BOWNBIRDHNTR 18-Oct-18
JTV 18-Oct-18
JTV 21-Oct-18
JTV 10-Nov-18
Bou'bound 10-Nov-18
White Falcon 10-Nov-18
JTV 10-Nov-18
11-May-18
Just a heads up for anyone who has ordered or will order the new Glory Nock/lighted Nocks... The specific fit for the GT series (GoldTip id .246) are delayed till the end of June it looks like .. I just got an email after wondering where the order was... some other models started shipping May 1st........ I knew I should have waited till they got the kinks worked out ... never used a lighted nock 'cause of the weight and or sloppy fit of some, esp. the damn Nockturnals.... so I decided finally to try these since these are made by the original developer of the Nockturnals.... So, I'll wait till 'prolly July before I see these ... oh well, its only money, I hope they are worth the wait ;0(

"We are looking at June, might be towards the end of June. We have put our universals in several different arrows and they stay snug but we totally understand wanting to stay with your dedicated size! Let me know if I can do anything!" ...

Kristy Allen

DoubleTake Archery, LLC

ph: 830-444-0202

fax: 830-947-9295

11-May-18
Never heard of them

11-May-18
they are new this year, by the same guy that was the original developer of the Nockturnals .. the "Glory Nocks" is his new company...."supposedly" a better on- off system, less chances of malfunction, longer battery life and a better fit than the Nockturnals and other brands...... Ive resisted going to lighted nocks, because I dont want the extra weight, esp. at the at the ass end of the arrow, and problems with fit ... so these are "suppose" to remedy the problems associated with other brands of lighted nocks .... I figured what the hell, I'v spent $25 on other stuff I didnt really need, so what the heck. Hell, I spend that and more on a good deep dish pizza and a pitcher of tea, so I'd try a 3 pack for crap and giggles ... as long as they work as they should, I dont mind the delay ..

11-May-18
I’ve tried a bunch of different lighted nocks and the Ignitor lighted nocks work great.

12-May-18
I'm still partial to the easton tracer nocks. Hard to find Any more but have always worked great for me.

12-May-18
I ordered H nocks, were to ship May 9th. Delayed for ??? long. Looks like a better nock completely. Will let you know on any updates.

12-May-18
I believe they are only shipping the X Nocks and the universal fit for now .... Id rather have the exact fit for my Goldtips (GTnocks) ... If I'm patient enough to do all day sits during the rut, I can hold on a tad longer for these ... ;0)

12-May-18
Also!

12-May-18
Just put in my order.. Thanks for the heads up.

13-May-18

Buglmin's embedded Photo
Buglmin's embedded Photo
I've been using the Glory Nocks now for two weeks, and I'm very impressed with the nocks. Fit in my Fire and Ice shafts are perfect, no sanding and not loose, very very bright. Battery lasted turned on for over 24 hours straight. Batteries don't come loose when you hit something hard.And the Glory Nock is the easiest nock to turn off I've ever seen. I've had the opportunity to play with all the lighted nocks, and a side by side comparison, all with fresh batteries, show that the Glory Nick is the brightest.

13-May-18

13-May-18
Trying to find out how much they weigh? Web site doesn't have much information. Anyone have the grain weight?

13-May-18
the GT's are 21 grs is what Ive read ...

14-May-18
Unless I'm missing something on their site, they don't make them to fit my VAP's.

14-May-18
Go by the internal diameter of your shaft ...

14-May-18
H nocks are .233

18-May-18
Lancaster said update, H nocks to be shipped May 25th.

18-May-18
I emailed them a few days ago asking which size I needed for the arrow I shoot. No response.

20-May-18
I’ve been very happy with my glory nocks so far. Easy on and off, looks like a good design.

