Bowfreak 04-May-18
Bake 04-May-18
APauls 04-May-18
GhostBird 04-May-18
03-May-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo

03-May-18
I check it so much the deer aren't alarmed by my scent any longer!

03-May-18
I hung a cam at a spot an hour away and finally bit the bullet on a refurb'd cellular unit. money is made back if I was to check it once/month. Only problem is after a few days was really cool saw some deer, saw some bears, then on Tuesday evening I got a picture of a bear walking towards the camera...my heart sunk and I haven't gotten a picture since...it was like watching death in real time lol.

03-May-18
I stopped using trail cams for the most part and started seeing big bucks the next year. No better way to make a huge summer buck disappear than checking your cameras every week

03-May-18

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Actually I dont want to know every single deer and every single buck...I like the cams for trespassing, and other critters just as much

03-May-18
That is one beautiful cat!

03-May-18
I’ll bet bowriter is out checking his right now, otherwise he would have posted something on here by now!

03-May-18
Troy... I think he's been out checking trailcams with Cazador from Colorado.

04-May-18
He's prob got trail cams on his favourite bluegill holes.

04-May-18
I have very little desire to even put up a trail cam any longer. Over the years I think they are a net negative versus a positive. I think it is one of the quickest ways to notify deer of your presence.

04-May-18
I love trail cams. . . . but I hate checking them. Love to see the pics, just hate to disturb an area. A lot of my cams are lucky to get checked once a month. I put my cams out in July, and some of them will get checked just two or three times until November when I'm actually hunting.

04-May-18
Yup, you need to be smart about it. Check the ones you are already walking past anyways. 80% if not more of my personal useful scouting still happens with the two orbs in my skull.

04-May-18
I keep the grassy areas mowed that are back where my trail cameras are and only check them when I'm back there on my tractor. Leave the tractor running while I swap cards. No harm, no foul. The deer barely pay any attention to the tractor... now, walk in there or ride in on a quad and it's a whole different story.

• Sitka Gear