elk yinzer 12-May-18
BTM 12-May-18
Glunt@work 12-May-18
AndyJ 13-May-18
AndyJ 13-May-18
Glunt@work 13-May-18
AndyJ 13-May-18
08-May-18
I don't know if they are actually even hunting them or not? Did this for sure get passed and does anyone know if any have been arrowed?

08-May-18
My understanding they're planning to conduct a draw, for hunts to take place this fall. The seasons would run Sept. 1-Nov. 15 outside the DMA and Sept. 15-Nov. 15 within the DMA. This is assuming that some court challenge doesn't shut it all down.

08-May-18

elkstabber's Link
Lots of grizzlies have been killed in Wyoming in recent years. Some are hit by cars/trucks and some others are euthanized after attacking hikers or eating cattle.

This fall Wyoming is planning to conduct the first managed hunt in several decades. Here are the best details available.

09-May-18
Gotcha. Thanks guys. I was thinking they may have a spring season. Never mind.

I've been busy with turkeys this spring and will start bear hunting in a few weeks but some buddies have been out looking for black bears and keep running into Grizzlies. In places we used to see blacks. Seems like they are really taking over. Last few years its been getting worse and worse. Hoping they are able to hunt them down there and MT follows suit.

09-May-18
Game and fish wacked a trouble maker above Meeteetse that weighed 600 and some change pounds about a month ago. The game and fish and the us wildlife kill a lot more then people know about.

12-May-18
Wyohunter1-It’s about 50 a year.

12-May-18
Really Andy? Is that a legit number? If so, thats a lot! Hunters should be handling that for them. Hope this goes well and we see that number go down and tags available go up.

12-May-18
I hope this first hunt goes well, lays a soild foundation for the future.

12-May-18

Glunt@work's Link
Link is the known Grizzly mortality for 2017 in greater Yellowstone area.

12-May-18
That 50 a year counts cubs though and also assumes that 2nd year cubs whose mother dies results in 100% cub mortality.

12-May-18
Thanks Glunt!

Ike- Good point. I don't think that is an accurate way to figure mortality rates. Lot of those cubs will survive in my opinion. 2 year old bears know a thing or two.

12-May-18
Guaranteed the "lefties" are already prepared to pull the "Cecil act" on some bears. Jimmy Kimmel will cry on TV over the bears being killed or if someone kills a bear known to residents or tourists.

Be ready because it`s coming.

12-May-18
Franklin is right. Discretion by hunters is the only thing that will keep these lower 48 grizzly hunts going. Trust me no one cares you shot a bear. Do it for the hunt, not for the likes. Whoop de do. Keep it to yourself and you do us all a favor.

12-May-18
Amen, elk yinzer!

12-May-18
Some cubs make it but also there are surely a decent amount of bears that die that no one knows about.

13-May-18
SBH and Ike-Nope, this was info directly from a C.O., that's 50 killed problem bears.

13-May-18
I had a long conversation with the C.O. about this, we agreed that this is a huge waste that could be producing some good conservation money. The antis don't seem to realize that season or no season, grizzlys get killed every year.

13-May-18

Glunt@work's Link
Either the CO was exaggerating, the WG&F is under reporting or my Google is broken..

Link is 2017 Grizzly relocations and lethal removals. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Wildlife/2017_Relocation_Report-FINAL.pdf

13-May-18
He seemed like a pretty straight shooter but I don’t know, he could have been exaggerating. Either way, that’s what he told me and he didn’t act like it was a big deal he just said it in a matter of fact way.

• Sitka Gear