20-May-18
JTV I have used nocturnals for a long time, so I will check these out,,,,, I love lighted nocks, never had an issue with the added weight, etc,,,,,,, overthinking it,,,,,

22-May-18
up date as of to day... got this email from them

We apologize for the delay in letting everyone know their order status! We have been totally swamped with orders and want to make sure our product meets our standards before shipping out! That being said the S,H,GT, Crescents and Flats are running behind. The S,H, and GT will go out late June and the Crescents and Flats will go out in July. We have done one shipment of FIT and X and are sending the second batch out this week. Again we apologize for the delay and really appreciate everyone hanging in there with us!

Thank you,

Kristy Allen

DoubleTake Archery

830-444-0202

22-May-18
Well that is a good sign for them, but sucks for those of us that are waiting for an order! Oh well, I can wait!

22-May-18
well, its still a ways to go till Oct. .... but I would like to see how they fly and see if they change impact any at longer distance or anything like that ... spring /summer is my testing time ..

06-Jun-18
Not good customer service from Lancaster Archery, when the customer has to call the Manufacture to get updates on shipping. I asked Lancaster to update there add on the Glory nocks also. Never did. Now H nocks are to ship the end of June.

14-Jun-18
I emailed them about .204 diameter (VAP's) and they responded that July was the forecast date for those. I did pick up some red and green X nocks for my grizzly sticks. Did not change point of impact shooting at 60 yards last night. Still new to the lighted nocks but i like them so far and the fit was percect on the string and in the arrow. The fail on and they turn off sequence sold me on these (thanks to RF for his review)

14-Jun-18
Would the easton axis also be the x nock?

14-Jun-18
correction the "G" nock is .166 and will be out this summer. x nock = 21 gr H = 22.75 S= 24 GT= 24.5

14-Jun-18
Still no update from Lancaster. I called G.N. and they said there was NO forecast date to ship H nocks. They did say that a universal nock, but you needed their bushings ! Thanks for the heads up lancaster archery!

14-Jun-18
Yes- Easton Axis is the x nock.

14-Jun-18
Igniter has lots:) Never fails!

14-Jun-18
Ignitor nocks are the best lighted nock I've ever used. They have no effect on my arrows at all, accuracy wise and speed wise. In fact, they seem to hit harder now. Been using them for a year now. I just had a dozen shipped to my house.

15-Jun-18
I'm going to try the Ignitors this year. I like the way they are totally sealed and how they turn off.

15-Jun-18
Sorry fellas. But, that was funny Charlie.

15-Jun-18
I'm not gluing in any nock ...(ignitors)... I'll wait for the Glory's... for those that have them right now, reviews have been good

15-Jun-18
I'm not gluing in any nock ...(ignitors)... I'll wait for the Glory's... for those that have them right now, reviews have been good

15-Jun-18
Anybody have weights on them? Specifically the x nock?

15-Jun-18
Weights noted above.

15-Jun-18
Oops! Thanks Midwest. I really don’t want to add weight to the back of my arrow but I also don’t want to lose any. Lol.

27-Jun-18
any one hear if they are shipping the delayed ones yet.... Ive sent two emails .. no replies

28-Jun-18
I’ve been very happy with them so far. Bright and easy to turn off.

28-Jun-18
I had to ask Lancaster again yesterday! They said manufacture has no idea when they will ship "H" nocks.

28-Jun-18
Do they have X nocks in stock? I don’t see anything about availability, just takes you to Paypal.

I agree, I wouldn’t want to glue anything in my arrow and wouldn’t want to take the nock out of the shaft to shut it off (while practicing) in the case of the ignitor.

Josh

28-Jun-18
What's the big deal with gluing the insert in? Just use the hot melt glue that you can heat up and remove if you ever have to.

28-Jun-18
Since you asked: I don’t want to and it’s another variable that the arrows without lighted nocks won’t have. It doesn’t look like a very good design in my opinion being that you have to take the nock off to turn off the light. So if I was going to shoot them when practicing all the time, I’d have to take them apart constantly or leave them on. Then I’d have to realign the nock. Just a lot of undesired steps. The glory nock looks like a much more user friendly design, that’s if it’s dependable.

