Dikndirt 12-Jun-18
TreeWalker 12-Jun-18
Tjw 12-Jun-18
Conch 13-Jun-18
Tjw 13-Jun-18
Conch 14-Jun-18
Tjw 14-Jun-18
09-Jun-18
Does Utah Have any antelope units that offer a reasonable chance at a decent buck in the 15 " plus range?

09-Jun-18
Yes

10-Jun-18
Your problem is the draws are over for 2018, so you will have to wait until 2019 for a chance at a loper tag.

12-Jun-18
I already have a tag in hand. I'm considering returning it and waiting a few more years for something better. My unit isn't always producing great bucks, however, it is an antelope and does it really matter?

12-Jun-18
β€œIt is an antelope and does it really matter?”

It will only matter to you! Not sure what you are looking for or prior experience but everyone is at a different point in life. If you are concerned about impressing others with a monster lope you better hold out for a 90” incher!

12-Jun-18
Conch, Almost every unit in Utah has at least a couple of bucks in the 15" range. If you are coming in green and are doing it yourself you may not have a reasonable chance to kill one of them. What unit did you draw? maybe I could give you a little help...I am a Utah resident and know a little about almost every unit

12-Jun-18
Do you ever hunt in WY? You could likely draw 10 tags in WY where are 80" pronghorn bucks before you could draw 2 in UT. My advice, hunt anytime you can. You have a tag in hand. You can hunt. Never know about the future. Could draw a better tag but be a year with poor moisture or a land closure due to fire during your season or federal worker strike preventing access to some of the public land. UT might take more tags for another convention or cut the allocation for non-residents. UT could sharply raise fees to apply or the 365 day license cost or increase the tag cost or revert where you have to pick one species as apply. Never know. Bird in the hand yada yada.

12-Jun-18
What unit?

13-Jun-18
John's Valley/Paunsagaunt. I like the hunt when you can thought. Hell... the way Utah gobbles up tags for the wealthy, this could be it for me. I'm approaching sixty. Thanks for the reply's.

13-Jun-18

Tjw's embedded Photo
Tjw's embedded Photo
Here one I got three years ago. Right at 15. I feel it was very easy hunt.

14-Jun-18
Very nice buck there. That would do fine!

14-Jun-18
I have bull tag and will be down there alot. If u do go and would like some help i will have alot of eyes down there. Good luck Tjw

• Sitka Gear