TD 03-May-18
splitlimb13 03-May-18
Whip 03-May-18
Huntcell 03-May-18
Vids 03-May-18
webtechcoupons 25-Oct-18
03-May-18

03-May-18
I'm not the internet police, but I don't think this is going to be received as well as you think it is. The thread topic states you got lucky (I realize it says first lite after, but still), and then your post describes how a good friend died and you benefited by buying his stuff for cheap; just sounds really odd as I read it. Am I the only one scratching my head here?

03-May-18
I felt the same way grossklw.....

03-May-18
Wow. It's a shame the widow and family are losing out to a stupid auctioneer. My buddies and I have an agreement that if anything happens to any of us, we help the wife get top dollar for everything we can whether by auction, yard sale or private sales. I don't think I'd be to happy if my buddies showed up looking for a good deal instead of helping my wife.

03-May-18
Ah friends.

03-May-18
I would have felt a lot better reading this if you had said that you paid a couple of grand for clothes worth a few hundred bucks.... To help out your friends wife.......

Further...... if the auctioneer had no idea what the clothes were worth...... maybe you could have helped explain what the value of the clothes was to the auctioneer instead of getting a good deal on a bulk amount of the clothes........

03-May-18
This can’t be real?! Nobody sets himself to sound that bad...using trigger words like “good friend” and “widow”. Please say you’re just trolling people.

03-May-18
After further explanation I've removed my previous comment.

03-May-18
Is this for real or someone trolling? Wow!

03-May-18
I'm just gonna pass...

03-May-18
I'm sorry if it sounds that way. It was an online auction and my high bid was a lot more than what I got it for. If I didn't bid what I did she would have gotten even less! I bid on several items just to have a remembrance of a friend but now I feel like the south end of a north facing horse for thinking I got a good deal!!

03-May-18

Essay writing servic's Link
Can you please suggest me the best game for my son he really love fighting game.....

[url=http://ukessaypapers.co.uk/]Essay writing service uk[/url]

03-May-18
Terry I'd just quit now and let this thread die...................ah I mean go away.

03-May-18
If someone could please tell me how to remove my post I would be very thankful. I certainly don't want people thinking that I'm a dishonest or uncaring person.

03-May-18
Yea, somethings appear to be a good deal until you sit back and look at it. Auctions are funny things, no one will buy unless they get good deals, just the way they go, especially for used clothing. I went to estate auction where they had lots of guns, picked up a nib citori410 and a grade two Citori for 1200 bucks, now that's getting lucky. Wear the clothes, and your buddy probably would chuckle knowing that the auctioneer was a idiot but would like that a friend got them.

03-May-18
Brutal. Maybe if you are lucky, you might have a friend who owns a lot of land die too.

03-May-18
Terry I would just edit your original post so it says nothing and it'll likely be passed by in the next couple hours, or it could take on a life of its own and turn into a WI crossbow thread. Hopefully for your sake it's option A.

03-May-18
Terry, personally I would give whatever your high bid was to the widow. I realize you got it for X but were prepared to spend Y. I would give the difference to the widow out of respect for my friend.

03-May-18
There’s nothing stopping you from paying her more than what you bid on the items. Not saying you should pay retail, but something close to in line with what the items are truly worth would be a nice gesture, especially if she/the family needs the money, plus you will also feel better about things while using the stuff that once belonged to your friend, IMO.

Your first post is deleted, so I don’t know the exact circumstances, but your other posts suggest to me, that you merely worded things poorly and weren’t gloating about the situation.

03-May-18
Terry I think it sounded worse than it was. If it was me? I’d stroke a check to the widow for fair market value where you still feel comfortable with what you paid. I think everyone on here would give you an atta boy. Or just let this thread did in a couple weeks! Haha

03-May-18
I will certainly do that but I know what she will say. I bid online for lot 123 that said Firstlite jacket , pants etc. when I got there on the pickup day that was all in the bag! I told the auctioneer that this couldn't be mine and he said that is the etc. I then asked if the family knows how this was sold and he stated that they wanted it all gone and this is the best way! I know everyone has piled on me for thinking I got one over on a grieving widow but that is not my intent it was just to say I felt lucky for what was in the bag.

