cnelk 09-May-18
mrelite 09-May-18
caribou77 10-May-18
elkstabber 10-May-18
smarba 10-May-18
09-May-18

caribou77's embedded Photo
caribou77's embedded Photo
Anyone looking at or thinking of a delorme? Best deal I've ever seen on them. Loved mine til I lost it on the tundra last fall. Free shipping as well.

09-May-18
Great price!

09-May-18
What exactly does this do?

09-May-18
The explorer model is a satellite comunicater and a basic gps. Paired with your smart phone it can be a much better gps. Lots of cool features and a SOS button in case of emergency.

09-May-18
That’s a great price. Jump on it! Pyrannah - It’s a global satellite tracker/ communicator and GPS. You pair it with your cell phone and can send and receive texts through the InReach no matter where you are on a Earth. You need to purchase a plan to buy service for the InReach. There are several plans to choose from. When I’m going on a trip, I buy a month of service and then cancel the service when I get home. It also has an emergency locater similar to SPOT. You can also send texts directly from the InReach, but it’s much more time consuming.

09-May-18
Wow!! That sounds like a really nice device!!

thanks guys!

09-May-18
Download the Earthmate App on your phone and pair it with the InReach for Aerial/GPS capabilities via bluetooth

09-May-18
Is there anything different between this and the new Garmin Mini besides the weight and size?

10-May-18
Does the garmin mini have gps? I do know these are the same as the garmin inreach se. The garmin explorer has built in topo maps. With my 50 cabelas gift card this was to good of deal to pass up.

10-May-18
The new mini is lighter (3.5 oz vs 7.5 oz) and has a smaller battery (50 hrs vs 100 hrs).

10-May-18
I'm ASSUMING the sale is becuse this unit is the Delorme and Garmin purchased them maybe 2 years ago. Last year Garmin released their own version of a GPS/Text unit (Garmin Inreach Explorer); now Garmin released their Mini; at some point I suspect the Delorme-made model will be phased out. This may be the first step, putting them on clearance.

I have used this Delorme-made unit for several years and it works very well. The GPS screen functionality is nowhere near the Garmin version, but I couldn't justify the $ to upgrade since I already use a dedicated GPS too.

• Sitka Gear