elkstabber 19-Apr-18
grubby 19-Apr-18
Beendare 19-Apr-18
Tilzbow 22-Apr-18
Bowfreak 22-Apr-18
Charlie Rehor 22-Apr-18
Scrappy 22-Apr-18
18-Apr-18
I am looking for a bag that I can fit in and still fit in my pack. Lol. I don't want to spend a fortune but want to be comfortable. It will be used primarily in September. I am 6'4" and will be about 240-245 hunting weight. What are some options that I can fit in and not feel like I'm in a straight jacket?

18-Apr-18
Anyone?

18-Apr-18
My son likes his Cabellys 0* XL Rectangular Alaskan Guide. He's a bit taller, a bit lighter than you. They were on sale a couple years back for $2-250ish, IIRC. The compression sack is a bit weak, but makes it almost remarkably small.

18-Apr-18
Big Agnes wide/long version or any of their 'park' series.. ie, Summit Park is a good 15 degree bag.. or Lost Ranger in wide/long..

18-Apr-18

nijimasu's Link
I'm about your same size, and saw this on Camofire today

19-Apr-18

elkstabber's Link
Bowfreak you didn't mention anything about cost limitations or what type of bag you're looking for. Enlightened Equipment makes bags in a huge variety of sizes, as seen on their website. They are a small business based in MN and they build to order. I'm sure that if you contacted them they could make a bag to fit anybody.

19-Apr-18
I love my Enlightened Equipment quilt..... great company.

19-Apr-18
OP, we are the same size. I like the Montbell stretch bags in lg/long. They fit me perfectly....and you can move around in them with the stretch so good for big guys.

I have a down and a Syn version...both good.

22-Apr-18
6’6” and 240 here and I use a Western Mountaineering Badger bag. They have a few bags for big guys. Go to their web page, get on the sleeping bag page, scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the link to the specifications page.

22-Apr-18
I ended up ordering a VIAM quilt. I think it will be great for me. Very nice guy who took time to talk to me about his products. The quilts came highly recommended by a close friend.

22-Apr-18
Hunting weight at 240? Are you sure you can add 30 pounds by season:)??

22-Apr-18
Make sure you get a good insulated pad to go with your quilt and you will be good to go.

• Sitka Gear