TD 03-May-18
Woods Walker 04-May-18
LBshooter 04-May-18
LBshooter 04-May-18
kota-man 04-May-18
loprofile 04-May-18
loprofile 04-May-18
02-May-18
https://www.themaven.net/politicalstorm/trump- nation/friendly-fire-yeti-and-the-nra-a-self-inflicted- wound-LUlLddDMSkSMJseh5b-Yeg/?full=1

02-May-18

scrapwood's Link
Link to article

02-May-18
Very interesting article.

02-May-18
That article summarized the feud perfectly. Thanks.

02-May-18
I am going to have a hard time saying this wasn't simply the way it happened.

02-May-18
If Yeti was simply making changes as they say but still supported the NRA , they would say that. They didn't and they don't.

02-May-18
DITTO. That is why I won't say this is a bias article

02-May-18
"YETI has also caused damage to the NRA"

That's hilarious...

02-May-18
Their "statement" said they are supporters of the 2nd amendment...... which is exactly what a good deal of the gun banners say.... (kind of like "if you like your plan/doctor you can keep your plan/doctor!") They said NOTHING in support of the NRA or the work they do.

Interesting they said they were offering another program in it's place..... but it must be a secret program nobody has seen or heard of.....

I would think that would be organized and put forth prior to or at minimum spelled out with the notice of termination of association...... which by the wording is exactly what this was, a termination of association. Even if a third party donated a new cooler for a fundraiser they could not use the Yeti name to promoter the fundraiser. That alone goes beyond the cancellation of any special sales program. They actively, legally, chose to disassociate themselves from the NRA.

Sounds like the company's "culture" changed a good deal after it seems ownership or management changed hands, 2012 I think it said. Suits and lawyers took over.....

02-May-18
Hahaha! Wow did YETI really think anyone would believe that BS story they made up. Clearly they forced the NRA’s hand and the NRA had no choice but to make public what really happened. Which is that Yeti dropped their support for them. Now their scrambling trying to retain whatever hunter/2A supporters they can by releasing a statement saying they still respect and honor the 2A. They need to choose a stance and stay there. Now they’ve lost the Hunter/2A. Crowd and prob some of the Antis they were trying to appease as well. Bad business for sure. Agree tradmt- Clearly they don’t.

02-May-18
Why haven't all the other orgs that were involved in the same purchase program and got the same letters the NRA did been slamming Yeti all over the place? Was it a coincidence that the NRA's yeti letter came out right as another cooler company was doing a promotion giving money to the NRA? To me this should be really scary to any company doing business with the NRA and ever considering changing or lowering their support. Its basically saying support us or we will go out of our way to ruin you

02-May-18
Yeti cancelled orders and the discount program "due to recent events". Then Yeti tried to back pedal and save their ass. Screw Yeti and their overpriced overrated products. I don't need a new cooler, but I'm a gonna sell a bow and get me an RTIC.

02-May-18
NRA has not gotten any of my money in some in years. I am not a big Yeti fan either but they get my vote on this one. They changed their discount program for a number of organizations but none of the others are attacking them for it. Changing a discount program is not an attack on NRA....geezzz

02-May-18
"To me this should be really scary to any company doing business with the NRA"

Apparently there are cooler companies lined up at the door wanting to directly associate with the NRA, even tying donations to them on purchase.

The suits at Yeti are clueless..... out of touch with a good deal if not the base of their market. So out of touch apparently they thought a good number of hunters really didn't care that much about anti-gun regulation or the NRA. They were obviously taken aback at the reaction.

A good example of out of touch was posted on another thread by bowsite's Bad Karma (to give credit where credit is due). A speaker was called in recently to give a talk to a group of Washington DC "insider beltway" media types, heavy hitters controlling much of the national dialog. He asked how many here own a pickup truck? No hands went up. How many KNOW someone who owns a pickup? Still no hands. "Are you people aware the Ford F-150 has been the best selling vehicle in the US for the last 35 years?"

Out of touch.

02-May-18
if yeti was sensitive to their customers they could have and should have waited a couple or so months to announce any change in their discount program, especially if they were cutting ties with the NRA. To do it so soon after parkland, 2 weeks, how could they not assume there would be blow back. With the competition nipping at their heels they should have analyzed this cut a lot more in depth as far as a PR move.

