Duke 14-Dec-18
RD in WI 14-Dec-18
Errorhead 14-Dec-18
Castle Oak 14-Dec-18
carcus 15-Dec-18
04-Jun-18
Off or on? And why?

04-Jun-18
Always on. My bow is an extension of my body, and I don't want to alter anything. 3D shoots included.

I shoot the way I hunt.

04-Jun-18
^^^^ What He Said ^^^^

04-Jun-18
It’s alway on my hunting bow, for the reason elkmtngear gave. I want the feel to be EXACTLY the same for that one shot at an animal...just as it’s been for those thousands of practice shots in preparation for that one shot.

04-Jun-18
Always on. Always the same.

04-Jun-18
I started always on and prefer it for the same reasons stated above. I'll add, always on and always with 4 arrows in my 5 arrow tight spot. I use my hip quiver at practice but have 4 arrows in the quiver to simulate the exact situation I'll be in when I send the one arrow down range at crunch time.

04-Jun-18
For a Western hunt where I will be mobile and possibly making a quick shot, practice with and leave it on. For a hunt out of a stand where I sit and don't have to make any quick stalks, take it off to reduce noise. I believe in practicing the way you intend to hunt.

That being said, if I am training for a Western hunt, I will shoot my bow with all the arrows in it and use a hip quiver to hold the practice arrows. If practicing for stand hunting, no quiver and just use the hip quiver at the range. My Tight Spot is easy to take on and off for the range or in the stand.

04-Jun-18
For spot and stalk or when dogging an elk herd a bowquiver is the only way to go. For treestand or groundblind use it makes sense to be able to remove your quiver.

04-Jun-18
I do the same as Brotsky. I practice with a pocket quiver and have 4 arrows in my bowquiver.

04-Jun-18
I tend to always have mine on the bow whether I'm in a tree stand or still hunting. Just feels more comfortable.

04-Jun-18
Always off. I never shoot with it on. As soon as I'm set up the quiver is off.

Tree stand or hunting from the ground quiver is off when I come to full draw.

04-Jun-18
off

04-Jun-18
Bow quiver feels like an additional 10 lbs hanging off the bow to me.

04-Jun-18
Do any of you guys use a side rod stabilizer to offset the quiver weight for balance?

04-Jun-18
Busta, I use the Bee Stinger kit. It allows me to perfectly balance my bow front to back, side to side.

04-Jun-18
On with arrows removed when on stand. Use a four arrow quiver

04-Jun-18
Like most of the others. On all the time. I use a tight spot slid in as close to center as I can get it.

04-Jun-18
I shoot with it on.

04-Jun-18
Busta: On my setup with 2 piece quiver adjusted as close to riser as possible yet still clear the rest, sight, etc. with arrows I don't need to add weight to the side for balance. But if it was off balance I would certainly do so.

04-Jun-18
I use a 4-arrow, 2-piece bow quiver and never take it off. Like Brotsky, the number one position is empty when I practice. I usually use a hip quiver for practice, but I also sometimes shoot out of the bow quiver. I can't detect any difference from 3 on the bow or none. A good 2-piece quiver can be set very close to the center of gravity - both side-to-side, and unlike the Tight Spot, fore and aft. They are also quieter and more secure than a one piece.

04-Jun-18
Always on - like others I practice with it loaded with arrows minus one.

04-Jun-18
Always on....should I need a follow up less movement to do so

04-Jun-18
Same as Brosky, mine only comes off when it needs to go in a case, tightspots r awesome

04-Jun-18

HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo
"A good 2-piece quiver can be set very close to the center of gravity - both side-to-side, and unlike the Tight Spot, fore and aft. They are also quieter and more secure than a one piece."

Not true about the Tight Spot. If set up right, it hugs close, is secure, and quiet because of no vibration. A two piece just sits in line with the riser but doesn't mean it balances better.

04-Jun-18
Agree HDE. Well said

04-Jun-18
Used to always shoot/hunt with it off. However, i bought a hoyt carbon spyder last year and after getting set up as i normally did, i shot at a squirrel walking out of the woods one day, left the quiver on and i was able to hold steadier. Ive struggled a bit holding dead steady with the lighter bow and turns out, the quiver goes a long way to giving the weight needed to help iron that out. Having said that, if im going to hunt with it on, i need a new one because my old kwikee quiver is fierce noisy. Look at the tight spot prices tho and my hind end tightens up a bit....