03-May-18
I agree with others - put a few bucks in an envelope and mail it to her - yeah, I know you are taking a chance mailing cash - wrap it in a few pieces of paper. Or maybe drive over and slip it under her door or something with a little note of explanation of the true value of the items.

03-May-18
Terry, if you and your friends widow come to an agreement that is great. Other than that do not beat yourself up over this. I had a good friend die on a hunting trip. Before the funeral his widow had his best friend bring bunches of his stuff to the archery club and sell it. I bought a pair of Swarovski binoculars at a good price because I was the only one with enough money to buy them and they were pleading to get rid of the stuff. They were more than happy with what I paid but they could have gotten more. I also ended up buying his ATV for above trade-in value when someone else was trying to all but steal it. At the funeral I found out that the relatives were coming by and just taking what they wanted. The widow had to pretend that she do not know the combination to the gun safe. I then realized how helpful it was to her that friends help her to get something for the stuff. She was devastated by the loss of her husband and in no condition to deal with the vultures. Unfortunately this is very common. Your friends widow did what she did for a reason.

03-May-18
This is one good reason to keep your wife in the loop on the price of this stuff. Maybe the only reason ;) but I promise if I die my wife is not selling my Kifaru pack at a garage sell for 10$.

On another note my wife nearly sold a purse for 50 cents at a garage sale, with her wedding ring in the side pocket! Talk about a bargain.

03-May-18
Hunting / Fishing stuff is scary. Heck, a tackle box gets scary. Just a single tray of crankbaits could be worth $250 easy. If people don't know the value of things they could easily go for a cheap amount in an estate type deal.

6x6 I think you've done a good job explaining yourself. Don't fret it, your original post just wasn't worded well, but I think we can all see where you were coming from and intent. Enjoy your summer.

03-May-18
I want to thank you guys for the last few comments. I was told that all the items were samples given to him by FirstLite that was why they still had the tags and still in the bags! The one blind has one perfect broad head hole in the mesh so when I hunt out of it I will smile and wonder if that shot killed one of his turkey mounts!!

03-May-18
Everything a person buys at an estate auction was from someone's friend or a widow involved, etc. Much would depend on how close I was to that person or if I knew the situation.

Now a divorce sale.......

03-May-18
To bad it isn't Sitka.... =^)

03-May-18
I've often told my wife that when I die there is going to be the best auction ever. I hope you guys all come and bid it up for her! But realistically, I'm guessing there will be some things sold that would make me cringe. Oh well - can't take it with me!

03-May-18
Put it all for auction here on Bowsite and when it goes for 2-3 times retail, the posters will feel better, you will be relieved of the burden and the widow will think bowsiters are the best!

03-May-18
Perhaps you could start a 529 college fund for the kids with the difference. I don't know if it's possible, but start the fund in their name and list the widow as the fund manager. I know my kids' funds are in their names but I am the manager, I don't know if you can start funds for others without their consent though. Or find some other way to get the money in her name so she can't refuse it, like you are saying she would.

We don't know their situation though. They may really need the money, or he may have had a huge life insurance policy and they're going to be fine. Either way, sorry about the loss of your friend. I'm sure he'd be happy knowing you have some of his gear instead of a stranger.

25-Oct-18

webtechcoupons's embedded Photo
Godaddy Renewal Coupon
webtechcoupons's embedded Photo
Godaddy Renewal Coupon

webtechcoupons's Link
Hello users, I'm an SEO Expert at webtechcoupons.com Here I provide knowledge about the latest technology of web hosting, software, and internet, etc. Here you can find lots of knowledge of SEO and also find the latest high discounted coupons and promo codes of web hosting renewal hosting servers and etc..So you may just visit once and know more about us.

• Sitka Gear