Bowfreak 11-May-18
Grubby 12-May-18
DeerSpotter 12-May-18
Tracker 18-May-18
Two Feathers 20-May-18
weekender21 28-May-18
trackman 28-May-18
23-Apr-18
I'm asking for a really simple concept. Great material like that comes on Double Bull blinds, hub design and a narrow vertical window on either side of the strap (using a Matrix 360 for comparison). Make the window openings adjustable up and down and you have a perfect blind. I would even prefer just 2 windows in the whole blind with maybe a peep hole to either side but I won't be too picky.

Honestly....please make something that doesn't let so much light in without having to rig up panels to block off light.

23-Apr-18
I agree. Narrow, low windows are needed. Blinds seem to be really geared towards rifle hunters.

23-Apr-18
I was just thinking the same thing during our turkey hunt. We "make" windows out of the front of the Double Bull. The windows on the other side are too high for my wife to shoot out of comfortably. Even in my T2, the windows should be about 4 inches lower.

23-Apr-18
Just bring back the T5 and I'll be happy! So simple!

23-Apr-18
What nick said.

23-Apr-18
Don't forget to make it useful for recurve or longbow shooters also.

23-Apr-18
Bring back the T2......................... light, easy to pack, easy to set-up, very simple. (and NO the "shack attack" is NOT even close to the old T2.

23-Apr-18
I bought my T5 the same year the Matrix came out. I wouldn't trade it for any blind out there.

23-Apr-18
I like the shape and size of the Matrix. Don't like the big diamond windows.

23-Apr-18

sitO's Link
Have you tried the "Bowed Up" blind? All material fashioned with Grandma's decorative shears.

Turkey Huntin's best kept secret by gawd

HDYLMK

23-Apr-18
SitO Am I the only one who "caught" the "Granny's shears" and HDYLMK reference?

That was TOO FUNNY.

23-Apr-18
SitO, I’ll never get that 4:19 back........ Dad gum!

23-Apr-18
Believe it or not....I have hunted out of a few of TBMs blinds. I know 3 guys that owned them.

23-Apr-18
“Tracking spiders optional “

23-Apr-18
Is that really, THE TBM?! He's a "REAL" person?

23-Apr-18

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
They also custom design Facemasks...get you one!

23-Apr-18
Great thread. Spent a lot of time in the 360's... realised many of the things the OP said. Then I found the Xenek blind. Problems solved. Love this new blind!!!! Like the 360, but on steroids, so much adjustability!!!!

24-Apr-18
Dino,

Can you actually make the windows small and get the blind really dark inside on the Xenek? I really like that concept but assumed you would be with the same big opening on the Xenek.

25-Apr-18
I own three Xenek blinds. They are hit and miss in my opinion. You can do some more creative things with the main window simply due to the flexibility of the design, but not without help. Using some paracord and binder clips I can get the main window down to a real thin gap, better than a DB DarkHorse style. The rear windows though are giant zipper openings, not the old DB port type of windows. Also, the Xenek has a ton of exterior shine to it. Many guys are reporting the same feelings and noticing birds not wanting to be around it. I took some cans of ultra flat spray paint and painted all of mine. Really helps. Also the Xenek's do not go up and down as silently as the DB blinds did. They tend to bind because they are so much taller than they are wide. They are very hard to set up quietly in the dark. I have also broken 3 rods in one year between 3 blinds, broke one hub, and ran a rod through the re-enforced corner in one case.

Sounds like I am bashing them. I really like them once they are setup and painted though. You can get pretty creative with that front window. But they are not everything that guys are making them out to be either. I still use them, but I keep going back to my many DB Dark Horse blinds for most hunts.

25-Apr-18
The narrow long window is lone over do for bow hunters it would be a great seller i think

25-Apr-18
Thanks for the info DEC. Now...one of these days you can sell me one of those Dark Horse blinds you have ratholled! :)

25-Apr-18
TBM lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25-Apr-18
No way I am selling any of my Dark Horse blinds ... LOL. I have a lifetime supply of them still sealed in their boxes. My wife can sell them when I am gone.

25-Apr-18
Didn't a blind come out a few years ago with narrower opening that was more vertical? it dropped down below the midpoint of the blind. I don't remember who made it, just remember seeing pictures.

25-Apr-18
I have to disagree with just two windows. To me part of the success of completely enclosed blinds is 360 degree shooting. Maybe the turkeys you hunt are more predictable but I have a lot that like to circle. Nothing more frustrating than having a bird behind you at 12 yds and cant make a shot.

25-Apr-18
I do think having a vertically adjustable opening would be good. I like to set up on high spots, so a lot of times I am shooting downhill. I like to block the top half of the window. It lets in too much light and I don't need it if I am shooting downhill. I saw a vertically adjustable window one a Redneck's soft sided blind.

25-Apr-18
X2 on vertical windows being overdue! A lot of the "hard sided" permanent blinds have them for good reason.

25-Apr-18
I have shot a bunch of gobblers and all but 2 was standing right at my decoy. I can understand if people want other windows but I have no need for them. I don't care if a blind has 20 windows if you could actually seal off the light from them.

