Elkhorn 02-May-18
BC173 03-May-18
SD BuckBuster 03-May-18
grubby 04-May-18
Elkhorn 04-May-18
Bowman 06-May-18
APauls 06-May-18
26-Apr-18
I was looking on amazon and noticed there are a lot of unknown trail camera brands , many of them were around $50-70 . I imagine some of them are probably made in the same factories as the name brand cameras and possibly of the same quality . just wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of them.

27-Apr-18
you can get a Moultrie in that price range. you may be right about the same manufacturers but I will stick with what has worked for me.

27-Apr-18
I bought two off of Amazon from a company called Distianert for, I believe, about $65 per. I bought them for work purposes but would not hesitate to buy more for personal use. They are packed with features and very well built. Has a remote control for set-up, black out lights, and a picture viewing screen built in. Very satisfied.

27-Apr-18

elk yinzer's embedded Photo
Apeman - advertised 12 mp. Fisheye lens.
Apeman - advertised 12 mp. Fisheye lens.
Bushnell e3 - can be had for $99. Advertised 16 mp, my favorite camera so far for the money.
Bushnell e3 - can be had for $99. Advertised 16 mp, my favorite camera so far for the money.
Moisture problems
Moisture problems
I tried one of the Amazon specials from a firm called Apeman for around $70. 12 MP but picture quality is just so-so. Has a bit of fish-eye lens which can be a nice quality depending what you are looking to survey I suppose, but I am not a fan of it. Instructions had that comical translated Chinese. Some of the hardware is rusting already.

First set with it was out about 3 months and the seals crapped out and there was a lot of moisture in the LEDs and a little in the lens. I'll still with my Bushnells that cost $20 more...here is a picture quality comp of some mid-day bucks.

27-Apr-18
Check out the new Bigfoot 3G cameras on amazon. List price of $199 with free shipping and has a preloaded sim card with 350 images. Got mine last week and going to set it up this weekend.

27-Apr-18
I can't even seem to make the good ones work when I want them to!

27-Apr-18
I bought some Wildgame Innovations ones off amazon for $50 and they're actually really good. That's $50 cdn too. That's prob like the cost of a burger and fries US$.

27-Apr-18
Just get a Covert camera. I have 4 of them and with 8 AA batteries it will last a year with taking several hundred pics a week. When I put it on my salt lick, I have gotten over 4000 pics in 7 days. This is with it set to a 3 pic setting. Batteries still last for months. They have many different models. The ones I use were around 110.00 each and if needed customer service is great.

27-Apr-18
I have an unknown came Best Guarder and it is a great cam. Ive run it 24/7/365 in the backyard and it still is going strong. It comes with a ton of features and a built in viewing screen. Give it a try.

27-Apr-18
Just got: $61 us for moultrie m40i, which is a pretty good camera

27-Apr-18

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
45 dollar Primos camera on sale. Takes incredible pics! Shawn

28-Apr-18
Shawn..... I have 6 of the Primos Proof cameras, and for the money you just can’t beat them. The first 3 are now 4 years old and still going strong.

30-Apr-18
I like to stick with something that's pretty cheap cause my cameras are on public land so there's no guarantee they will not get stolen. But I've also had pretty bad luck with cheap cameras not working good or at all . the proof cam looks like a good bargain for the money .

30-Apr-18
I have a couple proof cams. They work well, but they are the last ones I use because you have no idea what your battery level is. At least on the ones I have. Then you're constantly wondering if you are almost dead, or should change them, or worrying that it will run out.

30-Apr-18
I just purchased a Tasco 6mp for $25. Mainly to run in an area I don't want a more expensive camera to get swiped.

30-Apr-18
I am lucky as I get batteries cheap so I change them out usually every 4-6 weeks. The battery life on the proof cameras are pretty good! Shawn

30-Apr-18
Doorknob you get the award for best shopper hope they work great, in Canada u would be shocked at the prices at our stores cameras you pay $50 us for are 200$ here

01-May-18
I’ve had the batteries in my Proof cameras, last 6 months. But, changed batteries for the same reason as APauls. Six months and one battery change is not bad, in my opinion.

02-May-18
How long do proof cam batteries last in extreme cold -10 to -20

03-May-18
Elk.... not sure about those temps. Mine are out all thru winter here in Pa. We do go to below zero temps, but usually not for an extended time.

03-May-18
The ol' saying "you get what you pay for" has never been truer than when talking about trail cams. With that said, some expensive cams can be junk too. But I've yet to see anything in $100 that is clear, fast, and most importantly..........CONSISTANT!

Man, I have had some serious issues with trail cams in the past.. In a hot spot,, soaking for 3 weeks,, and 6 pictures when the area is trashed up with deer sign. If that happens once shame on you,, happens twice, shame on me and it gets the 5lb hammer on the tailgate when I get back :)

04-May-18
I agree with the inconsistency. Put one on a bear bait and you will be amazed what you miss sometimes. I often wonder what causes it. That being said...... I'm still not spending $600 on a reconyx.

04-May-18
I’ve bought a lot of great trail cams on sale for under $100 but regular price is usually in the range of 150-250$ I’ve just never paid retail.

06-May-18
I second kyrob on Covert with two year warranty Mp8 is a great camera I sold over 110 of them I can get you all you want for 95.00 Or get the ne Fancy Cuddelink and link up to 16 cameras to one camera A 4 pack 650.00

06-May-18
SD Buckbuster I find the saying you get what you pay for to be least true with trail cameras lol. Interesting how experiences differ. I’ve spent good money on cams and spent cheap. Right now my best is my cheapest and from there it’s all over the map. Thought Moultries were good for a while but got 2-3 years out of each one then they reach end of life. So now it’s just a crap shoot. Brownings seem to be good as well.

• Sitka Gear