Oryx35 05-Jun-18
IdyllwildArcher 05-Jun-18
Beendare 05-Jun-18
mrelite 05-Jun-18
PJ ELK 05-Jun-18
smarba 06-Jun-18
splitlimb13 06-Jun-18
05-Jun-18
I was lucky enough to draw the first archery hunt.Unfotunatly it looks like record drought . If any one is willing to help out with areas to check out ,Any areas that have springs, As waterholes may dry up if we don't get a good monsoon.PMs preferred . Also have hunted 2b,51,52,and 45 in the past and willing to trade info.Thanks

05-Jun-18
A drought could not dry up my enthusiasm for a 16D elk tag!

05-Jun-18
Based on current forecasts I'd be surprised if the tanks aren't full by hunting season.

05-Jun-18
If I were you, in order to do this tag justice, I'd get there plenty early and be all set up so you know where multiple tanks are and be set up on them if that's the route you're going to go.

05-Jun-18
I would agree with Ike.

I hunted that unit many years ago....fantastic unit....with legit Booners. Get in there early and burn some boot leather.

05-Jun-18

mrelite's Link

The Buzzard fire is doing a number on the unit, 39,000 acres and not even 50% contained.

05-Jun-18
Yes it is started by an abandoned campfire

06-Jun-18
An abandoned ILLEGAL campfire, as all of the Forests in NM have had fire restrictions due to drought conditions.

06-Jun-18
From what I understand we are supposed to have a wet summer starting soon. No matter the circumstances I'd be more than happy with a 16d tag.

• Sitka Gear