deerslayer 27-May-18
Slate 27-May-18
Wapitidung 27-May-18
Slate 27-May-18
Shawn 28-May-18
Genesis 28-May-18
Ranger rick 28-May-18
26-May-18
My sister in law is looking for a guided whitetail hunt as a gift to her husband for there 20th anniversary. Money is an issue as they have 6 kids and he is a pastor that doesn't make a lot of money. He lives in Minnesota. Thinking maybe Missouri or Wisconsin as most state draws are over. He is a great guy who loves the outdoors. Thought I would ask my fellow bowsiters for there thoughts. He has No points in any state. Looking for a great time with a real shot at a 130 or better I think. I was scammed once in Iowa by a supposed guide, so I dont want that to happen to him as this may be truly a once in a lifetime event for him. I appreciate any advice or direction! Thanks

26-May-18
first how much does she want to spend

26-May-18
Illinois is an option also. Good luck!

26-May-18
Slate X2... Like most things in life, quality depends on budget. If he's wants a great chance at a good buck I would highly recommend Canada. Specifically Alberta or Saskatchewan. For a cheaper, closer to home hunt, I've also good things about Kentucky.

26-May-18
Thanks! I am waiting to here back on her max price. I know it's a long shot to find a good hunt with a smaller price tag, but they are great people so I thought I'd try to help them. May have to look at semi guided or lease, but as a pastor, I think 1 week would be max vacation time.

26-May-18
She would like to stay around $2000. If anyone has ideas, I'd appreciate it. Thank You

26-May-18
Nebraska may be an option, you may find something for 2000-2500. He could hunt there DIY for

27-May-18
That is a hard budget to meet her demands in my opinion. I wish I had something for you good luck.

27-May-18
Just an idea... if he hasn’t done it yet. A person can get a nice pronghorn hunt in wy or so for that budget.

27-May-18
Tell her to look right next door at ND. Still pretty much a sleeper state, it seems. I go every year, it is $1750 and, includes lodging and meals.

27-May-18
PM sent

27-May-18
I thought that to Trail153 but he said deer. Good advice.

27-May-18
There's away Kansas but the Jayhawk state has turned in to nothing but a stand at a corn feeder kind of hunt. That's a shame.

27-May-18
I hunt there but, not over corn and and $2000 wont get you in.

28-May-18
I hunt Kansas most every year and I can hunt for 3 weeks all included for 2100. That is DYI though, I believe if you have a full 10 days to hunt that a 130" buck is possible in Kansas but he would have to draw next year!: Shawn

28-May-18
Trail153 x 3.You really rathole yourself into a lower quality hunt when your looking for guided whitetail at that price point.

Pronghorn would be much higher success in unique country.The mounts are beautiful no matter horn length.

As a “gift” your pronghorn would also carry a higher success rate to commensurate your gesture also.

28-May-18
Thanks guys! Alot of good advice. I am going to research the leads and compiling a list of options. Deerslayer, what a fantastic offer! There are some great people on this site!! Thank you for helping out a bow brother!

• Sitka Gear