grindersonly's embedded Photo
The girlfriends turkey season in Wisconsin is this week and I had a day off Thursday so she took the day off to go hunting. She was able to kill her best bird to date in the morning. 25.2 lbs 10 inch beard and 1.25 inch spurs. Great day right?!?!? Well it got even better on the way home we swung into another farm to take a little walk and listen for birds and take a look for the other side of an 8 pointer that I picked up in January. well I stumbled onto a 5 point side from a really good 4.5 yr old buck I call "pretty boy" I was so excited to find his shed because he had disappeared from all cameras and no one had seen him since November 8th. I was convinced he had wandered off and gotten shot. apparently he made it!! Im very excited to see what he turns into at 5.5 yrs old!! cant wait for antler growing season!!

27-Apr-18
Congrats to her on a big Tom! Nice Beatles tattoo too.

Hopefully you can get "pretty boy" this year.

27-Apr-18
Okay, "he made it" and the first thing I see is a couple of pic's of a pretty lady with a turkey?? Congratulations to her and maybe to you. In northern Idaho the bucks often were shed out by the end of December.

When do you see that in WI? Don't you have to worry about wolves/winter kill?

27-Apr-18
He's just happy the buck made it through rifle season, it's obviously not a guarantee that it'll be around come September.

Congrats on the turk and hopefully you get to hunt the big buck next fall.

28-Apr-18
thanks guys, I had bucks holding both sides still in march. and im in buffalo county and we don have the wolves here yet, so not much worry about them, and they were well fed this winter since the neighbor had a bout 15 acres of corn he didn't get picked, so they ate well!! hoping her or I can meet up with him this fall!

28-Apr-18
Congrats to your gf and hope you get a crack at that big boy next year!

28-Apr-18
Congratulations to your girlfriend on her bird!

Any trailcam pics of that buck?

28-Apr-18
Congrats to her on the bird! More accomplishment to share over a shed gathered up imo.

28-Apr-18
Congrats to her on the bird! More accomplishment to share over a shed gathered up imo.

28-Apr-18
Congrats!

28-Apr-18

trkyslr I would agree, but this is a bowsite and she didn't shoot it with the bow, so I used the shed as a way to get the bird in there. also I do have one pic on my phone of him, more on the computer at home

28-Apr-18
Wow huge frame. I’d love to get some more angles on him. Sneaky way to brag about your girlfriend, but I like it!!

• Sitka Gear