I bought nocturnals last year and they were so loose on my string compared to the Easton nocks that they almost would fall off. This caused variation in consistency and point of impact. I ended up throwing them to the side, won’t buy them ever again. Sad since they had worked well for me in he past. Lumenoks, I’ve had them just fall apart on inpact with the battery and support piece going forward to the point. Maybe they changed them but I wasn’t impressed with that design.

To each their own.

28-Jun-18
Sheesh !! ... I just got off the phone with them ..... the GT series now wont be ready to ship until the last of July or beginning of August !! .... so I went ahead and had them send out the univeral "fit" with the bushings... they said there is a mold they are waiting on ..... didnt ask about any of the others, but I'll bet the delays are until then too ....

28-Jun-18
Ace- I hear you! The new Nocturnals they came out with last year are crap IMHO! The originals worked great for me except for getting blood in them. The new ones were very "touchy"- had to be extremely careful when putting them on string so as not to activate them. One of the 3 I could not even use, it would turn on almost every time it went on the string. I HATE when they come out with a new design of something that is tried and true and works well. : (

I plan on taking the bulb out of the IGNITOR nock when practicing. They are only a few grains, so should not make a discernible difference.

28-Jun-18
JVT, when you get yours please take some pics of the nock and bushing. Thanks in advance,

28-Jun-18
Put a tape over the hole to prevent blood to flow in on the Nocturnals. I go ahead and push my lights on before shooting.

28-Jun-18
WF .. will do, suppose to go out Monday she said, so it will 'prolly be the end of the week before I see 'em with the holiday and all .. I think she said these will weigh 21 grs and the weight for the GT's are 25 grs.... why those are heavier is beyond me... thicker maybe ??

28-Jun-18
I'll throw in my 2 cents. I ordered 9 and took them to South Africa this month. Mine are red X nocks. I ordered direct and paid via pay pal. They were supposed to be in stock, but took over 3 weeks to receive them. Not the end of the world, but seems like a long time to me. I have used several other brands over the last few years, but I think these are probably the best I've used, but certainly not perfect yet.

The good: Good system to reset which is good because you reset them often (more on that in a minute). The red ones I have are plenty bright and stay lit a long time. String fit seems pretty good, but i wouldn't mind them being a tad deeper in the throat. They do not get blood in them as the nocturnals do, which generally in my experience makes the nocturnals single use, a big plus, reused a couple of them several time. Have lit every time I have shot one, granted less than 100 shots, but been dependable so far.

The not so good: Inconsistent fit in my FMJ's, some too loose. Once you nock them the plunger is depressed, so when you take an arrow off the string you have to hold the reset button in, or completely reset it after taking it off, minor PIA, but not a deal breaker. I wouldn't mind the throat being just a little deeper, again not a deal breaker. I did have a couple break off right at the base where they enter the shaft on passthroughs, not sure what happened to cause that, but on 12 kill shots all but 3 i was able to reuse (2 broke at shaft, and one lost the little reset button).

Overall in my opinion the best of the bunch in the lighted nock category, if you can get them...

--Jim

28-Jun-18
the U Fit is now what I have coming... she said it is the X style with a bushing to fit the GT's ... I still wanted the originals fit for the GT's ... I just got tired of the waiting .... Ive never used a lighted nock, but when these came out I thought what the heck.... they should have got their crap together long before offering these for sale...they have had my money since April .. I shall see when they get here...

28-Jun-18
I am going to put them in my GT Velocity XT's (375 grs), the additional 20 gr will then equal the weight of my 75/95's/340 XT Hunters (395 grs) .... the additional weight will be more than what I want on the ass end of the Hunter XT's ... if there is any slippage, movement or loose fit of them, I'm done with them.. I wont ever use a lighted nock at that point... heck Ive never really needed them as it is... over 30 years of BOWhunting with out them, and I cant think of one time they would have helped .....never lost a deer because of not having them ... I just wanted to try them, so I'll see ...

