Mad Trapper 05-Jul-18
Cheesehead Mike 05-Jul-18
spikehorn 05-Jul-18
Brotsky 05-Jul-18
Cheesehead Mike 05-Jul-18
20-Jun-18

Cheesehead Mike's Link
See my link

https://www.campsaver.com/u-cs-spcema-ann-brands-lowa-618.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Lowa61918&pdata=313354682f71374e6a2f4c7333536e

20-Jun-18
Great boots and price. Tibet gtx

20-Jun-18
have both Tibets and Renegade. really are a comfortable boot.

20-Jun-18
Renegade are awesome. I have a pair I'm wearing and a new pair in box in closet. I'm set, thanks for the heads up though.

20-Jun-18
Great boots, great price. You MIGHT say I’m a Lowa fan: Tibet’s, Bighorns (2), Hunter EVO, Irox, Caminos, Rangers (2), and Cevedales. That’s right 9 pair and I wear them all!

20-Jun-18
Mine are getting pretty worn down. Might be time to get a backup pair.

20-Jun-18
So, I'm planning my first DIY elk hunt in Colorado for 2019. Trying to decide between the Tibets or the Camino's. Thoughts?

21-Jun-18
Bowbender, I have both the Tibets and a couple pair of Renegades....never tried Caminos. The Renegades are absolutely my go-to elk hunting boot.

21-Jun-18
Corys trophy room is only superseded in impressiveness by his closet

21-Jun-18
Bowbender, I have the Caminos and Renegades. Love them both for hunting. If I was packing meat, I would switch to the Caminos as they offer a little more support.

21-Jun-18
From everything I have been reading here, on Rokslide and elsewhere the Renegades are a great boot, just a little light duty for any heavy packing. There are a couple of REI's close by that I'm going to next weekend for some test drives. Any other boots I should look at?

21-Jun-18
Vasque boots are nice also.

21-Jun-18
Zamberlans are nice

21-Jun-18
Plus one on the Zamberlans. I would say them and the Crispis are the best boots in the industry right now...

21-Jun-18
I am interested in the Tibbet GTX's because of their weight. Campsaver lists them at 2 pounds. Lowa's site has them at 3.96 pounds. Does anybody know what these weigh? have the hunter GTX's and love them, but am looking for something a bit lighter for an early season caribou hunt.

21-Jun-18
I’ve got the Tibet GTX hi’s. Not super light bug great boot that I have used from above tree line in Colorado to the deserts of Arizona. Should be great for caribou.

21-Jun-18
I’m probably the only guy in the world that hated my Lowa boots. I’m sure they were not fitted correctly, but I made the mistake of buying them online from L&S. I would never buy another expensive pair of boots without putting them on my feet first!

21-Jun-18
Tom...The Tibet's aren't 2 lbs. Maybe 2 lbs. each...For early season I like the Caminos, Cevedales and my Crispi Thors.

21-Jun-18

Cheesehead Mike's Link
I have the Tibets (2), Caminos and Renegades.

Personally, for me the Renegades are a little too lightweight for serious hunting, although they are very comfortable.

Tibets are on the heavy and stiff side for hunting but they are very good for heavy backpacking.

Last year was my first year with the Caminos and they have become my go-to boot for hunting and backpacking. They're lighter and more flexible than the Tibet for hunting but much stiffer and more supportive than the Renegade. I packed an 80-90 pound pack full of meat, skull and antlers last year while wearing the Caminos and they did fine. However, if I had to pack a heavy pack a long distance to the truck I would probably switch out to the Tibets on the next load... or actually to my Hanwag Alaska's which I prefer over the Tibets.

If I was going to buy one pair of Lowa boots and my choices were between the Tibet, Camino and Renegade, I would go with the Camino.

The Lowa Lavaredo looks like a nice boot, anybody have any experience with it?

21-Jun-18
Damn it!

I've got to stop reading these equipment threads!

21-Jun-18
'Preciate all the input. Definitely going to look at the Camino's.

21-Jun-18
I love the lacing system on those Caminos, too!

21-Jun-18
Cheesehead Mike’s thoughts pretty much match mine. I put the Rangers and Cevedale in the “do all” category as well. UNLESS you are hunting sheep and goats, then the Bighorns are my favorite Lowa followed by Tibet’s and Hunters.

22-Jun-18
Thanks Mike, just added a Renegade to my collection. Thanks for the tip.

22-Jun-18
I’d rather shop in Kota’s garage than Cabelas any day

24-Jun-18
I have Renegades, TIbets, Caminos, and Vantage. Although Renegades are super light and comfortable they haven't held up as well as the others. The only time I wear my Tibets is in deep snow and winter. I really don't need that much support and would rather use a lighter weight boot. My Caminos and Vantage have worked out great for all round use. I like that Lowa offers medium and wide options on most of their boots. I used and abused Scarpa Kalaish for years but they were a tad narrow in the foot. It's nice having a selection of boots but if I only had 1 I would go with a medium weight hiker.

I would also recommend going with 1 size larger so you can add a different pair of insoles than come with the boots. I use super padded insoles...and also socks with additional padding in the bottom of the feet.

04-Jul-18
What drop do the Caminos have?

04-Jul-18
Just bought a pair of tibet gtx hi. Looking forward to trying them out

04-Jul-18
Link says page does not exist????

04-Jul-18
Found em! Thanks Mike! I guess cheeseheads aren’t all bad! Skol!

05-Jul-18
Ordered the Caminos last week. Just waiting for them to get here. Ordered a pair of LS inserts. They are here waiting for the boots.

05-Jul-18
You're welcome Tom, good thing it's not football season yet ;^)

Mad Trapper, I have the LS inserts in my Camino's too and I really like them.

05-Jul-18
What are LS inserts?

05-Jul-18
Lathrop and Sons

05-Jul-18
Lathrop and Sons High Country footbeds.

• Sitka Gear