SBH 19-Jun-18
Brotsky 20-Jun-18
Bullhound 20-Jun-18
HDE 20-Jun-18
wyobullshooter 20-Jun-18
WV Mountaineer 20-Jun-18
HDE 20-Jun-18
15-Jun-18
Multi just had this issue on a spot and stalk buffalo hunt, when animal is in under 40 you can't move to move pin just be ready to shoot seems over 40 you have time. Under 40 most hunters can quess shot distance petty close so if animal move after you draw you still have pins to adjust to, hope this makes sense

15-Jun-18
I do a single pin slider for deer, and a 5-pin fixed for elk and antelope. Basically, I have lots of time for deer if I have to make an adjustment, plus 90% of my shots are inside of 30 yards as I'm stand hunting. For antelope, a single pin slider has been a nightmare of ranging, adjusting, ranging, adjusting. My eyes are bad enough that I need glasses to adjust the sight lol. I fixed solves all this.

15-Jun-18
When I am out hunting, there may be no time to range an animal let alone time to adjust your sight. I use a 5 pin sight and I practice to know the yardage I am shooting. My sight is a MBG slider. The reason I own the slider is I can practice at longer distance and make those 60yd shots a slam dunk.

15-Jun-18
3-pin BG Ascent slider. Combine a short DL (26"), relatively heavy arrow, and shoulders that only allow 64# these days, and my trajectory is more than I care to deal with by using a single pin. 40 yds and in, I'm good to go. Anything over 40 I don't want to take a shot without ranging anyway. Since I've only taken 2 shots over 25ish yards in about 25yrs, the only time I've had to adjust my slider is for long range practice and 3D shoots.

15-Jun-18
I use the 3 pin MBG slider. 20,30 and 40 yard pins which covers 95% of my shots. Then I’ll use the slider for those one or two longer shots.

I use the single pin for Baited bears.

15-Jun-18
Single for sure! The clutter free sight window is superlative.

16-Jun-18
I use a single pin slider when I hunt elk its set at 35 yds most of the elk I kill are from 20 to 45 yds if I hold in the middle of the animal I make a kill shot. When I set water or hunt deer out of my stand I have every trail ranged so I can move my pin if I need to I also Shoot a MBG slider best sight I have ever had on my bow.

16-Jun-18
MBG single pin. I set it at 30yds and I'm good to go to 40yds. Like stated shoot and become familiar with it at the various yardages. Hasn't cost me an animal yet!

16-Jun-18
I like the single pin slider for three reasons.

First, the single pin provides a more open field of view. I'm not getting any younger and my eyes provide a constant reminder of that fact.

Second, and maybe most importantly, my single pin is ALWAYS centered in the sight aperture. With a multi pin sight, I have a tendency to occasionally center my aiming pin in the peep rather than centering the sight aperture. Don't realize I did it until after the shot....and when it happens, arrow placement is a dead giveaway.

Lastly, I used Trophy Ridge sights for years before switching to MBG....and I became accustomed to using a vertical pin....which is available in the single pin model.

16-Jun-18
HHA single pin slider for 6 or 7 years now. On my third bow. Wouldn't go back to multi pin. As others have said, be familiar with your bow and sight and little need to adjust pin in most hunting situations.

16-Jun-18
Black Gold 5-pin slider, all green and yellow pins @ 0.019” for older eyes. Excellent sight for me, long range practice plus typical hunting shots that are all within the fixed pin yardage.

16-Jun-18
I have two multiple pin sliders and a single pin. The single pin is my primary pig bow and my personal favorite. I shoot it better and it is presents a better sight picture. The only reason that I use the multiples for deer and elk is because elk are a once every 4 years event that I invest more time and money into and I am much less familiar with how they are going to come in. Whitetails are what I concentrate on specifically during the rut where the potential of bucks chasing a doe may present adjustment problems. However, two of my last three bucks were shot with the single pin and the third buck I could have easily adjusted the sight. Obviously, I am torn between the two types. I find that stalking pigs by far the hardest to make adjustments on but they are plentiful and easy to get onto so not a big deal.

16-Jun-18
3 fixed pins gets me to 50 yards. I will never miss an opportunity at a shot because I had to move my pin. Or I will never lose another arrow shooting from 20 yards because I forgot to change my pin from the 60 yards I shot last time.

