ELKMAN 04-Jun-18
Whocares 05-Jun-18
ELKMAN 05-Jun-18
master guide 07-Jun-18
master guide 07-Jun-18
ELKMAN 07-Jun-18
ELKMAN 11-Jun-18
24-May-18
I shot one today and ordered one today! All I can say about the bow is I'm impressed with everything about it. I can't wait to get mine!

24-May-18
Is your brother Elkman? :^)

24-May-18
Just got done shooting my RX1 ultra at 60 yds in the Colorado Rockies. Feels so good to be back. Out for my grandson's graduation so staying a while in a cabin on the Gore that I've used before. Matter of fact having a cocktail now on the deck I built here last time I used the cabin. Life is good and love that bow! You'll enjoy it Hunter.

24-May-18
What specs did you have it set for

24-May-18
I shot the guys shop bow. It was a little too long draw for me but I immediately knew I was ordering one after I shot it.

24-May-18
Took me two weeks to order one. What I like about them is the DL is dead on to what it should be and not a skosh longer. Also the back wall is in between limb stops and the traditional spongy feel of cable stops.

25-May-18
You should be able to get one purty quick. It took 4 months to get mine but they're keepers

25-May-18
Best bow that Hoyt has produced to date for sure. You will not be disappointed. Let me know if you need any tips when your setting it up.

26-May-18
I'm liking my Defiant much better and can't figure out why I'm not loving my RX-1...

26-May-18
I’m with loopmtz on this one. I prefer my Carbon Defiant by a large margin over my RX1. Thinking of selling the RX 1 in fact....

26-May-18
I love both my RX1's.

26-May-18
I never shot the Defiant, but I'm loving my RX-1 Ultra. I'm still breaking it in, but it may be the best bow I've ever had.

26-May-18
I wish it had the 7-inch brace height

26-May-18
I agree Forest and with the shorter brace and high energy cams the bow is noticeably louder than the Defiant but I suppose the trade off of “speed gained” is worth it to some.

26-May-18
Speed is not worth noise in the woods. Fine for foam.

26-May-18
The short brace height, crummy finishes and increasing bow weight led me elsewhere this year

26-May-18
I have had mine for about 4 months. Stepped up from a 2013 carbon element. I try to stick with a bow 4-5 years (confidence and financial). But I’m with some of the others here. I think it is a good bow and all, but I just have not been blown away with it. I kinda wish I had shopped a little harder before I bought it. I will probably stick with it for a while, and i shoot it well enough, but it still doesn’t quite feel like “the one” for me.

—jim

26-May-18
Defiant for me had one of the more awkward-feeling draw cycles of any bow Hoyt has produced. Personal preference type thing, and others may like it. But the RX-1 draw cycle is similar to my CST, which is frequently cited as one of the smoothest Hoyt performance bows ever. My favorite aspect of the RX-1 is the responsiveness to tuning moves. Which makes for an easy process to get BH and FP to match up out to 100 yards. For this reason alone, it has become my favorite Hoyt bow to date. The noise issue on my RX-1 was abated with string silencers and a dampening type stabilizer. I believe the more recent models are now being shipped from the factory with string silencers.

26-May-18
Amazing how we killed animals - elk, antelope, mule and whitetail deer - 25 years ago with slower and louder bows than today.

I'm pretty sure they'll see me, hear me, smell me more times than my RX-1 flinging an arrow will mess up a chance...

26-May-18
HDE x2.

26-May-18
Tone x2

27-May-18
Short brace height: went from 6-7/8 to 6 - it's more psychological than anything else. Increased weight: heavier bottom limb for stability - there ain't any free lunch and no different than an AL riser. Crummy finishes: um, no.

27-May-18
Amazing how we killed animals - elk, antelope, mule and whitetail deer - 25 years ago with crummier finishes than today.

27-May-18
The defiant is a standard to measure other bows by I believe. Top notch in all regards h

27-May-18
Shorter brace height shouldn't make it loud, quietest bow I've ever experienced had a 6" bh and was also the fastest I've experienced, it was a darton ds3800

27-May-18
There is some very odd takes on this one. The Defiant is known industry wide at this point to be one of Hoyt's "less than" offerings for a multitude of reasons, but glad to see you guys are enjoying them. The RX1 line is fast proving itself in every way as one of their very best. As far as the brace: I hate to break it to you guys, but 6 is the new 7. All the testing shows that it is pretty much a myth that you need 7 to build a forgiving platform. It is all about the riser to limb geometry, or the "shape" of the overall package and how it loads and deflects the riser. I personally love the draw cycle of the new Hyper cams especially with the lower let off options, and as far as tuning between the RX1 and the Defiant line there isn't even a discussion to be had. I am shooting the Ultra, and have set up countless of the standard and Turbo, and have had no issues with noise. Some good string silencers and decent stab. and they are as dead as anything out there. My Ultra is actually one of the quieter bows I have owned. The RX1 platform just holds better and has better balance than any of the previous Carbons. Admittedly some of that is due to weight increase, but most of it is where they "hung" the weight on these bows. Low, very low, creating an almost pendulum like effect when holding on target, making these very accurate laterally. To the OP: You will love your new bow. Let me know if you need any technical help when setting it up. (Doubt you will as they tune dead middle and dead level in about 10 minutes) ;-)

27-May-18
I’ve never thought a 6” brace was less forgiving per se, but in January at minus 20, I prefer a 7” brace. Seems to avoid my layers a little better at the shot which in turn is “more forgiving”.

27-May-18
Just finished shooting my RX1 ultra at 60 and my son was standing 30 yds away and said the bow was very quiet. And it's a dead calm morning on the mountain.

