Ermine 24-Apr-18
Jasper 24-Apr-18
Paul@thefort 24-Apr-18
darralld 24-Apr-18
Jasper 24-Apr-18
24-Apr-18

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
My Dad was always building, modifying and tinkering with stuff and I suppose the Apple doesn't fall far. I made my own turkey bow decoy instead of buying one cuz I wanted more of a 3D look. Gotta go back to the drawing board to make it lighter but it'll work. Only takes a few seconds to remove it and stick it in the ground or use it for reaping or just use the removable fan. Hope to ops check it on some real, live birds tomorrow!

24-Apr-18

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

24-Apr-18

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

24-Apr-18

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

24-Apr-18
I made one just like that. But I mounted it to the stabilizer bushing & kept it out in front of the handle. Cut the center tail feather down so I could shoot through it. Works great.

24-Apr-18
Nice work, let's see the build. Always satisfying building something yourself , now get out there and put it to the test.

24-Apr-18
Nicely done! Seems like a huge advantage if you can be mobile with something like that.

24-Apr-18
pretty sweet

24-Apr-18
Looks like it would be real heavy?

24-Apr-18
Yea that's the main issue Ermine. I have some ideas to make it lighter. It does work however as I shot with it in the yard.

24-Apr-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Too heavy? It might serve you better mounting it on a stick. If so, make the pointed stick ( I use a PVC pipe) long enough so that when set up, the decoy and fan, hides you well. Then just move behind it as the turkey approaches. This will allow you to swing your bow with ease.

24-Apr-18
Try to mount it straight out in front. That will help with the weight issues.

24-Apr-18
Yea that's the main issue Ermine. I have some ideas to make it lighter. It does work however as I shot with it in the yard.

• Sitka Gear