25-Apr-18
All of this could be fixed if someone would just make a T5 style blind . I think windows on each side is a must. I have dropped windows many times . Not just for turkeys but antelope , deer and bears. I love ground blind hunting . Have tried most blinds and still nothing compares to the original T5. I will be sad when mine is done.

26-Apr-18
Bowfreak, the Xenek is considerably darker than the 360's I've used. There is a lot of adjustability. The blind takes some practise setting up and taking down, but seems super durable. Someone commented on rods breaking, mine are good so far...on my 360's I've replaced a ton of rods, specifically before they started putting metal ends and sleeves on the rod tips that feed into the hubs.

26-Apr-18
I have 3 blinds and the T-5 is by far my favorite.. I can easily close up a back windows if a bird is coming in from the front and have many of times. I agree that the windows (my T-5 is one of the first) should of been lower. I hit the bottom of the window 2 or 3 times over the years. The reason I have not bought an new blinds is I hate the new ones I have now, not even close to my old T-5 in concealment... Bring back the T-5 with lower windows and I'll buy 2 of them..

26-Apr-18
Another vote for T5. Make them the same with new blacked out inside and you have the perfect blind. I can’t believe someone hasn’t.

26-Apr-18
How about a T5 with just longer windows? Maybe they don't need to be lower if they just extended the window farther down? Is it the same physical size as the Matrix? If so....I agree it would be perfect.

26-Apr-18
I have one of TBM's blinds. Shot a lot of birds out of it. He was an amazing guy to deal with. I did not know him or he me. I wanted the blind in a hurry. He made me a blind in a day or so, sent it to me and said if I liked it to send him a check which I did. I was worried that he would wait for my check to clear to send a blind but he did not request a check until after I was satisfied. Still blows me away.

26-Apr-18
I am pretty happy with wide windows. What I would really like is a built in hammock so I don’t have to nap on the ground with the ticks. (Typed from my blind)

27-Apr-18
What not to like about shack attack? I loved the t2 and matrix. Wish someone would come out with something like the old double bulls in deception with same old material and hubs.

Rick

29-Apr-18

Rock's embedded Photo
Blind with vertical Windows
Rock's embedded Photo
Blind with vertical Windows
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
Are you looking for windows like this? These windows open from the top down or bottom up.

29-Apr-18
200 turkeys with a season limit of 5 it took the guy from Alabama 40 years to kill all those birds and the blind has only been around 10 years!! LMAO. Shawn

29-Apr-18
You have to take into consideration that those are ‘Bama birds, Shawn. Using TBM’s scoring system, that equates to about 1,106 birds.

01-May-18
I have a Shack Attack and honestly it is a pretty nice blind. I also still have an old T2. I don't hunt out of either very often, but I actually really like the Shack Attack. You can make the front window into a perfect opening. The only thing that I find a bit annoying is how heavy it is given that it only has two hubs and rod sets. It is probably 10 pounds heavier than the old T2. But in general it is a pretty nice one person blind.

10-May-18

shortbeard's embedded Photo
shortbeard's embedded Photo
The "unmentionable ones' " blind is fast, light, quiet and very effective. It allowed me to set up under this bird @ 65 yards in the dark. FYI - (?????) just killed #11 this year (5 w/recurve) putting him @ 250 bowkilled gobblers. Just sayin..........

10-May-18
For those of you who like 5 hub blinds, the ASAT Reaper blind is really nice. I have one and like it more than the standard T5. Every window has mesh and a flap, so you can even remove the mesh if you'd like. I did however, add black duck cloth to front of each window flap, that way, when I lower a flap, it goes from black to black. They're also made out of the same cotton/poly blend that DB used to use, and not the loud all poly fabric alot of blinds are made out of now. BTW, I also own a T2 and dark horse, and have hunted out of Matrix and the old DB BS5. I like the ASAT one the best, as far as window configuration goes.

11-May-18
Shortbeard....hilarious sweatshirt but it's HDYLMK!

11-May-18
Caberla had some slider type front windows on one of their blinds, just worked great. Rest of the blind was not that great. I'd like to see Primos eliminat a lot of the side and back windows esp. those held up by toggles which tend to stretch. Their door system is still not that good, either. And why go cheap on the straps out side for brushing the blind in? Like to see lots more on top and sides. C'mon this is pretty cheap to do.

11-May-18
How about magnetic strips on the windows instead of that terrible, noisy Velcro? I found a blind years ago that had magnets but, I haven't seen it around for a few years.

11-May-18
Yes....that shirt is priceless!

12-May-18
I too hate Velcro, but what about zippers? I like the toggles personally and wish the doors had them too.

12-May-18
Have are any of you ever considered the Hidden Hunter, made in Michigan. ? DS

18-May-18
I have two original DB Matrix one has the light weight poles. My favorite by far. I want to give the T2 I have some love but just can’t get used to the big front. I am going to modify it this summer with the window I can open. My dark horse is great as long as you don’t need to haul it far.

20-May-18
DS - yes I have a Hidden Hunter and like the vertical windows. Also able to shoot my longbow out of it. I also like that it's not a hub style. All my hub styles incurred broken rods and that became a pain.

28-May-18
I have a 12 year old Double Bull Matrix, wish I had bought a few more. I have yet to find a blind as easy to set up and as dull (most newer blinds are shiny).

28-May-18
narrow long window for bow hunters.

• Sitka Gear