luckydraw 13-Jun-18
Shug 13-Jun-18
Shug 13-Jun-18
luckydraw 13-Jun-18
Shug 13-Jun-18
10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo
Here are some trail camera pictures of some New Jersey Bears from the last month

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo
what is your ballpark opinion on skull size?

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18

BHC's embedded Photo
BHC's embedded Photo

10-Jun-18
Who would guess that dirty Pampers and moldy pizza crusts, mined from trash cans, would grow bears of the size of that first rascal?!!!

10-Jun-18
Wow, that first beer is a tank.

11-Jun-18
Bada BOOM

11-Jun-18
Pushing 19”

11-Jun-18
BIG

11-Jun-18
Pete: That and the Worlds best Genetics from NE Pennsylvania create these True giants.

50% of the top 100 B&C Black Bear entries the last 10 years have come from Pa and Wi.

11-Jun-18
Charlie: Our Alaska bears are in the den for 6 or 7 months a year, rather than putting on weight/size! We only occasionally get a 19-21" bear. And we have no idea what they weigh because we are too smart to carry them out in one piece!

All that said, while I own property in both states, I'd much rather hunt here in AK than back there in the "old country" where there are more and bigger bears.

Pete

11-Jun-18
that first one is a brute, I just learned the other day from a hunting buddy of mine from NJ that you can bait bear there, but on private land only. I was surprised they allow it there.

11-Jun-18
you can bait on public lands as well, but if the public land is federal land then NO BAITING ALLOWED

12-Jun-18
There are few pieces of State land dropped into the middle of The Delaware national recreation area where baiting is ok if anyone is looking... Walpack management area Flatbrook Roy etc....

13-Jun-18
Very limited public land areas where bear hunting is allowed. Usually gets very very crowded and bait piles have lots of competition. Can be a frustrating hunt .

13-Jun-18
Lucky Draw I didn’t find that at all ... in fact it seemed as if there were even less guys last Archery season as opposed to the first.

As for limited public land actually for its size NJ has a ridiculous amount of public use land.

Good luck any guys heading over to NJ

13-Jun-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
While every county in the state has had bears in it the hunt is limited to the Northern region (roughly pictured)

All the green sections are public land some will get high pressure some will get very very little pressure . The long green strip in the NW part is mostly federal but lots of state WMA as well as State Forest lay in there making it that much better

13-Jun-18
Hey Shug - good that you found some state land that was not to crowded. I'd keep that a secret for sure. We have been hunting very NW courner for 30 plus years.. The bear hunting pressure has increased dramatically over the past few years. Still a fun hunt for deer and bear but can be very frustrating with all the bait piles that pop up right before the season. It's more of a family reunion hunt for us every year. Good luck and Enjoy

13-Jun-18
Ty .. you as well

• Sitka Gear