BagginBigguns 18-May-18
Sling Shot 18-May-18
OTT2 18-May-18
wyobullshooter 18-May-18
Windwalker 18-May-18
stick slinger 19-May-18
RD in WI 19-May-18
17-May-18
I recently purchased a SCAT release. It is a hydraulic release that the user sets up to fire after a period of time, but only after the trigger is released. I have struggled with target panic for a bit and this release helped me. I am not affiliated with the company in any way, just wanted to let people know about a way to alleviate the problem and enjoy shooting.

17-May-18
RD...did you try any tension activated releases, like a Carter Evolution or Silverback. They are very helpful as well.

17-May-18
cant wait to try one with my tradbow

17-May-18
I think a release like that would GIVE me target panic! Glad it worked out for you RD.

17-May-18
The first time I ever used a release was 30 years ago in an indoor league. I improved my score on a 300 round by 50 points even though I had 2 zeroes when the release went off early. They have come a long time since then.

17-May-18
I’m glad this release helped with your TP, but I’m wondering how reliable a hydraulic release would be in cold weather.

17-May-18
It's not too bad, a bit slower.

17-May-18
"I’m wondering how reliable a hydraulic release would be in cold weather"

Prob be a good idea to change the oil :>)

17-May-18
I have spared no expense trying to get TP under control, both in practice sessions and equipment purchases. At one point when I lived in South Dakota, I could hold pin on target and slowly work through a shot but after a period of time, it (TP) just came back. I have a Carter Evolution + and a Just-B-Cuz that I fire using back tension. The former works very well but occasionally will fire prematurely if I anchor too firmly into the back wall. I can shoot a target covered with a black trash bag with no problem, no matter what release I use and can shoot my longbow and recurve with no problems at any target. I guess I am just a mess. Thanks for all the kind remarks and well wishes - target panic is a real bummer.

17-May-18
I have one of these and it mainly a training tool for target panic , colder weather is non issue for training session. It works well , but no better than using a Stan or any other back tension released.

18-May-18
RD, target panic is an awful form of anxiety, especially when u love to hunt as much as we do. However, it can b beat or managed!!! I would follow John Dudley religiously or email Forest Carter, who has a great article on dealing with TP! Both duds and Carter have been instrumental in helping me overcome it. TP can b beat!!! Good luck to you!!!

18-May-18
I’ve been using a carter three finger thumb for four years now and this hole time i never used it “correctly” until I recently got an evolution and that really tough me to pull through instead of punching. Makes the shot feel a lot better.

18-May-18
How do we contact John Duplex or Forest Carter?

18-May-18
I'm intrigued by this concept, even if only for a training/"therapy" device. I've struggled over the years with TP. My understanding is that the mind can't focus on two things at once, and therefore simultaneous aiming & triggering are difficult (impossible?). Hence, the pursuit has always been to produce a "surprise release". This device gives you a time window between 0 and 6 seconds to aim without thinking about the trigger, solving the dilemma of executing simultaneous tasks.

It makes some sense to me. I might have to give it a try.

18-May-18
John Dudley's website is: nockonarchery.com I purchased his nock-to-it release and it was the best move I have made in years. First go to YouTube and watch his videos. You will get a ton of information on the correct way to use his release. It cured my target panic.

18-May-18
I tried this release a few years ago after suffering bouts of target panic. The only thing the Scat gave me was a full blown case of target panic. The only thing that cured me was a tension release. Carter Squeeze Me was my savior.

18-May-18
John Dudley’s YouTube videos are certainly helpful. That said, when I was able to finally overcome the debilitating effects of TP, two items were invaluable. One was Bernie Pelerite’s book “Idiot Proof Archery”. The other was a Carter Backstrap release.

18-May-18
I had a Scat release for awhile but at times I would flinch while waiting for the release to fire. One time I flinch just as it fired and missed a 4' by 4' target butt at 30 yards. Never found the arrow. After that I sold the release.

19-May-18
That’s a good size butt. Just as well that you missed I suppose.

19-May-18
So far so good on the SCAT release. It is has been windy here in Wisconsin lately and I haven't moved beyond 30 yards, but I have yet to fire and arrow that wasn't a bullseye. So far, my circle of friends have mixed feelings - a good friend doesn't like it, even though his best group of the day came with the SCAT; my wife (also a good friend) liked it and said she was able to finally understand the "float the pin" concept while waiting for the release to fire. My plan is to use this release exclusively for a month straight and see how I fare with my index finger release afterwards. I don't think I could hunt with the SCAT unless the animal was bedded.

• Sitka Gear