16-Jun-18
Double pin slider kept at 50 yds all the time. 2nd pin ends up at 61. Anything under 43 yds I just aim 12" low and it'll end up in a 6" kill zone. Anything 45yds+ I won't shoot without ranging like others.

Last year I shot an elk at 20 and a deer at 60 and didn't have to touch the sight once with this set-up. It worked great.

16-Jun-18
Seems like there are alot of these threads up these days. I have tried a 1,3,5,&7. I hunt New Mexico every year I shoot a 7 deadly pin from spot hog, for 7 reasons... 30-90 yards. When you have a bulls running in, or a muley that knows something is up there's no time to be fumbling around with a single pin slider or no room for guessing where to put your single pin at different yardages. Every one has opinions,that's mine.

19-Jun-18
Both in one.... option archery sites. Loving mine so far!

19-Jun-18
3 pin slider. Best of both worlds. MBG is tough to beat.

19-Jun-18
Single pin. When I have multi pins I have the habit of "covering" the animal with the pins. Bad habit. I like the single as it is the "only" pin that I focus on. I usually have to set for the tree that I am in. Sometimes 20 yards and some trees at 30 yards. All depends on where the deer usually approach.

19-Jun-18
Why in the world do these sights cost so dang much? Seriously, $350-$400 for bow sights? These companies would do better of they priced their stuff more in ranges the common archer is willing to pay. SMH

19-Jun-18
For starters, a machinist that can program a CNC mill aren't cheap wage wise. And then there's the marketing manager, design engineer, CFO, COO, CEO to pay...

19-Jun-18
single pin slider for me. If I could handle 3 pins I would. My minds eye likes just one to focus on. I don't know why. Just works for me

20-Jun-18
MBG Ascent Verdict can be had for around $200....

20-Jun-18
MBG single pin slider for a number of years. For me, the sight picture being completely clear makes things way easier. While hunting elk or deer on the ground it is always set @ 30 yards. For turkeys and stand hunting, it is always on 20 yards.

I really don't know why it seems to be a big deal to so many guys if an animal is standing at 20 yards, you draw your bow, and the animal moves to 25 yards. You do the same thing whether you have multiple pins or just one. If you have multiple pins, you have to gap shoot between 20-30 yard pins. If you are have one pin (set at 20), you simply hold over a tiny bit. Same thing. You don't let down, re-range, or re'set your slider, you just take into account what happened and make the shot. If the animal moves more than 12-15 yards, you are guessing now anyway.

20-Jun-18
The difference with multi pins is that your gap is much less if your top pin is 30, the second pin is 40, and the animal moved to 45 or even 50. The margin of error is much less when guessing hold over.

20-Jun-18
Bullhound, I guess my response would be, I don’t know why so many guys make a big deal out of 3 pins. To me, it’s pretty simple. People use what they feel is best for them.

As I stated way back in the thread, I can’t simply “hold over a tiny bit”. Using my 30yd pin, which is what most set their single pin at, I hit 5” high at 20yds, and 9” low at 40. I hunt elk, 95% solo. Doing so, it’s very possible I’ll be presented with a frontal. With everything else I need to concern myself with, the last thing I need to deal with is where the heck 5” below the exact spot I want to hit is. If that animal’s at 45, I’m not going to take the shot if I have to pick which molecule of air above it’s back to aim at.

20-Jun-18
"For starters, a machinist that can program a CNC mill aren't cheap wage wise. And then there's the marketing manager, design engineer, CFO, COO, CEO to pay..."

You left a part out. It should read:

"For starters, a machinist that can program a CNC mill aren't cheap wage wise. And then there's the marketing manager, design engineer, CFO, COO, CEO to pay. Plus a 300% markup."

I fixed it for you.

It's a bow sight. Not airplane technology. I seriously doubt any of these companies employee engineers to design the sights. Might be engineers that started and own the company but, no one is going to hire a full time $80,000 a year salary to design a sight that doesn't require hardware to operate.

To each their own. I just shake my head wandering these things.

20-Jun-18
Design engineer can be a contract position and is still an investment cost to be recovered...

Not sure I know of any for profit businesses willing to work for near nothing just to keep a price point low.

• Sitka Gear