wild1 22-Jun-18
wifishkiller 22-Jun-18
TravisScott 22-Jun-18
Slippery Paw 23-Jun-18
Dino 23-Jun-18
Pigsticker 23-Jun-18
Arrowflinger 23-Jun-18
22-Jun-18
Just found out I won a wild boar hunt. Never really planned on hunting them. Any suggestions on the best broadhead? I'm currently using expandables but guessing I need a fixed. Thanks!

22-Jun-18
I'm a deer hunter. Doesn't take much to get through deer. Figured boars would be tougher.

22-Jun-18
magnus stinger or slicktrick

22-Jun-18
Personally... if I've got a shot at a BIG boar, I want cut on contact. I've killed numerous boars/sows with Magnus stingers. Good luck!

22-Jun-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
I've taken several & always a 3 blade fixed. IF your free hunt is from Independence you better do some checking. It's a scam.

22-Jun-18
Magnus Buzz Cut,,,, also check out the bone structure on pigs, not like a deer, go look at a good drawing on one, do not shoot them like a deer....... have fun

22-Jun-18

22-Jun-18
I've killed hogs with 2 bladed Stingers and 4 blade Muzzys.

22-Jun-18
If I wasn’t shooting at least 70# bow I wouldn’t even consider a MH, even then I would give some serious thought.

I think you will find a COC a wiser choice and more forgiving in the event of a bad shot. Hogs move constantly and a bad shot is highly possible. JM2C

22-Jun-18
VPA solid , razor sharp ,what ever weight you want. Forrest

22-Jun-18
Hogs plug up much quicker than a deer. Blow as big a hole as your set up will handle. I went to spitfire max trophy tip 1.75 cut. Works great....

22-Jun-18

Pigsticker's embedded Photo
Pigsticker's embedded Photo
Young friend shot these yesterday evening in about 45 minutes with 125 Magnus Stingers. 3 shot 3 recovered with farthest going about eighty yards. That is a great recovery rate on spot and stalk pigs .

22-Jun-18
Not a serious question. Like me asking what gloves I should use to fight tyson. Im not a boxer, the answer is... Just pass, if you are not going to go the whole 9

22-Jun-18
Any quality fixed will work great. If you are shooting lower draw weight, lower arrow weight or have a short DL I would do as others have said and stay with a COC.

22-Jun-18
CoCs for big boars and big boars is what I would rigged to take.

22-Jun-18

wild1's embedded Photo
wild1's embedded Photo
Any good coc broadhead that you can shoot accurately. I use SlickTrick Magnum 125 because it's a quality bh that's shoots great out of my setup.

Photo was from a medium sized (just under 200lbs.), but tough, boar.

22-Jun-18
Shot a bunch with rage hypodermics

22-Jun-18
I’ve shot them with mechanicals and with fixed blades. I recommend shooting what you’re comfortable with. Good luck and have fun!

23-Jun-18
Thanks everyone.

23-Jun-18
I've shot a good # with Wasp Jak Hammers. In Australia, I used Widow maker, 175 solid broadheads. Hogs r fun to hunt!!!

23-Jun-18
Absolutely no way that I wanna be shooting a 4 or 5 year old boar with a mechanical. Some of these agricultural and feeder pigs may jump up to 200 pounds quick without developing a heavy shield. I have shot some that there was little to no penetration with mechanicals. My pig arrows weigh 459 gs and a pass through is nonexistent at 64 lbs.

Shoot what you want but if hunting big boars you may not get the desired result with the wrong set up.

23-Jun-18
When shooting a compound I always use the Thunderhead. When shooting a recurve I have used the Magnus Stinger. Both with excellent results.....

• Sitka Gear