Russell 22-Jun-18
Drummer Boy 22-Jun-18
LINK 22-Jun-18
APauls 22-Jun-18
ground hunter 22-Jun-18
Dyjack 22-Jun-18
carcus 22-Jun-18
21-Jun-18
So after being a WB fan for my entire archery career (not really that long, but you get the point) I decided to make the switch to a drop away rest. I have a pretty heavy set up, so I needed the up and down windage for the Iron Wills. They shoot like champs, I pretty much blow through just about any target.... I hope I don't regret this decision....

21-Jun-18
Great move

21-Jun-18
How is it selling out?

21-Jun-18
I am beginning to enjoy it. I got one that connects to the cables so the cord is pretty small. My broadheads were shooting too low to move the nock point. I need to bring em up. I guess that's the perks of shooting a 525 grain arrow. It'll just take some getting used to I suppose.

21-Jun-18
Dyjack, I was adamite about keeping my biscuit earlier on when I was presented with tuning issues, but I sold out and got the drop away. I was a die hard WB fan.... I feel like I sold out dammit. haha

21-Jun-18
I’m not sure I’d ever be bummed about moving a WB. Good decision

21-Jun-18
Interesting about the WB. I had a drop-a-way rest on my current Mathews but started to have nightmares because of it. I had planned on a solo elk hunt miles from the truck, and would be gone 10 days at a time. I kept visioning the drop a way rest would fail when I was back in and was not able to fix it. I put the WB back on the bow and the nightmares went away. It is still on the bow and I am sleeping very good.

I understand because of your now heavy arrow weight the reason you "sold out".

my best, Paul

21-Jun-18
So why do you need a drop away for a heavy arrow?

21-Jun-18
"So why do you need a drop away for a heavy arrow?"

This. My fish arrows are something like 1,200 grs. and I use a WB and it works just fine.

I do use drop-away's on my hunting bows.

21-Jun-18
I cannot get my fixed blade heads to hit with my field points. The left and right is ok, but it is hitting low. I cannot lower the nock point any more. I need a rest that has an up and down adjustment. I agree Paul, that was my biggest concern with it. I've been assured that it is rare to have them fail, but I will be keeping my eye on it. I have the WB in my bag as a back up of course.

21-Jun-18
You can move your sight/pins lower. Lmao in case you haven't bottomed it out already.

I shoot a ripcord and used to shoot a trophy taker they're solid. Don't stress it.

21-Jun-18
Lol

21-Jun-18
A whisker biscuit sounds like something that gets hung up on a dogs face after he sniffs another dog......never did like the name.

21-Jun-18
Going into my 6th season with my current Ripcord, never a problem.

22-Jun-18
We'll see how the drop away works. If I had to guess, I think it'll do just fine. I will always roll with a WB in the pack though. My shop told me that having a drop-away is better if you plan to jump from Field Points to Broadheads often. Just takes a lot of guess work out of Broadhead tuning I suppose. I am opening up to some of this advanced equipment I'm not going to lie. Some of it may not be as bad as I thought it was.

22-Jun-18
" I cannot lower the nock point any more."

Why not? And why could a WB not be adjusted for elevation? I prefer a drop-away, but the rationale here does not male sense.

22-Jun-18
I have yet to see the problem of shooting a 500+ grain arrow through a WB

Both myself and a friend shoot 500+ and the WB works like a champ.

I’d say the issue was in your particular WB.

22-Jun-18
Sounds like a tuning issue to me. What type of drop-away rest are you using? Bow timing good? Arrow level and centered on berger hole? Arrows all indexed the same regarding stiffest side? (I always align stiffest side up) Arrows centered (inline with string)? Nocks not too tight? ( tight enough to hold arrow in vertical position while holding bow, but not hold bow while holding arrow)

22-Jun-18
Mathews switchback going on 13 years with the same ripcord.Changed the cord 3 times thats it.

22-Jun-18

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I’m thinking he must have one of those biscuits you see on really cheap kids bows that the biscuit itself is bolted straight to the riser with only a little left/right adjustment. Something like what is on the Bear brave?

22-Jun-18

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
After not shooting my bow since November I went outside, tied a 150gr solid Iron Will onto the same arrows I shot 100gr heads on last year (400 spine) and consistently shot arrows like this to 50 and beyond. This picture is 50 yards. Interestingly enough the Iron Will was always about an inch right of my FP EVER time so while I could prob adjust it tighter it was my first time shooting and I won’t make any adjustments until I’m well into a shooting rhythm. That is out of a WB. Approx 515gr arrow.

22-Jun-18
nothing wrong with the rest, sounds like that whole bow is out of tune..............

22-Jun-18
Maybe there's a subtle arm drop in the quest to see perfect broadhead flight. We've all done it.

22-Jun-18
I have found drop away rests easier to tune hands down, even with yoke tuning

• Sitka Gear