bentshaft 20-Jun-18
ground hunter 20-Jun-18
bighorn 20-Jun-18
Buyse 20-Jun-18
pav 21-Jun-18
WV Mountaineer 21-Jun-18
ground hunter 21-Jun-18
20-Jun-18
Looking for a decent range finder that takes the angle of your tree stand into account. I am trying to stay around $250. I know this topic has been brought up before but with technology that way it is, I thought I would get some fresh advice. Any suggestions??

20-Jun-18
For treestand hunting an angle comp rangefinder is not needed. If that's all you're using it for any rangefinder will work. I do like red displays for deer hunting or any low light situations. Pry the 1 thing I'd make sure to have. Guys talk well of the leupolds and sigs. I happen to live my vortex 1500. But the price is closer to 300/350 on those models.

20-Jun-18
I would go with Nikon if I was stuck on that price point.

20-Jun-18
Sig Kilo 850 or 1250 are very nice and in your price range. They do not have the red display which is nice for low light but generally you are looking at a higher price point for the good ones with a red display.

20-Jun-18
I bought a used Nikon for $100. No problems.

20-Jun-18
I would also be using it for, do I dare say... rifle. Ha. I have a cheap one I have had for years, Nikon. It doesn't pick up much past 200yds. I do like the idea of the red display. Guessing another $100 like caribou stated?

20-Jun-18
Sig Perfect

20-Jun-18
Bowhunting from a tree equates to about a 1 yd difference in measurements.

I have Leupold and Bushnell and have been pleased with both. Was not pleased with Nikon.

My Leupold has red numbers which is easy for me to see.

20-Jun-18
My experience was opposite Greg's. Had Bushnell and it would not read through blind window mesh unless you stuck your head right up to the window. Otherwise, it was fine. Had Leuopold ( two ), and both were off on yardage. I have a Nikon now and I'm pleased with it, easy to read, angle comp, reads through mesh. I do a lot of blind hunting so this is important to me. YMMV

20-Jun-18
I would strive to get to the Leupold or Vortex price point if I could. As stated the adjustable red display is a must for me. Most of the lower end ones will have issues with low light, dark objects, fog or mist, some worse than others. If I had to stay in that price point it would be Bushnell.

20-Jun-18
I have a Vortex Impact for 200.00 life time warranty, never had a problem.... had a lot of others both cheaper and expensive,,,,,,, sold all of it, will stay with my Impact

20-Jun-18
I would go with leopold or vortex. Don't waste your money on a cheap rangefinder your better off guessing. Had a nikon not happy with it in low lite, readings kept changing. Have a vortex no problems. vortex or leupold excellent range finders for the price.

20-Jun-18
Thanks for the input everyone. Now I have an idea where to start looking.

21-Jun-18
I've had a Nikon Archer's Choice Max for years. Decent rangefinder for the price point. Recently upgraded to a Sig Saurer Kilo2200 (primarily based on Bowsite reviews). Very happy with the purchase.

21-Jun-18
Don’t know where some of these guys hunts but, around here in a tree versus flatbread oh is off 8-10 yards often. Of course we are steeper then most anywhere too

I use a cheap bushnell

21-Jun-18
also make sure it is water proof, not water resistant, and stay away from all one year warranties, that is a red flag

• Sitka Gear