lineman21 20-Jun-18
Scar Finga 20-Jun-18
Ambush 21-Jun-18
MK111 21-Jun-18
M.Pauls 21-Jun-18
20-Jun-18

loprofile's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
loprofile's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

I used 2” pvc pipe over metal t oosts instead if insulators. Made grooves for wire with dremmel tool. Speeds installation and makes stretching a breeze. Tied off wires but not really necessary

20-Jun-18
You could also use wood posts and just steeple the wire to it.

20-Jun-18
If you staple to wood and it rains, guess what happens??? Not sure what you're keeping out? Cattle? For deer you need a second row of fence about 15" out and midway between the other two wires in height.

20-Jun-18
Rhe beautiful thing about the pvc is that it rolls. You can pull. 1/2 mile length of wire with no friction

20-Jun-18
I use the heavy solid metal wire so I don't think this would work. At one time I had about 3.5 miles out around 7 tree plantings. As it wasn't needed I had a guy build a device for winding it on to a couple tire rims. May not have done it if I'd known the bill would be $350 (2010) but once I started to use it, no regrets. Unlike the plastic wire metal lasts forever (almost).

20-Jun-18
I thought for sure the first post would say "don't pee on one"

20-Jun-18

lineman21's embedded Photo
lineman21's embedded Photo
My side business to fund my hunting trip is building fiberglass posts. Guys around here use them for high tensile electrics fences. They work great. Don’t rot or burn.

20-Jun-18
Best electric fence tip... Don't Pee On It!!!!!

21-Jun-18
"Electric fence tip"

No! Don't put even just the tip on it!!

21-Jun-18
I wish I would have seen the "don't pee on the electric fence" tip when I was about 19 and drunk. That mistake will get you attention very fast even when drunk.

21-Jun-18
Ambush, I think it hurts more with "just the tip". Heard from a friend....

• Sitka Gear