Treeline 19-May-18
splitlimb13 19-May-18
cnelk 19-May-18
Buglmin 20-May-18
LINK 20-May-18
Franklin 21-May-18
swampokie 21-May-18
18-May-18
I am a Pennsylvania hunter looking to do a 2019 Elk hunt in Colorado. Anyone have any input on outfitters or what zones to focus on?

18-May-18
good luck man!! Can't help with Colorado, but being from PA as well, i know the desire to get out there!

ben

18-May-18
I would focus on the western zone.......

19-May-18
If you go with an outfitter make sure he has private land to hunt. Otherwise you’d be better off doing a DIY hunt

As far as zones, pros and cons to all of them. Do the research and crunch the numbers

19-May-18
Rockin R, Bowsite Sponsor. 7,000 acres of Private. See Bowsite Outfitter Reports.

19-May-18
Coming from the east on your first elk hunt, an outfitter will definitely be a good investment. Just be sure to do your homework and get a good one. You have time to call them up and talk to them as well as check references.

Good luck!

19-May-18
I agree with treeline! The OP is from the other side of the country. Is he supposed to drive down every weekend and scout. I always see people posting these types responses when an Outfitter is brought into the picture. If I was planning a hunt in a different state I'd spend the money before I'd go in blind. I'm a diy guy for sure. I've never been on a guided hunt , although if I were flying across the country to a new place you bet I would be. Good luck.

19-May-18

cnelk's Link
Colorado Outfitters Association - see link

20-May-18
Banded Peaks Ranch, or even the Jicarilla Apache Reservation. Lots of good, solid outfitters in Colorado, and having guided on the Banded Peaks Ranch, I have seen the quality of bulls being killed there, and the Jic's are killing some great bulls, cheap!!

20-May-18
Lol

21-May-18
Going on a guided hunt on public land and happen across other DIY hunters will crush you mentally. I would only go guided on private land unless the hunt is dirt cheap.

You don`t necessarily have to "scout" every area you hunt. You don`t scout a Alaskan DIY Caribou hunt....or a Montana spring bear hunt on berries....Pronghorn in Wyoming. Do you research....hunt hard and smart and you stand just as good of a chance as a guided hunt on public land.

21-May-18
+1 franklin knocked it outa tha park!

• Sitka Gear