The only option I see for yeti si t o join forces with dicks and pay for lobbyists to promote tougher gun laws, it would certainly be a fine topping for both of thier massive screw ups. Will be interesting g to see dicks numbers at the end of the quarter and see what the BOD's have to say about the leadership. The nails have been purchased and the hammers are ready, time will tell if the pounding begins. They both could pull out of this death spiral but it would take a massive ad campaign and frankly an apology to the gun/ Hunter community. I don't think dicks would ever do this, although I could see yeti doing it, whether it works is a matter of how long they wait. Jmo

02-May-18
Thumper-tx, can you name any of the other companies? I haven't read a single one being identified. Seems weird. Also, if you had read, it was more than just "changing a discount program" that demonstrates a desire to separate ways. I'd say the cease and desist using the name and logo was a better indicator.

03-May-18
Someday they'll be a has been product in the back of a yuppie catalog like LL Bean

03-May-18
You mean the LL Bean that has been in business since 1912 and did $1.6 billion in revenue last year? Might not be a bad plan? Like it or not Yeti is no longer just a hunting and fishing related company. Has anyone considered that YETI knows exactly what they are doing here?

03-May-18
Do what you like, but I still won't buy anything from Quaker Oats from them sponsoring the anti-hunting biased garbage TV "documentary" (it was anything but) 43 years ago called "The Guns Of Autumn", narrated by the lying yellow "journalist" himself Dan Rather.

If you stick a knife in my back I guarantee you will only do it ONCE.

03-May-18
Good article. Thanks for posting. Guess I will find a sticker to cover my one and only yeti cooler logo.

03-May-18
Look at their list of ambassadors on the Yeti website. They list people as Fishing, Ranch and Outdoors. Obviously missing is Hunting. Still a great product and they can do what they want to.

03-May-18
I've never purchased an expensive cooler but probably will down the road.......there are several look-a-likes on the market like the in house ones at Cabelas. If this is "the hill they choose to die on" so to speak then they willingly put a sizeable segment of their customers up for grabs. Let the games and the discount sales begin:)

03-May-18
They’ve already begin. Looks like another 2A unfriendly company, Dicks, had them on sale last weekend.

03-May-18
loprofile, I did look on Yeti's website and there are several ambassadors listed as "hunting." Granted, you have to scroll to find them, but they are there. Additionally, if you "filter by pursuit," the Hunting option is right below fishing.

Not defending Yeti's decisions by any means, but a simple 1-minute search shows what you posted is incorrect.

03-May-18
Just to add another log on the fire, dicks sporting goods has hired a lobby group to lobby for tighter gun control in congress. I have already contact manufacturers like hornady, and browning/Winchester . Asked if the were aware of this new bit of news and asked how they could do business with a company who is fighting to bam guns. I was told they were not aware and will look into it and get back to me.

03-May-18
I think the NRA shot themselfs in the foot with this Yeti campaign. Their approach sounded bad and we don't need that now. I don't have a Yeti cooler and am not defending them, just looking at it with my head, not my heart. I did read that sales were down over the last year or so for Yeti, could have something to do with their compensation restructuring plan. Everyone who follows business will assume Yeti is getting kicked while they are down, the NRA doesn't need that, they need to be strong and take the high road.

03-May-18
What the NRA needed to do was just what they did, called it how they saw it and now Yeti is playing cover thy ass instead of just coming out in support of or against the NRA.

Kinda the problem with society in general, no balls, afraid to hurt someone's feelings. F$&@k Yeti, I was never going to buy their overpriced crap before and I sure won't now.

03-May-18
NRA is in the middle of one of it's largest new membership increases in quite a long time.

Folks need to quit listening to their girlfriends....... =D

04-May-18
...or the "polls"!

04-May-18
I just emailed the companies. As of today Springfield armory has cut ties with Dicks, the first I know of, and hopefully more to follow. I expect of manufacturers to follow shortly. Kudos to Springfield!!!

04-May-18
I just emailed the companies. As of today Springfield armory has cut ties with Dicks, the first I know of, and hopefully more to follow. I expect of manufacturers to follow shortly. Kudos to Springfield!!!

04-May-18
Boone and Crockett sent me a letter yesterday. If I donate $300 to them (Trailblazers program I believe) I can get a brand new....YETI COOLER!!!!!!! That is some bad timing right there...

04-May-18
"loprofile, I did look on Yeti's website and there are several ambassadors listed as "hunting." My bad. Easy to get too quick on the trigger when posting.

04-May-18
If I had looked closer I would have seen that you can filter the Ambassadors by pursuit. The first page came up with eight including Steve Rinella, Jim Shockey, and Lee and Tiffany.

• Sitka Gear