04-Jun-18
I can't remember the last time I shot without the quiver on.

04-Jun-18
Always on and, like Brotsky and others, practice with one out of the quiver. Personally, I like a 2 piece, 5 arrow quiver.

05-Jun-18
Off. Practice with it off,so l hunt with it off. Bow is lighter and l use all white feathers. I'm sure deer will pick up the movement.

05-Jun-18
Off but I end up shooting numerous pigs with it on every year.

05-Jun-18
Used to shoot with it on. Don't spot and stalk that much any more.

Now I use the Kwikee quiver adapter for screwing into the tree, make bow lighter to hold as when I am on stand nearly always have it in my hand (been burned way to many times)..

05-Jun-18
I have used a Tight Spot and a 2 piece Hoyt Arrow Rack. I customized the posts by cutting them down with a hacksaw. The Hoyt Arrow Rack is considerably tighter and more balanced on my bow. This makes it quieter.

I plan to use the Arrow Rack when hunting elk and mule deer. Then using the Tight Spot when sitting in a tree for whitetails (so I can hang the quiver on the tree).

05-Jun-18
These are the quivers I currently own. Tight spots, Quiverlizer, Two Piece Elite Quivers Both 4 and six arrows.

For a traditional mounted vertical quiver I think a tight to the bow riser mounted two piece quiver is the best functioning design if your leaving the quiver in place all the time. Sits close to the the bow, it’s solid well proportioned on the riser. Tight spots are the best alternative if you need a removable quiver. I don’t remove my quiver when I shoot.

I could make an argument for the quiverlizer on a dedicated spot and stalk rig as well.

05-Jun-18
I tried the quivalizer and couldn't get past the necessary noise when switching the quiver's location. There are major advantages to it but it wasn't for me. Agree that for a dedicated spot and stalk rig it could be useful.

05-Jun-18
On. Because with it off I would have to add weigh to my bow, and if I add weight to my bow then put a quiver full of arrows back on it is ridiculous to carry. Also because the quiver system I run makes my bow significantly quieter, with less vibration.

05-Jun-18
I prefer off. Always off in the treestand as it get in the way of taking shots behind the tree. Most of the time I practice with it on though, for elk hunting you need to be able to shoot with the quiver.

05-Jun-18
Always on while hunting. Always. Have only taken off my Tightspot to shoot indoor 3D tournaments. Why, because last year I was the ONE guy in the hundreds that shot that had one on! So, I blended in with the crowd this year. And at the 3-Spot tournament.

Have shot outdoor 3D this year, quiver on. Period.....

05-Jun-18
Being that I mostly deer hunt from a stand, my quiver is off. I screw it to the tree so my right hand can grab another arrow without looking. I have found for me this creates less movement than trying to remove an arrow from a quiver attached to my bow. I keep my arm tight to my body as I reach for an arrow.

Practice without quiver attached as well. This is what works for me.

06-Jun-18
Same as Brotsky and others. My Tight-spot is always on, with 4 arrows in it. I shoot 3-Ds with it on also. Th only time it comes off is if I'm shooting at an animal in wind. I find the quiver acts as a sail then.

06-Jun-18
Last year I bought a Catquiver Mini and attached it to my back pack. First test was a elk hunt to New Mexico. It worked great. Then I used it at home tree stand hunting for whitetails. I will be selling my bow quivers at a rummage sale this year.

06-Jun-18
Off. 99% of my hunting is done from tree stands. Much easier to rest the bow on my lap.

12-Dec-18
So for about past 10 years I’ve used a 2 piece quiver. On all the time. I have found 2 pieces to be light and to be quieter than 1 pieces (even tight spots). I like the ease of the arrows being right there.

With that said this year I decided to go 1 piece for a sheep hunt. My thoughts were to take it off for shooting in the wind.

So I had a quiver Mount on my belt and I can take the quiver off before I’m gonna shoot and Mount the quiver on the belt. So the arrows are still with me even thou they aren’t on the bow.

I’m liking shooting without a quiver. But there is some extra movement and pain with taking a quiver off etc

Having a hard time deciding if I want to go back to a 2 piece or go with this 1 piece system.

12-Dec-18
on. It has no measureable impact on how my bow shoots.

