HDE 14-Jun-18
Charlie Rehor 14-Jun-18
wyliecoyote 14-Jun-18
Buffalo1 14-Jun-18
bighorn 14-Jun-18
Zebrakiller 15-Jun-18
Zebrakiller 15-Jun-18
14-Jun-18
With almost 63 yr old eyes and wearing glasses, I find my .029 fiber optic HHA sight pin is blurry . Will the .019 make much difference ? There is some great info on here from some of you guys and I want to be sure of almost sure , that it would help before buying new sight . I practice to 40 yards but keep my whitetail shooting , to under 30 yards . i know my limitations . Thank you in advance for your input.

14-Jun-18
Ogoki, generally the smaller you go the harder they will be to see. I think going with a smaller pin will only make your problem worse. Maybe try a verifier or lens?

14-Jun-18
I'm 65 and have to use all 0.019" pins on my Black Gold Slider. I tried a couple of 0.010" pins but they were too small for me to see very well.

14-Jun-18
I doubt you’ll see much/any improvement simply by changing pin size. As Brotsky says, it very well could make things worse. I’d recommend a couple things. First, if any of your pins are red, get rid of them. Green and yellow are much better for aging eyes. Secondly, you might want to try a verifier peep. The corrective lenses are interchangeable in the peep housing. Once I found the correct lens for me, my pins were crystal clear. Thankfully, since I had my cataracts removed and had astigmatism correction, I no longer need one, but it certainly helped clear things up for a couple years.

14-Jun-18
Yes the .019 will have an affect- it will be harder to see than a .029.

Last yr in African I had 2 bows with me. One had a .019 pin and the other a .029. After 3 days, moved from the .019 to the .029 because of problems seeing pin. I have no plans of ever returning to a .019 pin.

My eyes are 70.5 yrs old and I use a HHA single slider sight.

14-Jun-18
I switched to a blue fiber optic for my sight and like it much better.

14-Jun-18
Use a green pin as this color distorts the least. Red is the worst so avoid that color. Yellow is in the middle. I use green,yellow, green on my 3 pin Black Gold slider. 65 year old eyes and wisdom provided by our resident Optometrist Genesis! Good luck. C

14-Jun-18
At 75, if it wasn't for the verifier, I would be shooting a recurve instinctive again (some would say that is a GOOD thing!!)….I know this makes no sense, but with the verifier...my pins and the target are both in focus...I love it !!

Joe

14-Jun-18
I might also add I have a 4x magnification lens on my HHA sight. This is a major plus in seeing.

14-Jun-18
The verifier like the other fellas said should sole your problem. Helped mine, have to get the right power.

15-Jun-18

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
I just switched to MBG 3 pin slider with .29 and I love it I bought 3 other sights that looked good till on bow and shooting them and I couldn't shoot them good, now with MBG im grouping 4 inch groups at 80 yards

15-Jun-18

• Sitka Gear