27-May-18
What is the best quiver to run on the rx1 bow?

27-May-18
i have a tightspot 5 arrow quiver on my ultra. spend a little more and get a better quiver!

27-May-18
Dave what would a better one be then

27-May-18
Traditionally, a longer brace got the string further away from your wrist to accommodate less wrist slap and bulkier clothing. A reflex riser design with short brace height does the same thing as a "regular" riser and longer brace.

27-May-18
I meant to say the tightspot is the better quiver imo

28-May-18
Bou: I will ONLY run the Hoyt 2 piece (Not the carbon) if I am shooting with quiver on. The 2 piece quivers just balance and hold so much better, while actually quieting the bow substantially. If I'm setting a bow up to take the quiver off it really doesn't matter what you use as it would be 99% personal preference and irrelevant on the shot. I prefer the Tightspot for that set up.

28-May-18
HDE: That was a FAAAR more significant factor before the advent of string stops. With a string stop and proper form you would have to be wearing a polar bear to have any issues with string to arm contact.

28-May-18
I once had a Bowtech Extreme Solo years ago that had a very short brace height and the design of the riser put the string at rest nearly where you would wear a wrist watch. After shooting, my wrist was always bruised making me wear an armguard. This bow would have been better with longer brace.

And, it did not have a string stop.

28-May-18
I prefer the 2 piece Hoyt quiver to the Tightspot.

29-May-18
I prefer Hoyt 2 piece quiver to Tightspot also. Better balance and with a few mods (cutting the spacer blocks) I can set it up to be closer to the riser than the TS.

29-May-18
I agree about the 2-piece vs. TS. That's why I have a 3 arrow TS instead of the 5. The 3 arrow balances the same as the 2-piece does and hugs the bow just as close.

29-May-18
Always been a 2 piece fan as well. Much more stable

29-May-18
Hoyt 2-piece for sure...I’m another one, that wishes they’d have made a 7” BH model for this bow...However I’m also really happy with my ProDefiant!

29-May-18
Switched only because I occasionally like to take my quiver off.

01-Jun-18
Just know the minute you remove that quiver your tune and sighting WILL change. May be slight depending on set up, but it will affect arrow launch, there in affecting your impact point.

01-Jun-18
Shot an RX1 last night. Nice bow....crazy expensive.

01-Jun-18
Take quiver off to work on my bow and put in a bow case. Don't shoot without it on.

Just an FYI...

02-Jun-18
Perfect.^^^

03-Jun-18
Are any of you guys finding the need to change stock strings on these?

03-Jun-18
Not yet. Probably won't swap out the string until 1 yr in, then the cables and string at year 2.

03-Jun-18
If the strings on a $1,600 bow are not good enough out of the box there is a big problem. Hoyt strings have been very very good for many many years.

04-Jun-18
Agreed Bou. They have been rock solid on mine. I was just wondering if others were experiencing the same.

04-Jun-18
Never shot one, Best for my marriage I don't. But I really like how the grip feels.

04-Jun-18
On my 3rd Hoyt. RX 1 Ultra now. Stock strings have always been good.

04-Jun-18
Love my Ultra. Best Hoyt to date

05-Jun-18
What arrow spine are guys using with the RX1 Ultra? I have 31 inch draw and set at 62 # draw. Using Beman ICS carbon Hunter Classic in 340. 100 gr broadhead. Very satisfied with my shooting. But recently a friend insisted I should be using 300's. Insisted I'm underspined. My setup was done by the pro shop where I do business and the owner is considered very good. I used these same 340 arrows with my Carbon Spider and was also very satisfied. But my friend was over the top insistent. Finally told him I look in my freezer to check my shooting! He didn't like that, as his freezer is usually unplugged! Should I be experimenting??

05-Jun-18
You are fine with a 340 at that poundage with only 100 grain point weight assuming you are shooting a standard insert. If you went to a brass insert to up your FOC, or increased the poundage I would recommend a 300 spine.

07-Jun-18
Here is a little tip to the guys that are questioning the 6 in brace height on the RX1 ultra, the height is not the problem. After a month or so of shooting do some close range tuning to see if your arrow rest is still getting out of the way in time, many rest are showing contact after a few hundred shots. mostly spring problems. also many of the current popular rest will not clear fast enough for 360 , 400, or 500, size vanes on bows with 6 inch brace height. have found this problem all spring on turkey hunters bows . The new crop of bows, Hoyt,Bowtech,Mathews, Pse, regardless of your choice are all very stable,quiet, balance well and are blazing fast, but the arrow rest have to keep up and get out of the way in time, they do when new but many slow after a few months of shooting. Hope this note can help a few of the guys with problems on the new bows.

07-Jun-18
Here is a little tip to the guys that are questioning the 6 in brace height on the RX1 ultra, the height is not the problem. After a month or so of shooting do some close range tuning to see if your arrow rest is still getting out of the way in time, many rest are showing contact after a few hundred shots. mostly spring problems. also many of the current popular rest will not clear fast enough for 360 , 400, or 500, size vanes on bows with 6 inch brace height. have found this problem all spring on turkey hunters bows . The new crop of bows, Hoyt,Bowtech,Mathews, Pse, regardless of your choice are all very stable,quiet, balance well and are blazing fast, but the arrow rest have to keep up and get out of the way in time, they do when new but many slow after a few months of shooting. Hope this note can help a few of the guys with problems on the new bows.

07-Jun-18
What are 360,400, and 500 size "vanes"? And I have seen no issues with clearance due to brace with any quality rest.

11-Jun-18
I guess you figured it out... grin

• Sitka Gear