Scar Finga 07-May-18
WV Mountaineer 07-May-18
fubar racin 07-May-18
WV Mountaineer 07-May-18
fubar racin 07-May-18
fubar racin 12-May-18
snellpastor 12-May-18
05-May-18
Have any of you used this pack? Seems like a pretty good option for what im going to be able to spend on pack upgrades. iv been hunting out of a gonex and rustic ridge for the last few seasons so I'm thinking it should be a pretty good upgrade but iv never known anyone that had one.

05-May-18
Same experience as Ohio.. It didn’t fit me real well, wish I would have just bit the bullet and gotten Kifaru the first time.

07-May-18
I have several kifaru products...buy once and cry once. I have the duplex frame, with I think the timberline pack or something similar...it was discontinued. I also had the nomad and sold that. With my setup, I have the pack, frame, cargo net ( I had the panel and sold it) and lid. I also have the escape and evade as a small day pack or my pack that goes on my stand. You can find some decent deals on Ebay, but some of the packs are discontinued but still would be covered by kifaru.

07-May-18
I purchased one 3 years ago that has a non-adjustable torso from cabala's with my points. It fits me ok but I chose to up grade the hip belt. Picked up a EXO Mt. K-2 Hip belt and had a pocket sewed (3rd party) in to except the HH frame. It is much more comfortable now and ended up being a pound lighter. If I had it to do again I would just buy a used (2017 or 2018) EXO, or SG. I have only used the pack for training and I am yet to pack any heavy loads of meat. I think it would be an Ideal rig for shed hunting. LaGriz

07-May-18
Unfortunately, finding "the one" isn't as easy as just buying a Kifaru, you're going to have to try several brands over a period of time. Plenty of people hunt with the Horn Hunter and it may work for you, or maybe not. Stone Glacier, KUIU, and MR are used by thousands as well. Buy used and test.

07-May-18
^^^ Exactly^^^ Wapiti is right. I hated Kuiu, it never fit me right and killed my lower back. I also love my Full Curl...

07-May-18
If you need it to work, it will. If you need the most comfortable to work, then you are going to have to do what Bob says. Just understand this. Most packs could work for everyone as long as they have an adjustable torso. Where most all the more affordable packs suffer is load lifter ability and, their belt.

Personally, I would spend my dough on a Kifaru. Because, I have spent a lot of money on more affordable packs in the past that just didn't do it as well as my Kifaru. They didn't keep me from hunting. But, it made a big enough difference once going the Kifaru route, to make sure I stay that way.

My advice to you is this. If you are close enough to buy the full curl system, buy the kifaru frame. I'll send you two bags from 4000 to 5000 CI to use until you can buy the bag you want. If you like the one's I send you, keep'em if you don't buy a Kifaru bag. That's how I feel about your choices after living them myself. Just pass it on when the time comes. God Bless

07-May-18
Wv thank you much for your offer another from another site made the same offer with his horn hunter its in the mail now for me to test drive. Thanks much for the advise everyone i kinda figured that it wouldn't be the best at the price point but figured it would be a grand improvement over what iv been using the last years.

07-May-18
A pack is a very important part of hunting if you gotta carry meat out. When you do find one that you rarely take off when hunting, then you found the one. My offer stands as long as I have the bags. Holler if you need them.

07-May-18
Thanks much and i sure will! Your a good man!

12-May-18
Well guys iv spent 5 days under the horn hunter now with 70-120 pound loads. It is as i thought an in freaking believable improvement over my gonex or rustic ridge packs. Iv decided i absolutely love it! Yet yall have made me very curious about the kifaru. I'm not sure how it can be all that much better but im deff going to keep an eye out on the used market and pick one up before to long. What bag frame combo would yall recomend to be comparable to size and versatility of the horn hunter full curl system? Im assuming to match both those the kifaru would need 2 separate bags? One 2000ish inch bag and 1 5000ish inch bag?

12-May-18
Fubar Racin,

In response to your last question ... not really. Depending on the lid you get, it can basically function as that second bag.

I would add a couple of thoughts. I tried the Horn Hunter, Exo, Kifaru, Badlands and Eberlestock. All are gone except the Exo and Kifaru. It wasn't even close. You can pick up a used Exo for $100 more than a new Horn Hunter. If you don't like it, you can sell it for what you paid for it and all you are out is shipping. But I'd be shocked if you didn't like it twice as much as the Horn Hunter. (Kifaru is just as nice, but pricier.) The Exo conforms to your back better, has a better belt, the pack "moves" with you instead of feeling like a board on your back, and it is about 3 lbs lighter if I recall. I promise you, it is worth the extra $100.

• Sitka Gear