28-Jun-18
That’s exactly what I said a couple years ago Jeff. Now After using them for several years, I am sold on them. I shot a doe last year with an “iffy” blood trail. I waited til almost dark to look for her. I stuck the arrow in the ground where I shot her and started tracking. Was great to have that light to keep a reference pt. on where my stand was for direction of travel. Kept looking back as I tracked. The deer didn’t go far, so I probably still would have found it. But it made it a lot easier and quicker, and also made it easier to find my stand (climber)walking back in the dark.

28-Jun-18
... I can see where they'd would Id a hit in low light, help to find an arrow after a pass thru unless it is buried under leaves or snow, Ive had that happen more than once, or if it falls out on the death run, it can help with the direction....

I was given a pack of new Nocturnals for the GT's to try.... out of a dozen XT's, there were only 3 where they fit tight into, the rest were very loose... I tossed them in the trash, that was this past spring ... Ive never had that problem with the regular GT nocks, full size or the Acculites ... so, I'll see

29-Jun-18
Same issue JTV.

02-Jul-18
WF... they came in today... didnt have time to take a pic, I will

they came with 3 bushings .... the over all weight was 22 grs ... snug fit once the bushing and nock was in the arrow.. thats good.... however, its seems to be a shallow throat on the nock and tyhicker than the GT Accunocks I use ... I had to spread out the loop some as the arrow would pop off the string coming to full draw... I then tied a small section below the lower portion of the nock with serving and pushed the bottom loop knot up against it.... no problems after doing that. It stopped the nock pinch ..... I need to see how my other nocks fit now... I ran out of time ....I did shoot 9 arrows and at 11 yds indoors they were spot on and the light worked like a charm, easy to shut off ... I'll do more testing Sunday ... I'll take a pic or two tomorrow when I have more time ...

03-Jul-18

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
WF.. here are the pics ... the U Fits will fit 4 sizes ... the Package says X (.204) .. H (.233) .. S (.244) and GT (.246) .... each of the 3 Bushings are marked H, S and GT ...

03-Jul-18

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo

03-Jul-18

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo

03-Jul-18
Compared to the full size GT nocks I normally use on the Velocity XT's which weight 12 grs, the Glorys are 22 grs... so I only added 10 grs to the rear... Total weight is now 385 grs .... right in the Ballpark where I like to be (375-400 grs) for deer and turkey ....if I would put them in the Hunter XT's where I use the lighter Accunock (8grs) the added weight would take the XT's to 405 grs or there abouts (up from 390grs) ....now I need to shoot them in both arrows and see if there are any differences at various distances ..... next step is to chrono the arrows with the Glorys in them .. I'll do that here in a bit...

03-Jul-18
Bowtech Allegiance 30" Draw/62 lb draw weight using "Smooth Mods"

using the Glory Nocks-

GT Velocity XT 340/28" - 385grs.... 303 FPS/KE-78.5/MO-.51

GT Hunter XT 340/28" - 405 grs.... 296FPS/KE-78.8/MO-.53

03-Jul-18
Is there 3 bushings for each size?

03-Jul-18
yes ...... no bushing needed for the X ... nothing available yet for the G nock shooters .. just twist them off their little holder and push in the end of the arrow.... I actually like this design .. like I said, nock fits snug ... I may shoot later this evening, will be warm out, but low wind ...

03-Jul-18
Thanks

03-Jul-18
Thanks JVT, I just called and changed my order to the universal nocks. Will post when I get them.

03-Jul-18
each bushing is marked with the arrow it will fit ... there are 3 of those little "bundles" of the bushings that come in the pack to fit the 3 nocks ...... if everything flies and groups good, I'll order another pack of the U Fit .......

03-Jul-18

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
here is a pic of what I did to stop the arrow from being pushed off ..

03-Jul-18
I shot them this evening at 20/30/40 yds ...at 20 and 30 yds I couldnt tell the difference in impact between the XT Hunter 75/95's (340's) and the Velocity XT 340's ... however at 40 yds the 75/95's (Hunter XT 340s) were consistently low by 2 -2.5+" .... I shot both FP's and Viper Tricks .... the Glory Nocks worked as intended, no deviation in left to right and they flew fine, on/off worked fine... my next purchase will be in the Red instead of Green ... still more shooting to do before I make a decision to hunt with them and which of the two arrows to use ..

