AZBUGLER 19-Jun-18
AZBUGLER 19-Jun-18
Royboy 20-Jun-18
midwest 20-Jun-18
splitlimb13 20-Jun-18
splitlimb13 20-Jun-18
carcus 20-Jun-18
18-Jun-18
Seems like August 30th can't get her soon enough!! Seems that way now but before you know it we'll be tripple checking the gear list, worrying we are forgetting something. Crossing fingers and toes that none of the horses or mules get injuered or sick. Then we'll find ourselves wide-eyed at 2 a.m. listening to singing bulls , debating on which one to make a move on HOPING they stay bugling by shooting hours!!! Hope everyone is having these sane pains! Please share any hunting pics you want, it may help pass time!!

18-Jun-18
It's driving me crazy. It was going to be 72 days away for us. But my dad put in for a muzzy tag and drew. So now it's 82 days away. I wasn't going to get a tag this year. Was just going to focus on getting my dad one with a bow. But his muzzy tag is for bull only. So I am going to get a either sex tag in case a cow comes in range or he tags out early and I can keep hunting. Can't wait

18-Jun-18
I feel the same way !!! But.....not for the reasons you guys mention. I'm hoping for the end of crossbow threads and doom and gloom threads. My head hurts ! I'm ready to see somebody's hero pics !

19-Jun-18
Dry Creek I hear that man. Was hoping to get some positive posts going here. NO DRAMA!

19-Jun-18
Our opener is August 25th, so we're at 67 days. I can hardly wait. I'm thankful for the recent rains, and the cooler weather it brought. Also hoping the monsoon gets rolling statewide!

19-Jun-18

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Colorado Sunset!
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Colorado Sunset!
Yep, Utah, Bull Elk tag 8/18, Colorado, Mulie Tag 8/25 and Arizona, Antelope Tag 8/31. What and when is my dilemma:)

Wish I could have spread them out over three years but it doesn’t work that way:)

19-Jun-18
Good luck all !

Charlie, looks like you're in for a sprint !

19-Jun-18

Lark Bunting's embedded Photo
First elk, 9/2/17
Lark Bunting's embedded Photo
First elk, 9/2/17
I am savoring every moment this year. Last year at this time I all but had my bag packed and was ready to go. This year I am playing around with some new broadheads, putting together some gear improvements to help lighten the load and taking my time with the workouts. Last year I was running so much that my knees and back were sore for the backpack hike into our spot. This year I am making sure I am more focused on core and overall strength not just the cardio. (and, I am running on more trails instead of concrete)

I pretty much wished away my summer last year once I found out I drew my tag so this year I am taking more time to enjoy summer and my kids. I am getting in my shooting and my training and my map studies and practicing my calling but at a slower pace compared to last season.

I am finding out more and more and in very personal and emotional ways that life is short so enjoy every day at its fullest.

This was a story I put together from last year recapping the five years my son and I have been hunting. http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=465680&messages=113&forum=5

19-Jun-18
Lark ,for once I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm constantly feeling like I should be doing more,or panicking more . I have aquired some health issues over the past couple of years ,and nobody seems to be able to pin down the problem or treat it . This year I'm taking things slower, with the same type of attitude,like this should be fun not so stressful. Of course when the time comes god willing I'll be okay and ready to go. Until then I'll take it one day at a time. Enjoying it with my wife and kids.

19-Jun-18

Dyjack's embedded Photo
Dyjack's embedded Photo
Keep the photos and stories coming, boys.

19-Jun-18

splitlimb13's embedded Photo
Here's a pic of a trip we had not to long ago. My 9 year old son was leading the string up front. He's growing to be one of the best elk hunters I've had the privilege to know. His whole heart lives in the elk woods! I started packing him along into the wilderness at the age of 6 ( momma wasn't happy) now that kid will find his way around in the dark up there better than most in the day ,very proud of him.

19-Jun-18
Split, good on you !

19-Jun-18

AZBUGLER's embedded Photo
AZBUGLER's embedded Photo

19-Jun-18
No elk hunt for me personally this year but I have two kids and a dad to take out. First season starts in mid August.

20-Jun-18
Still waiting for Oregon results. Should draw a good bull tag and praying for that once in a lifetime big horn tag.

20-Jun-18
That's cool, split!

20-Jun-18

My son shouldered this bull last year he's still crying about it haha .

20-Jun-18

Here's a trail cam pic of him!
Here's a trail cam pic of him!
Guy killed him on the rifle hunt . 413"

20-Jun-18
Summer can F off bring on September

• Sitka Gear