Herdbull 14-Jul-18
varmint101 15-Jul-18
Herdbull 16-Jul-18
Herdbull 02-Sep-18
01-Jun-18

Herdbull's embedded Photo
Herdbull's embedded Photo

Herdbull's Link
My solo moose hunting film, "Chasing Solitude," is now available on Blu-ray disc and Standard DVD,( running time 107 minutes) and can be purchased on-line from my website Herd Bull Productions. Or you can pull down from the Bowsite Sponsors list. I take you along to three mountain ranges in Alaska in search of moose. It is self-filmed and funded. However, I have been on the Sitka Pro-staff / Athlete staff since 2007, and you will see equipment that I use. A story from one of the hunts from 2017, will be published in the next issue of Traditional Bowhunter Magazine, and may add to this video experience. Thank you for your interest and support. Mike

01-Jun-18
Just ordered. Ship it fast! Lol honestly can t wait.

02-Jun-18
Congrats Mike! Looking forward to it:)

02-Jun-18
Just ordered. Look forward to watching the adventures

02-Jun-18
Sweet!! Just ordered Mike and I can't wait to watch it. I also have your book and really enjoyed that. You are an inspiration

02-Jun-18
I have a brand new shiny copy of Mike's dvd sitting at my tv set right now. Planning to watch it tonight...and have a toast to Solitude. Thanks Mike!

02-Jun-18
Just finished watching. Well done Mike! This dvd would be worth it for the scenery alone but the tips and big bull footage are just too much. I will say it made me feel like I was there in camp even though he is THE solo bowhunter.

02-Jun-18
Looking forward to getting the DVD and I think rather than ordering it I'll just take few hours and come down to see you in a couple weeks while your'e down in Berrien Springs for 3 days!

03-Jun-18
Thoughts during and after viewing this...

Amazing clarity; felt like I could reach out and touch the willows and blueberries. Sparse-but-excellent narration which is perfect for the theme of solitude. Superior job of showing the total experience, and not just the actual pursuit of game. Phenomenal, inspirational scenery. Brush-cracking up-close moose encounters that raise your hair. I could almost feel moose hair and touch antlers after the kill.

For serious diy moose hunters, this is the definitive video to watch. Mike has captured the essence of the Alaska experience. He is a true apex predator, real bowhunter and woodsman. I learned a few other things about him in this film, but I won’t spoil it for anyone. I’m proud to call Mike my friend AND a personal inspiration. We both love the wild and lonely places. Thanks Mike.

03-Jun-18
I know Mike has it set up for this to premier at a local to him movie theater. I’m bummed out I will be out of town this week and will not be able to see this film on the big screen. It would definitely be worth the 5 hour drive to see this in the theater proper rather than a 65” screen. I will dig up that info and post here.

03-Jun-18

03-Jun-18

Shrewski's embedded Photo
Shrewski's embedded Photo
Here is the info for the big screen showing:

03-Jun-18
Ordered. Looking forward to watching it. The book was fantastic.

13-Jun-18
Ordered mine yesterday, I really enjoy Mikes writings and I'm sure this video will be great , as well.

13-Jun-18
Wife and I made the trip to see the "Big Screen" premier. Made us feel like we were there in camp with Mike. I told him it was no longer a solo hunt. $20, worlds best deal on three fly in Alaska wilderness hunts! Highest recommend

15-Jun-18
Ordered it and looking forward to watching !

15-Jun-18
Looking forward to this one!!

Thanks for posting up Mike!

Mark

21-Jun-18
Great movie! I had a chance to view it last evening. For those that want to get a good idea of doing it solo this is great and the mountain scenery is top notch, not to mention the great bulls! Good job, and its sure is nice to see a real hunting adventure without all the yelling and high fives.

21-Jun-18
Mike: Just ordered a copy for Matt and me. Thx

21-Jun-18
Got mine ordered, Looking forward to watching it. And the book is a good read. Thanks Mike!