05-Jul-18
Well my universal nocks were mailed today.

05-Jul-18
I just ordered another pack ... red this time .... I need to decide on which arrow to use now .. the Velocity XT's or the Hunter XT's ......(see above posts ^^ )

05-Jul-18
Just picked up the greens. $27

07-Jul-18

White Falcon's embedded Photo
I just got my Glory Nocks, in RED, universal fit. Easy to install, and very easy to turn off. Tried all a dozen shots, NO FAILURES!! The only thing I didn't like is the nock depth is a little short. Never had an arrow come off the string, but they could be a little deeper. I will purchase more, Great new design!

07-Jul-18

Nock pic.

07-Jul-18
Check it on a slow and fast let down ... see if it stays on the string ... mine wouldnt, let alone pushing itself off coming to full draw, hence the serving I tied on above the lower loop knot the lower portion of the nock rests on ... works fine now .. yes, the depth could be deeper ........

word of advice ... dont shoot groups with lighted nocks, shoot one at a time, and go pull or shoot at separate dots... it can get expensive if you blow one up w/ a robin hood or a partial hit ..

07-Jul-18
I'm not that good a shot! :) :) My string loop is small, seams to be OK.

07-Jul-18
I warned ya ...lol ....

08-Jul-18
Glory nocks. I measured the throat depth of the G.N., .025 to the little pin. .028 to the bottom of the throat. My standard H nocks measured .028, The same depth as the H nocks, except the pin holds it out .003. I also measured some Trad glue on nocks, they were .035 deep. So were looking at a .003 difference in depth on the G.N. Hope this makes sense!

10-Jul-18
Ttt for Matt

11-Jul-18
Ttt for Matt

11-Jul-18
he read it ...lol ... btw, When I purchase more, it will be in the RED ... it stands out so much better IMO ..

15-Aug-18
Its been a month since the last post. I’ve been looking for different lighted nocks. I don’t like Lumenok. I’ve been shooting Nocturnal but I’ve had issues with them.

Anyone else been shooting Glory Nocks? Your review??

15-Aug-18
Ive been shooting those I have and like 'em... cant compare them to others as these are the first lighted nocks Ive tried.. so far I like the universal bushings, using the GT ones for my Goldtips (.246) no problems, fit snug and easy to turn off ... I shoot one at a time or one on a single spot as I dont want to trash one/hit it and break it .... I use the back edge of my knife to depress the pin as I hold the button... works fine .. did NOT change impact point of arrow, but did have to tie a small "nok" above my lower loop knot to stop it from being pushed off when drawing or a let down... works fine now (see my above pic)... I like 'em

16-Aug-18
I have been shooting the H nock with the .233 bushing. No issues, and I didn't need a not on my serving. Cabelas has them, a little higher than most. Good pic in their add, Nocturnal, lighted nocks..

24-Aug-18
I shot my new Ignitor nocks yesterday. A superior design to all others IMHO! Totally enclosed, so should have no issues with blood getting inside. Fit perfectly on the string and SO EASY to turn off! NO tools needed- just pull off the nock, remove the light “stick” from inside and pull until it turns off.

Will be picking up another 3 pack before the season starts!

24-Aug-18
I'll stick with the Glory Nocks. .....dont have to pull nuthin' out, just press on the string, hold the tab in, pull off string, it goes out .... been working flawlessly ...

24-Aug-18
Looks to me like blood could still get inside the nock. Let us know how they work when you put it thru a deer Jeff.

26-Aug-18

26-Aug-18
Supposedly, they are sealed somehow ... So, I'll see come season... first big Doe within range is in trouble ...

26-Aug-18
Ok- good luck and let us know!

26-Aug-18
Checking these out- the X is .204 my Carbon Express Maxima 350 is .203.

