7mm08 21-Jun-18
Pyrannah 21-Jun-18
WDP 22-Jun-18
mrelite 22-Jun-18
7mm08 22-Jun-18
Pyrannah 22-Jun-18
21-Jun-18
So looking for my first tripod to support my slc 10x42s

I need something on a budget and I’m looking at the benro carbon fiber and the benro s2. Will use outdoorsmans adaptor and stud

Anyone running this setup or have one for sale? ;)

Thanks Ben

21-Jun-18
You're going to get a whole bunch of varying opinions here. I'm not familiar with Benro at all, but it matches your name ;o)

I love my Vortex SS-P: good blend of stability, weight and price. But if you're planning for long-term and a big spotting scope someday then this one might not be for you.

21-Jun-18
HA! didn't notice the benro connection.. Just meant to be! It is 2#, max height is only 57" (i think) but i plan to mostly sit and use it anyway.

not necessarily planning for long term right now.. Just something economical to get me in the game for a few years.

thanks man

21-Jun-18
I am in the same boat. I bought two tripods last year and am not happy with either. Neither were bottom of the market but were reasonably priced... but not reasonably stable! lol Still searching. I would like to find a lightweight tripod, rugged and stable under 150.00. I doubt I will use it standing up, so it doesn't have to be 60" either.

21-Jun-18
I have 12x50s to mount, but they realy aren't very heavy.

21-Jun-18
7mm08 go ahead and buy that one and let me know what you think!! lol...

They come up for sale every once in awhile and they go fast.. typical sale price i have seen is $50.. i would pick one up for that much and just see..

22-Jun-18
I bought this one about 5 yrs ago and really have no complaints. Even bought one for my wife for her 10x42's. Folds up to a nice and small package easy to pack and use.

Sirui T-025X Carbon Fiber Tripod with C-10S Ball Head B&H # SISUT025X •MFR # SUT025X

WDP

22-Jun-18
After years of crappy tripods I finally got a good one, I recently picked up a Slik 624 and put a Benro S2 head on it. I have a vortex 65 mm angled scope and it was super steady and smooth with the Benro head, one other thing I really liked was when you lock it down the scope stayed in the same spot that I was looking at. The tripod I found to be rock solid and easy to adjust, there are a few places that have them on sale for 189.00 which is a great price, just google it and the will come up.

22-Jun-18
Thanks for the input so far folks! I'll be looking at those. Hopefully the OP finds a good one thru this too.

22-Jun-18
My buddy pointed out a really good deal last night to me for a Slik 634. It was more than what I wanted to spend but I know it will work well, maintain resale value, and wasn’t that much more than benro full price...

Thanks for the replies!

Good luck with your search 7mm

• Sitka Gear