Ucsdryder 13-Jun-18
Teeton 13-Jun-18
backcountrymuzzy 13-Jun-18
Jaquomo 13-Jun-18
splitlimb13 13-Jun-18
APauls 13-Jun-18
t-roy 13-Jun-18
12-Jun-18
So what are you guys using to view your SD cards, I had a Moultrie viewer but it didn't last long so I was thinking of getting a card reader that plugs into the phone and just use the phone as the viewer, any suggestions or thoughts on what works and what doesn't work?

12-Jun-18
I carried in a laptop last year. Served 2 purposes...view cards and download and clear cards so I don’t have to swap them out.

13-Jun-18
I always have my Canon or Nikon with me and can view them from that...

13-Jun-18
A small digital camera works fine.

13-Jun-18
You can get a reader that plugs into your iPhone for like $15, and it weighs about the same as 2-3 SD cards

13-Jun-18
I carry an iPad mini and download the pics to it. It can also erase the card or leave the pics on it as desired.

13-Jun-18
I've used small cameras and digital viewers that plug into my iPhone but I usually carry and swap SD cards. I try to limit time at my camera locations and swapping cards is the fastest.

13-Jun-18
I have a portable power bank that doubles as a card reader. You connect to its WiFi signal to view and save/delete pics, and I can get 60-80% charge off of it depending on temp normally. Obviously a plug and play reader would be most simple but this thing is pretty handy. Don’t mess with trail cams much these days, but try to take a fair amount of pics on my little dslr. Fun to thumb through and edit during down time and the charge feature comes in handy if I’m running OnX a bunch or away from the pickup for a few days. Believe it’s made by Kingston.

13-Jun-18
I carry my iphone and the lightning SD card adapter. This is a very simple, fast and lightweight solution. I load all the pics to my phone and delete them from the card before replacing. Takes just a minute. If I want to view in the field I can but usually wait until I’m back home and have better lighting to do a detailed review of pics. I run a dozen cameras on 2 different farms and generally have a few thousand pics to view each week. My phone is 64 GB and handles the pics easily. Mike

13-Jun-18
I have a card reading that plugs into my iphone, only downside is I have to remove my case to use it.

13-Jun-18
I also carry my iPad and card reader. I can see more detail and I’m carrying a pack anyway.

13-Jun-18
I just use my camera if I decide to pack it.

13-Jun-18
I carry my iphone and the lightning SD card adapter. This is a very simple, fast and lightweight solution. I load all the pics to my phone and delete them from the card before replacing. Takes just a minute. If I want to view in the field I can but usually wait until I’m back home and have better lighting to do a detailed review of pics. I run a dozen cameras on 2 different farms and generally have a few thousand pics to view each week. My phone is 64 GB and handles the pics easily. Mike

13-Jun-18
I just swap the cards out and then view and file them at home on my laptop.

13-Jun-18
Eddie, how do you view them on your laptop? I insert my SD card in the slot on my laptop but can't get anything to come up. Note , I am not very techy!

13-Jun-18
Card reader for your iPhone. Done deal. Light, easy. No need to carry a computer to the field!

13-Jun-18
I got two cables that plug into a multi-slot/size SD reader - total cost about $15. Plugs into my phone, I swap cards, and view them in the treestand, or back in the car.

13-Jun-18
Bone view!!! Look it up

13-Jun-18
I saw at Walmart that there is a card reader that plugs into your phone for about 20 bucks. Is it worth getting one.

13-Jun-18
I want to use a card reader for sure but the reviews are all over the place, anyone using an android phone? what brand or type has worked, it seems that many card readers work once and then stop working which kind of sounds like the people aren't doing something right with files.

I like the idea of swapping the cards out and reading them at camp although I'll have to glance at them incase I need to move the camera to a different location!

13-Jun-18
I use an iPhone with lightning card reader. Works great, cheap and no need to carry an additional camera or laptop.

One bit of advice - Make sure you download the app to view the pics before going into the field. I figured out that I hadn't downloaded it while sitting in my treestand in IL last year, and had no cell signal.

13-Jun-18
Another vote for the lightning card reader and my Iphone.

13-Jun-18
Ipad with card reader for me.

13-Jun-18

splitlimb13's Link
Been using this for two years ,have never had an issue, you can download and share images from your phone on the spot it's awesome.

13-Jun-18
Lol , I wouldn't do that to you brother.

13-Jun-18
I pop them into my digital camera

13-Jun-18
In a pinch or when I don't have the luxury of carrying extra weight I'll use my digital camera. Rather than bother to zoom digitally on the viewscreen I'll often use my binoculars backwards because at very close range they act as a magnifying glass (handy for splinters or other uses too BTW).

When I have the luxury I'll use a laptop. Next step is tablet. I tried a unit that plugged into phone and found it to be so slow it wasn't even feasible. I tried the Boneview and at the time it used a 3rd party photo viewer app that I wasn't impressed with. Maybe it's better now.

13-Jun-18
Thanks Split, got one on it's way!

13-Jun-18
Smarba, Thats a great idea for the binos!

13-Jun-18
I always swap cards and view on my P.C.;you would be surprised what you miss on the small screens.

13-Jun-18
Wildan I always swap cards too, but when in the field trying to get real-time information, sometimes it makes sense to view with whatever tools you have at hand.

13-Jun-18
No prob guys, Carl's speaking the truth,hard to pack in a PC 12 miles on a mule . ??

13-Jun-18
I have a droid, mine works fine, but I have a multi-slot SD reader, the cable had to match the input on the Galaxy phone, other end/SD reader is straight USB

13-Jun-18
I don’t like the swap idea because you don’t find out until you get hike if the camera is in a crappy spot.

13-Jun-18
I got a card reader for my droid phone for I think 9.95 it's been good for going on 3 years not. Mine's a Multi-slot just like Bob's..

13-Jun-18
I bring a small digital camera like a Nikon Coolpix or similar. I like to swap the cards out and then go find a cool spot to sit and look through the pics. The small digital camera works well for pictures but doesn't work for viewing videos in my experience

13-Jun-18
Stealth reader with all my android devices. I have GAIA on the little LG tablet that's with me all the time so I just swap camera cards and sit in the shade to review and edit photos.

13-Jun-18
Jaquomo , Does the stealth reader work if the game cam you use isn't a stealth cam?

13-Jun-18
my card reader for my iPhone only lets me download the pics, and then if you do a few cameras worth they are essentially impossible to organize onto a computer on the other end, so not such a fan of that right now.

13-Jun-18
Check out Huntersmate Gen2 viewer. About the size of a IPad. Works great for me.

• Sitka Gear