COHOYTHUNTER 05-Jun-18
LKH 05-Jun-18
Predeter 05-Jun-18
Vids 05-Jun-18
mgmicky 05-Jun-18
Wapiti Chaser 05-Jun-18
mgmicky 05-Jun-18
05-Jun-18
This morning I received a receipt from CO showing I had been awarded my elk pref but credit card didn't work. I also got a receipt showing my elk pref point was awarded and my credit card had been charged successfully.

Problem is my pref points haven't increased. Call to CO was long and unproductive. She couldn't even get into much of the system.

Plan to wait a few days and try again.

She did tell me I had been charged for my deer tag but I still show preference points.

05-Jun-18
I got 2 separate emails this morning showing I got 2 separate elk pref points...

05-Jun-18
Had a similar problem. Went on website as instructed to draw tab and found a notice that my deer application needed to be purchased. I clicked that and got to credit card page. Interestingly, my expiration date on credit card was incorrect so I changed that and now things seem ok. The funny part is my elk app had already processed for a pref point. Agree, something is goofy.

05-Jun-18
I posted a similar story on one of the other CO draw threads. Yep, something goofy's going on with CO DOW. I might just lay low for a day or two to see if they straighten out the mess.

05-Jun-18
Same here on the conflicting emails about elk pp. Also no word on deer pp.

05-Jun-18
I got two emails with different receipt #'s but CC was only charged once. Haven't looked at my PPs yet maybe I got two!

05-Jun-18
After ten minutes of voice mail hell I finally got in touch with a human. Trouble is, she was clueless and also couldn't care less. All she could do was tell me to "call back later" even though she didn't even know the problem I was trying to explain to her.

05-Jun-18
I had some of the same confusion - I applied for PP. I got one email - "You were awarded a PP" and charged $3. The next email - much of the same, PLUS, "You were charged $46, for an OTC tag, per your "if unsuccessful" choice.

05-Jun-18
Same problem here. I was awarded and charged for an elk preference point in 1 email. Another email with a different receipt number says my card was declined but lists the same hunt code for my elk preference point. I signed onto the system and it shows that I need to pay for a deer preference point. Tried to call but only got a busy signal; that's when I jumped onto Bowsite thinking someone else may have had the problem. I'm going to give it a couple days before I do anything.

05-Jun-18
Misery enjoys company. Same problem here with my elk PP application. Credit card was good enough for application fee in April, but now doesn't work. (Card expires in 2020)

05-Jun-18
My son applied for an elk preference point. He got two different number receipts saying his credit card was charged $40. Both emails were identical except for the receipt #. Don't know yet if they really charged the Credit Card twice.

05-Jun-18
I was charged for a PP but it doesn't show up in my account. Just the imported PP from last year. Wonder how long before it shows up or if it will.....

05-Jun-18
Ok.. its apparent the 3rd party draw system is not 'communicating' with the CPW site and updating preference points. So, if your credit card was hit for a charge and you received an email stating you were successful, then you drew.. if those things didn't happen, then you didn't draw. My card was hit for elk, I received an email stating I was successful, my elk tag is now showing on my "active" list, but my points are still the same. I am sure the points will update within a few days.

05-Jun-18
From what I'm also reading on other websites it sounds like their system is totally screwed up so bad that it will be lucky if they can ever straighten it out. Their programmer(s) or whomever their subcontracted the work out to must have really not known what they were doing from all the different screwups people are having happen!

05-Jun-18
I posted this on the results page too. This should be interesting. I feel bad for people banking on drawing a tag this year. Hopefully it gets worked out.

I had the same double email. The first email said successful payment and the second email said that the payment was not successful. I was only applying for a PP.

They just sent a third email saying that the unsuccessful payment email was sent in error.

They seem to be working out some glitches.

05-Jun-18
It seems from everything I'm reading, the issues all seem to be payment related. I think as long as the tag shows up in your current season active list, your good to go. So I don't think the draw itself is goofed I think it's the payment platform they are using..

05-Jun-18
Same here, figure I’ll just lay low for a day or two and let them try to figure it out before I go poking around.

—jim

05-Jun-18
Unsuccessful Elk draw, says I purchased 1 PP, checked credit card - no hit, checked PP still shows zero PP's.

05-Jun-18

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Just got this e-mail.

05-Jun-18
I didn't draw 76 archery with 7 points, and didn't get a point. Glad I'm not the only one who's scratching their head.

05-Jun-18
After not drawing first choice Elk, my points have now been updated by (+1).

05-Jun-18
Charged my card for elk point but no point added. My buddy got the unsuccessful email but charged full amount for elk . Who knows

05-Jun-18
The same thing happened for the Turkey draw. You would think they should have fixed it by now. It's been months. Ken

05-Jun-18
Wapiti Chaser.. Are either you or your buddy showing an elk tag under your 'Active' list on your CPW profile?

05-Jun-18
Hell we may double our points with the new more efficient system!

05-Jun-18
I’m not I will find out about his tomorrow when we talk again.

05-Jun-18
I don’t see any wrong with me. I got email awarded Elk tag. My credit card charges $661, My elk tag Active, my references point Zero.

05-Jun-18
My points just updated.

05-Jun-18
my elk points now show zero

05-Jun-18
My elk and goat points finally updated. Curiously I still have no results for deer.

05-Jun-18
Based on the draw recap I should have drawn my first choice deer, several people draw it as a 2nd choice. My card has not been hit, I've not gotten any emails, and the website still just lists "Entered" for deer. I don't know what's going on but it's making me worry.

05-Jun-18
My elk and deer applications are now showing active on my products page..

05-Jun-18
My deer just came up successful but they haven't taken my pref points yet and my elk pp finally showed up. 20. Just about a useless number.

05-Jun-18
Deer application now shows "Accepted". Thinking that's good?!

05-Jun-18
Everything is working fine for me (aside from the fact that I haven't drawn anything!!)

Received elk and deer emails, everything on the website is updated except my deer points but I assume that's coming soon.

05-Jun-18
This is my first time applying for a draw andI have a dumb east coast newbie question. I got charged $43 for a deer tag-does this mean I drew the tag? It doesn’t show anything except the charge...

05-Jun-18
$43.00 nonresident is point only no tag

05-Jun-18
Ugh I was afraid of that, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully my OTC elk first time will be more successful!

• Sitka Gear