thehairlessone 29-Apr-18
No Mercy 30-Apr-18
No Mercy 30-Apr-18
No Mercy 30-Apr-18
DEC 30-Apr-18
Brotsky 30-Apr-18
thehairlessone 01-May-18
24-Apr-18
Does anyone have any in field experience with these yet? I am curious how dark they are inside and also, if air flows through them well? If air freely moves through the blind I would think it would be a nice feature for antelope in scorching temperatures. Has anyone used one this spring?

24-Apr-18
Good review. How do you like the Double Wide? Can you block off light well in that blind, specifically the door to get into the blind?

24-Apr-18
I have turned into a blind snob. I have a Matrix 360 and would love to change a few things about it. I use cloth panels to block out the majority of the big diamond windows. I only leave a couple of small windows to shoot from. I still don't think this DB I have is near as dark as many of the cheaper blinds ive hunted in.

25-Apr-18
Scoot, a friend of mine has a 270 also and you can see hunter movement easily especially when the sun is behind the blind if looking at an angle that has the see through panels lined up front and back, that means I am not even looking through the shooting holes. He is going to black out the see through portion on another side the same as you did to create a 180. I bet Primos will eventually come out with a 180 the size of the current 270. I really like the visibility of it, but I am waiting on more field reviews.

25-Apr-18
Just used a buddies 270 this weekend. If you have a shooting window open you can see right through. We lost a turkey because of this. I am still undecided. The air does come right through also. It would not work for stopping the wind on a cold day, however it would work great for letting air in.

25-Apr-18
I've been using the 270 for a few weeks now. My review matches Scoot's review precisely. I use pillow cases to blackout more behind me so I can draw. I froze my ass off in NE in with teen windchills ripping through the open mesh. Antelope would be great. It's light and you can see and video well through it. I'd prefer a horizontal shooting window rather than port holes like the 360 or Darkhorse uses. Overall, I'm happy with it. A 360 with the back half blacked out would be perfect.

25-Apr-18
are you guys having isssues with the hubs being hard to set the blind up and take down? i got the 180 and really like it but it is super tight.I have it set up the last couple days trying to get it to stretch

rick

26-Apr-18
I have the 180.Like it a lot but extremely 'tight' and hard to deploy.Am hoping it will loosen up.180 is a one man blind period.If want company i'd say the 270.I would not recommend the 360 because you will get backlit.Even the 270 raises that issue as discussed above.Air flow is fine. Should add the shooting 'slits' are narrow and take care using bullheads.The other windows are worthless for bowhunters IMO.

27-Apr-18
I have had mine setup in garage for 4 days. Still hard to open and close. I will probably return and find an old double bull

Rick

27-Apr-18
I love the concept just not the new hubs, etc. Not a fan. Been using the double bulls for 15 yrs or more.

I'm sure it made them more durable but at a cost. To me it's not worth it

Rick

29-Apr-18
I ordered a mantis 2 from Nap. Taking the 180 back. I think I will like it a lot better

Rick

30-Apr-18
I have the 360. It's big, but I like having the option of a shooting window wherever I want it. It does come with a removable black curtain that you can hang on a side to darken your background. The blind is very well made, and is a little tight, but that will wear in with use, just like all the Double Bulls have been.

I wish they made the 270 with the 360 type windows......

30-Apr-18
Not that I have seen Scoot.

30-Apr-18

No Mercy's Link
But I bet an innovative man could make something out of these..... :-)

30-Apr-18
These comments echo exactly what I said when I crawled all over these see through blinds at ATA. I was told by a source very close to the original DB guys back in the day, that they tried nearly this same blind concept back then and found the same problems as are being reported now ... hunter's getting sky lined, too much light in the blind, does not stop the wind or water, etc ... the original DB guys abandoned the project. So much so that one was overheard saying at ATA "can you really believe that Primos made that see through blind that we tried?"

I am a blind snob too, like someone else mentioned. There is yet to be a perfect blind made, but for me the gold standard is still the Dark Horse.

30-Apr-18
+1 DEC, if only they still made the Dark Horse! I think in the original thread I voiced some of those same concerns based upon the 270 I looked over at Cabela's. I do think there is a lot of potential here with a few tweaks. My Dark Horse is still going strong but it's only a matter of time until I need something new!

01-May-18
I took mine back today. The guy asked why I didnt like it. Told him I hated it cause it literally takes 2 people to set it up. He struggled to get it up and down to inspect it then they gave me my money back.

Got a mantis 2 being delivered. I think I am going to like it but I would like to find a good used matrix also.

rick

• Sitka Gear