Ripcord Arrow Rests
Woodsman Climber by Muddy
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
JTV 07-Jun-18
07-Jun-18
I have the Muddy Stalker, got it late last season, it has the cables instead of the chains, chain are the newer version.. I'd rather have the cables .... I have yet to hunt out of it ...I put the Thirdhand Stabilizer straps on it which is a must for climbers IMO, and have the just Shoulder Straps for it for now... the idea I want to try, is to wear my Fanny Pack and wear the climber OVER it, to take weight off the Climber and my shoulders ...

I have the TSS system on my LW/Sticks and the only way I can use it because of the belt, is to strap the fanny pack on to it, along with additional gear... well, that takes the weight to 40ish lbs (+-)... if I dont strap the fanny pack to the Climber, I'm saving about 8-10 lbs on my back by wearing the fanny ... (weight distribution is different)

so, anyways, Ive only used the Stalker on a neighbors tree, not in a hunting situation yet... it seemed easy enough to climb with, and as a Stand only with only the shoulder straps comes in at 21 lbs ..... Ive thought about getting the XOP Support System for it, they bought out Game Plan Gear and the TSS, but then I'd have to strap the fanny pack on to it, and up goes the weight again..... I'll make my decision before season, I'll still use the LW/sticks with the TSS because I can go up more trees than the climber, but when I have the one perfect location, I want to use the climber ...

• Sitka Gear