13-May-18

Sleevelakeoutfitter's embedded Photo

13-May-18

13-May-18

We have some history with this old belly dragger, hopefully one of the fellas can get an opportunity at him this spring
We have some history with this old belly dragger, hopefully one of the fellas can get an opportunity at him this spring

13-May-18

13-May-18

13-May-18

13-May-18

13-May-18

13-May-18

13-May-18
Good luck Evan and uncle Dave.

13-May-18
Looks great Evan!

13-May-18

Another monster, this is a new bear to this bait site. We have thousands of trail camera pictures over the last 10 years and a very good track on the bears we have
Another monster, this is a new bear to this bait site. We have thousands of trail camera pictures over the last 10 years and a very good track on the bears we have

13-May-18

A couple of nice bears, might be an early rut this year by the looks of all the trail cam pics we’ve been getting
A couple of nice bears, might be an early rut this year by the looks of all the trail cam pics we’ve been getting

13-May-18

Nice crease starting on this young boar, he’s obviously got someone out of camera view he’s not happy with
Nice crease starting on this young boar, he’s obviously got someone out of camera view he’s not happy with

13-May-18

13-May-18

Beauty of a bear on a bait we call “The Ranch” the name is because of an elk ranch not far from the location, this bait produced a fall bear that greened scored just over 20 inches last fall
Beauty of a bear on a bait we call “The Ranch” the name is because of an elk ranch not far from the location, this bait produced a fall bear that greened scored just over 20 inches last fall

14-May-18

Another great bear on a bait we call “The Line” this bait has produced some absolute Slobs, including last springs that greened out at just a touch over 22” and dried just under that mark
Another great bear on a bait we call “The Line” this bait has produced some absolute Slobs, including last springs that greened out at just a touch over 22” and dried just under that mark

14-May-18

A little disagreement on who gets what food
A little disagreement on who gets what food

14-May-18
Looking good have u started yet? Wish u the best hope u get some of those on the table.

14-May-18
Start this week uncle, things are looking really good! Thank you!

14-May-18

Brand new bait we call “The Island” we started this bait exactly a week ago and already has 5 different bears on it, including a beauty chocolate
Brand new bait we call “The Island” we started this bait exactly a week ago and already has 5 different bears on it, including a beauty chocolate

14-May-18

14-May-18

Another gorgeous chocolate at a bait we call “marten”
Another gorgeous chocolate at a bait we call “marten”

14-May-18

14-May-18

14-May-18
Any reason you don’t post your guide fees on your website? Just me, but i don’t think twice about closing the screen when prices are not posted. You have great bears so i hope this doesn’t come off negative towards your operations.. just always frustrates me when they are not posted. best to you and happy hunting

14-May-18
We’ve found that if someone is serious about booking a bear hunt with an us it’s pretty simple to send off a quick email. As outfitters myself and all other outfitters can agree we did not get into this business to make money and that’s just the way it is, we do it because we love it.

Also with that being said We really enjoy interacting with clients and answering all their questions, including prices. We are a very personable business meaning all of our clients that hunt with us start out as clients and leave as friends.

I really apreciate the feed back, and We do not take any negativity at all towards our outfit. Thank you, and I hope 2018 brings you great success in the field

14-May-18

14-May-18

Not a shooter bear by our standards but great to see, we do not have a high percentage of colour phase bears and we are always the first to admit it. This year has been exceptional for colour!
Not a shooter bear by our standards but great to see, we do not have a high percentage of colour phase bears and we are always the first to admit it. This year has been exceptional for colour!

17-May-18

First night and a beauty down! Congrats Bonnie! Skull was greened at 19 2/16 and the bear measured 6’5

18-May-18

Pumpkin, new bear on a new site we call the “OP”
Pumpkin, new bear on a new site we call the “OP”

19-May-18

Monster we call Tank, on a bait we “Big Antler”
Monster we call Tank, on a bait we “Big Antler”

19-May-18

Couple good bears
Couple good bears

20-May-18
Good looking bears Evan! Hope your 2018 season is a good one!

20-May-18
Great bears. I also agree with the comment about not posting prices. In this day and age customers have many options and access to information. Device providers that make us work harder to do phase 1 diligence are at a disadvantage. .......,,,,particularly if they are competitive on rates. If they are not and it needs to be personally explained why there is a cost premium then not posting is a good strategy to ensure discussion with potential clients.

I think as an outfitter i'd prefer to list and disclose vs. asking for even more tire kicker calls than I would already get as an outfitter.

