmm....hmmmm love it.

04-May-18
Awesome tear...So what did u do?

04-May-18
Nice, thats why I keep saying if it has no static yoke don't buy it, if you have a bow already that doesn't have static yokes and it requires you to move the rest out of center shim is or sell it. Beware of the floating yokes as you cant yoke tune ie. Mathews, pse, darton

04-May-18
Two twists on left yoke, opposite on right

04-May-18
Don't ever let that guy touch your bow again... (The one that said he doesn't like twisting yokes)

04-May-18
I also had to yoke tune. I had to put 1 1/2 twists in my left yoke and take the same amount out of the right to get the left tear out of my RX1Ultra.

04-May-18
Ability to tune with the yokes is one reason I like shooting Hoyt’s. Makes it so easy to get perfect arrow flight.

04-May-18
Left yoke ,right yoke,I'm old school.sounds like a x bow.

• Sitka Gear