21-Jun-18
Charlie et.al. the DVDs are in the mail. It was 2005 when we launched "Primal Dreams." I think this film will be good to show your wives or other non-hunters, and I will be interested in what you guys and gals think of this new one. Thanks for your interest, Mike

21-Jun-18
Just ordered mine, really enjoyed the book and Primal Dreams, can't wait to watch!

22-Jun-18
Are they going to be for sale at the Wis State Trad Shoot in August?

23-Jun-18
Very good film, delivery was amazingly fast as well. Think I got it a day after I ordered it.

23-Jun-18
Every single film has been great! Ordering tonight!

Thanks Mike

23-Jun-18
Just ordered "one with the wilderness" book. Gonna be stranded on a smoldering, sandy beach the week of july 4th, hopefully this will help the week fly by....

Gonna get the video, but figured the book would be best for the trip and didnt wanna shell out for both at once.

23-Jun-18
Just watched mine last night. Outstanding! Well done Mike. It was if I was walking along with you.

23-Jun-18
Will be ordering mine.

24-Jun-18
Thank you all for interest and taking the time to critique this film. Ground Hunter- Yes I plan to be at the Wis Trad Archers state shoot in August in Janesville. I will also have DVD and Blu-ray disc available at the ETAR and shoot in Denton Hill , PA July 27-29. Mike

24-Jun-18
Thanks Mike, I will pick up my copy there,,,, looking forward to it

25-Jun-18
Greg Kush picked one up for me at the Compton rendezvous and it is in the mail to me. Can't wait to see it!

25-Jun-18
Ordered....can't wait to watch! Thanks Mike!

25-Jun-18
I watched it last night. Excellent video. Mike did an excellent job recording it. 5 stars for sure!

25-Jun-18
Ordered......

25-Jun-18
Whats nice about it is, its real. No bs from sponsers, no crazy lingo. Just real hunting, real advice and really enjoyable. Needs to be a lot more of these types of videos made.

26-Jun-18
Does anyone know if you get shipping info when the order is processed and shipped? I got an email after ordering saying the order will "dispatched" ASAP. Leaving for myrtle beach friday night, counting on this book to help get me thru the week. Im sure that they just ship it and there is no shipping confirmation, but this thing is gonna be my lifeline next week, gettin nervous......;^)

26-Jun-18
I've been traveling and just got around to watching it last night with the kids. It's real hunting. It's got to be tough filming yourself on a solo hunt off of the ground. It's also appropriate for G audiences and I'll be circulating it around to a bunch of kids.

Mike, my 11 year old daughter wants to know, "what are those pom-pom things on his string?"

26-Jun-18
Stick N String - I received the order on Sat. the 23rd and I mailed via USPS Priority Mail on Monday. You should get it tomorrow. I send all books priority and all DVD first class mail. IdyllwildArcher - tell her yep those pom-poms are wool strings pulled apart help keep my string quite so animal is not spooked and in case I need a second shot. Ha Ha Ha. They were really watching. If they want to read an article about the last hunt, you can check out the Aug/Sept 2018 issue of Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. The article is titled "Tested in Alaska." I will be at Eastern Traditional Archery Rendezvous at Denton Hill in Pennsylvania July 27-29 with Barry Wensel and we will both have our new DVDs for sale. Mike

26-Jun-18
Awesome. Thanks mike

14-Jul-18

Herdbull's Link
I will have Chasing Solitude available at ETAR in Denton Hill, PA in the vendors tent. Barry Wensel will seminar about some of his whitetail hunting secrets. Mike http://archeryfestivals.com/etar/

15-Jul-18
I got the BluRay. Dvd is awesome as expected!

16-Jul-18

Herdbull's Link
I was recently interview by Steve and Nick from Traditional Outdoors and it was posted on their podcast as episode #18. We discuss my solo hunting experiences, my relationship with Brothers of the Bow, and the making of "Chasing Solitude." Please check it out and share link with your friends. Mike https://www.traditionaloutdoors.com/

02-Sep-18

Herdbull's Link
For those who don't have a DVD or disc player, I now have "Chasing Solitude" available as a digital download and can be purchased on my website. It usually takes about ten minutes to download. Good luck this fall hunting season. Mike

• Sitka Gear