20-May-18
I think a simple pm about what you think are good business practices would be more suitable. Great looking bears Evan!

20-May-18
Agreed rattling junkie.

Four of us dealing with Evan have found him so far to be honest and direct. His prices are competitive and in line with what the four of us experienced before, in fact less. And when we first contacted him and asked, his price was provided without hesitation. If anything, he may do this so you contact him. We had a much better feeling about Sleeve Lake after talking with him. We all thought he knew his stuff, and that we were dealing with a person that was confident but not egostitical. I suspect he knows he makes a favorable impression with his sincerity if given a chance to actually talk to a potential client. JMO.

Not only has he answered all questions from each of us, he has been very proactive in sending pictures in advance without any request to do so. We have not experienced that before and it says to us the same as his words, he is looking forward to having us as guests and we are looking forward to his hosting us.

Thanks.

20-May-18
That’s some dandies Evan, good luck this week.

20-May-18
Yup....nice bears.

With respect to advertising prices.....I tend to skip over outfitters that do not list prices unless there is something that stands out from the others. Reason being is many outfitters do list prices and if one is working on a budget and timeframe, the initial price listing will suggest to the prospective client if the price is within the window of acceptability without needing to call the outfitter. Once the prospective client has the base information they need, they will make a list of prospective outfitters to reach out to based on the particular criteria they or their group have set up before hand....price being one of the criteria. The prospective client will then start reaching out to the prospective outfitters on the list they created and then get into the specific questions with them.

I think by not listing prices, the outfitters create a bit of a mystery and work for the prospective client who may or may not have enough built up curiosity to inquire about the price.

Speaking for myself...I've been looking around for another vehicle. Some car dealerships will not advertise their prices and say something to the effect of "call to find out the price" or "call for price". I move on because I suspect that is part of the sales hook....once you get on the phone with the car salesmen he/she will then go into with their high-pressured sales pitch when all you wanted to know was the price of the car. I'm not saying outfitters are like car salesmen....but that may be what comes to a prospective client's mind when the outfitter doesn't list a price and/or are told to call for price. All of this is my opinion only so take it for what it's worth.

20-May-18
I also agree with posting your prices on your website - I simply close the screen if the cost(s) are not posted. Think of it this way: when shopping at a brick and mortar, or Amazon, imagine not seeing any prices! Yes, it's a simple email, but in this day and age, it's an unnecessary step for a future client to have to take. Also, if an interested client sees your prices and emails you, then you really know he's interested. Good luck!

20-May-18
Thanks everyone for the great feedback, perhaps I will start posting prices on my website. We’ve honestly never had any issues brought to our attention before with not having them posted. We are totally transparent and have nothing to hide when it comes to our prices which I think are very reasonable for the quality of our hunts. With that being said I don’t see any harm in posting prices, so on my next website update they will be on the site. Thanks again everyone for the feedback it is all very welcome, happy hunting everyone!!

20-May-18
Ha, funny, I looked that the website last week when this thread started and quickly dismissed it as well due to lack of pricing. I don’t think any of the guys here are trying to be negative, just pointing out a possible turn off for potential clients.

Post up some more of those trophy pics as the come, looking forward to them.

Ha, I think we were typing at the same time!

—Jim

23-May-18
Good luck evan

24-May-18

Another beauty Pope for Mark, his first time to Canada and his first bear!

24-May-18
Awesome, congrats guys!

26-May-18

It’s that time of the year again! Big boys are on the move!
It’s that time of the year again! Big boys are on the move!

26-May-18

26-May-18

28-May-18
Thank you Evan and crew for a great first day of hunting. Three out of four of us took bears, and Brian could have taken a nice bear but decided to pass or we all would have tagged out. (Brian was hunting with his daughter McKena and she had a bear on the ground.)

All of us saw multiple bear! Outstanding operation and we are much obliged!

28-May-18
Great bears, looks like a nice operation.

28-May-18
That’s great congrats on the bears.

28-May-18

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Sleeve Lake Outfitters

28-May-18

Thank you Alexis. Great Outfitters run in the family!

Here is McKena's P&Y.

29-May-18
Thanks Fellas it was a short week but a very memorable, looking forward to having you up again next season Frank so we can do it all over again!

29-May-18

More big boys showing up
More big boys showing up

29-May-18

29-May-18
I will be there. I took care of the only smaller bear you had;). You guys have some monsters for sure!

29-May-18

01-Jun-18

Brian with the absolute stud he held out for by passing on over 10 bears. 100% success rate for Sleeve Lake.

02-Jun-18
Any fall openings

• Sitka Gear