Bassman 20-Jun-18
Bassman 20-Jun-18
sticksender 20-Jun-18
drycreek 20-Jun-18
greg simon 20-Jun-18
JL 20-Jun-18
APauls 21-Jun-18
19-Jun-18
Is there a way to set the Bowsite Forum threads so that the most recent posts appear at the top of the list so that you don't have to scroll to the bottom or select the bottom one and wait for them to load? I've also seen on big threads with a lot of photos that selecting the last post(s) that they will never load. This only means that I only have to scroll thru a partial of the posts.

19-Jun-18
nope

19-Jun-18
That would be a most worthwhile upgrade and one I'd really appreciate.

19-Jun-18
On a PC, you can use Ctl+END to jump to the bottom of a page, and Ctl+HOME to jump back to the top.

On an iPhone or iPad (Safari), there's really no way to jump to the bottom of a web page. But you can jump back to the top by tapping the clock at top center of your screen.

Of course neither of these help with the issue of slow-loading pages due to super-long threads. The simplest fix for that might be for the site to paginate all large threads into 25 or 50 post segments. This is one of the very few discussion boards I visit that does not do that.

19-Jun-18
At the top of each thread is a list of names that have posted. Just click on the name or date where you last left off and it will jump to that point in the thread.

19-Jun-18
putting most recent at the top won't really help if you haven't been in the thread, or there's been lots of activity since you've been in.

Now a "go to first unread" would be nice

19-Jun-18
I do what APauls suggested

20-Jun-18
What Apauls said

20-Jun-18
I do what APauls says also; just take a ballpark guess of where you have read to before and pick a name to jump to. Although I agree on threads with lots of photos even that doesn't help much because the pics keep buffering and expanding the thread as you're watching. Hard to explain but it's obvious when it's happening.

20-Jun-18
Yep. I use the techniques listed here. But it would still be nice if you had a choice to sort to most recent or "oldest". As long as you can click a post and go to it, maybe it wouldn't take so long to load. Maybe the post segments grouping would help this?

20-Jun-18
There's already too many folks that dive into the bottom of a thread clueless having never actually read any of the prior posts in the thread. Because "it takes too much time to read it all....." but apparently doesn't take too much time to type out a post that's been covered three times already......

Likely standing in front of a microwave with a hotdog in it screaming "c'mon! C'MON!"......

20-Jun-18
How do I post pictures on this thread

20-Jun-18

Bassman's embedded Photo
Bassman's embedded Photo

20-Jun-18

Bassman's embedded Photo
Bassman's embedded Photo

20-Jun-18

Bassman's embedded Photo
IMG-1381.jpg
Bassman's embedded Photo
IMG-1381.jpg

20-Jun-18

20-Jun-18

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Bassman, just like that. Always hit the send button numerous times to get your point across !

20-Jun-18
Bassman, I was about to type out a long detailed explanation but it looks like you have it figured out!

20-Jun-18
Loading (embedding) Youtube vids throws alot of folks off. I suspect if more folks knew how we would see more vids posted up instead of pics.

21-Jun-18
I would hate to read a thread in reverse order with newest at the top. Read someone's well put together hunt recap would not be the same when you log in and see a ton of "Congrats" posts, then a trophy pic, and then the prelude?

As others have said, when you enter a conversation, you need to get caught up on what's been said anyways, before you add your 2 cents.

• Sitka Gear