Hmmm will the Glory Nocks squeeze in there?

26-Aug-18
call them Monday and ask .. the bushings do compress down... the difference is very very slight / .204 vs .203

27-Aug-18

GregE's Link
rechecked- the Maxima SD is .203- My standard Maxima Red 350 is .244 S size. Looks like I'll need the Uni fit adapter

18-Oct-18
Usage comments:

- The plastic S inserts leave the nocks too loose- they turn quite easily.

+ The green LED light is very bright- easy to see it going down range.

- The nock doesn't lock on the string like a bjorn- I had a hard time telling if it was seated securely.- Practicing at longer ranges I had 2 of the nocks lose the light reset button so there is no way to turn them off unless they are on a string.

+ the lights lasted a couple days

I'll probably not get more

G

18-Oct-18
I really liked the concept of how the Glory nocks are made and liked how they turned off so I purchased 9 X nocks in blue. I used these in new Easton 340 FMJ's.

Fit seems decent but could be a bit tighter. Coldest hunt was Sunday in snow and the nock pulled out of the shaft when I pulled arrow off the string. This actually surprised me because I too have notice some don't "snap" on to the string making me question if they are properly seated.

Had one not work from the very beginning. Had one fall apart upon impact with a foam target (60 yard shot). Biggest disappointment was in the one I killed a Mule deer with. Fell apart and light was not on. 100 grain Vortex cut two ribs on both entry and exit so there was some "impact". Bent a blade but broadhead fully intact. 35 yard shot. Fortunately it was a clean kill in the morning.

The ones I have practiced overall have worked well but the durability is very questionable. Light seems bright but not brighter than nocturnals. Light will last for days but gets dim in 24 hours or so. Very easy to turn off.

I returned the three that broke or didn't work and will probably finish out the season with them as I have everything sighted in accordingly. Will probably switch next year.

Jeff

18-Oct-18
I think there are problems with them... I see that Nockturnals now have a Universal fit like the Glorys .... the "fit"/bushings are fine with my GT XT Velocity's and Hunters, no problem there, the fit is good, not super tight, but snug, and Ive moved the nock/bushing from arrow to arrow ... I did send two Greens back, one the battery popped out when it hit my bag target and was loose in the shaft, it fell apart, another would just flicker or not turn on .... I'm waiting for the replacements, I wrote them I want the replacements in RED... the pack of Reds, I havnt had a problem with... I have shot the heck out of the greens. .... after I put that serving above my lower loop knot, I havnt had a problem with them staying on the string, even on let downs, no problems there........ when I take the arrow off the string, I just hold the tab down and pull the arrow off with two/three fingers, no problems there either... the off tab works as intended..... the Reds are on the arrows I hunt with, I need to kill a deer first to see how they work in a real situation, Ive had a few close encounters with some big does, just lousy shot angles I wont take... ... so for me the jury is still out ..

21-Oct-18
well, I received the 2 replacements in green ... shot both about a dozen times, no problems ... the color of the tab is a lighter green than the originals, they are very brite ....

10-Nov-18

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
Lousy ass nocks !! ... I finally got on a chance a 2.5 yr old busted rack 8 pt yesterday and the lousy nock BROKE off going thru the deer .... snapped right off even with the back of the arrow ... W T F !!

10-Nov-18
Congrats

10-Nov-18
JTV so which nock was it?

10-Nov-18
The Uni Fit with the GT Bushing/Red ... the bushing is still in the arrows end .... I finally get to use one on a live critter and this crap happens ... depressed and pissed ... the arrow was buried in the ground where the buck was standing, I kept looking for the red light, couldnt see it, grabbed the binos and saw the arrow sticking up, couldnt see the nock ... I dont remember even seeing the red when I shot, 21 yds, but then at 305 fps, its hard to see much ....I will say the Slick Trick Wicked Trick performed admirably .... ;0) .... watched him go down about 60 yds away ... pinwheeled the left lung, rear bottom right lung and the liver... he must have been angled towards me, not much though ...

• Sitka Gear