12-Dec-18
I practice with it on, and have not killed an animal in 42 years of bowhunting without it on my bow. Why, because I like the additional arrows close by.

12-Dec-18
Always on. I've killed a few animals with a second shot after missing with the first and I've shot a few a second time after hitting them with the first arrow. Each time it was very quick and convenient to have the arrows right there in my bow quiver.

I always get a kick out of Will Primos on some of his elk hunts... "where's my quiver?!... somebody grab my quiver!"

12-Dec-18
Always off in the stand. Don't have to worry about the nocks or fletching hitting the stand. Quiver hood can create more noise, even a good quiver. To me the good outweighs the bad if you shoot with it off, but to each his/her own.

12-Dec-18
Always on. Western hunter not shooting out of tree or blind. Keep it loaded minus 1

12-Dec-18
Always on when I had the 2 pc Hoyt.....now I have these smaller quivers and the fletch end of the arrows slap together on the shot, so now it`s off. Would like to get a new quiver but not for $150....lol

Might look into that 2 pc Elite that "Trial" mentioned....hope they are still making them.

13-Dec-18
Always on, not even a question.

13-Dec-18
I tune with it off. I’m I. A tree and it just gets in the way maneuvering it. I shoot with it on sometimes for practice and my POI is nearly the same to 50 yards. Sometimes I kill deer going in or out. When I go out west, I make sure my tune is perfect with it on because I’m going to be moving around a lot.

13-Dec-18
As a treestand hunter 95% of the time my answer is simple. ALWAYS ON! Once I went 2 pc I never looked back. My bow is super quiet and well balanced on my elite victory 37. I use a 4 arrow quiver and it is adjusted so tight to the bow I put mole skin on my rest attachment bracket so the arrow almost touching it Can t make noise. Follow up shots if needed are quick and easy. Unlike the 1st 15 years of my career. With a quiver hanging on a limb .

13-Dec-18
ON!

13-Dec-18
Hunting, 3D shoots, whatever...it's always on.

13-Dec-18
Converted to a tenzing sling pack that has a very handy quiver attachment right where it needs to be. I can grab an arrow without even looking. I hunt from the ground 90% of the time and like to lay bow across my lap with left hand on grip--quiver on just doesn't work well for me.

13-Dec-18
I always take mine off in the stand. If I am spot and stalk I leave it on. I practice shooting with it on and off depending what kind of hunting I have coming up.

13-Dec-18
I used to take my quiver off once in my stand but, no longer I just leave it on the bow. Just one more (or less) thing to do, I guess. I practice all year with it on and full of arrows.

13-Dec-18
Always on. A good solid two piece tight to the bow. But there are some quivers out there that I understand why a person wouldn't want to shoot with them on......

13-Dec-18
For hunting it's always on for me. I just can't imagine hunting with a revolver and only putting one in the cylinder and lining up the other 5 cartridges on a limb nearby.

14-Dec-18
Always off here. I have never shot an animal with it on that I can recall. I practice with it off and just find that with it on it adds more cumbersome and less maneuverability in taking a shot in the heat of the moment. I always have a second arrow ready for that second shot and have to do it twice with no issue on either, one being a clean miss on a chasing buck and the other being placing a second arrow in one... Not saying it’s right, but just what I’ve been doing for 32 seasons and hopefully will do for another 32 plus, God willing!

14-Dec-18
I shoot without a quiver on my bow as I hunt with a hip quiver. When I am stillhunting or stalking, I take an arrow from the quiver when a shot opportunity arises. When on stand, I strap the quiver to the tree using the same strap that affixes it to my waist. I shoot an old Mathews Drenalin LD that is heavy enough without a quiver full of arrows. Great bow though.

14-Dec-18
Off, I plain shoot better with it off. I do practice with it on, but it comes off as soon as I get in the tree. I have extra quiver mounts already mounted at my stand locations, takes seconds to slide it on the tree mount.

14-Dec-18
I love shooting without the quiver and I treestand whitetails without the quiver. But, when I'm in the elk woods I use a Kwikee 3 arrow. It's light, compact and sits close to the bow. And since I love having lots of ammo, I carry some extras in a quiver attached to my backpack.

15-Dec-18
Always on, if I were into shooting paper I would take it off

• Sitka Gear