DE Scott 27-Jun-18
Pyrannah 27-Jun-18
MQQSE 27-Jun-18
sticksender 27-Jun-18
SaddleReaper 27-Jun-18
Pyrannah 27-Jun-18
Demuth 29-Jun-18
22-Jun-18
Per Iowa's website: "Draw results for the 2018 nonresident deer application will be posted on June 23."

https://jc.activeoutdoorsolutions.com/ia_customer/app/home.do

Good luck!

22-Jun-18
Wish I could archery hunt my own farm as a nonresident every year in Iowa. Maybe that’s part of what makes Iowa great though.

Good luck to all who applied.

22-Jun-18
That’s one of the biggest reasons for sure MQQSE! Hopefully, they keep it that way in the future too. I understand your sentiments, though. I used to have to draw a NR tag to be able to hunt the family farm from the early 80s till ‘97. I think Iowa, for the most part, is doing an excellent job of managing the deer herd, especially for archery. If we could just get rid of the stupid “celebrity “ tags that are sold to, basically, the same people, year in and year out. (Mostly outdoor TV show personalities). I don’t think we need their help getting the word out that we have pretty good deer hunting here. They should have to go through the same drawing process as everyone else. Instead, I would have zero issues with providing those same tags for Wounded Warriors, Hunt of a Lifetime kids, or similar organizations. Limiting Farm Bureau’s influence would be nice as well.

Good luck to everyone!

22-Jun-18
X10 Troy. Iowa has it figured out. I’ll gladly wait every 3-4 years for the quality of hunting they have. Best of luck to all in the draw. Hopefully I’ll be back out there in 2021.

23-Jun-18
Thanks for the heads-up ss

I am hopeful to draw Z-5 with 4 pts.

My first ever Whitetail buck tag if I do draw. I went with my Dad when we lived in Maine but I was pretty young and didn't have a tag.

I have never hunted out of a Tree Stand, should be an experience! haha

Good luck, Robb

23-Jun-18
Results are posted.

Thanks for the tip. Wasnt expecting results till mid July.

23-Jun-18
Denied a zone 5 license with 3 points.

23-Jun-18
Dang, unsuccessful zone 4 with 3 points.

23-Jun-18
Looks like it’ may be getting tougher out there to draw with 3 points. Time will tell.

23-Jun-18
Heading north come November. Second time to hunt the "land of the big bucks".

23-Jun-18
Zone 5 successful with 3 points

23-Jun-18
Zone 6 unsuccessful with 3 points - what a bummer

23-Jun-18
Successful for zone 5

23-Jun-18
zone 5 with 3 points, nope.

23-Jun-18

IdyllwildArcher's Link
Drew my western IA tag. Link is the page to login to check your results.

23-Jun-18
Zone 4 with 4PP Successful

23-Jun-18
IMO...Iowa does it right also. Great hunting and no APR's needed. I wish a few other select states would/could follow their model.

23-Jun-18
I thought 3 points would get me a tag for zone 6, but I was wrong.....unsuccessful : (

23-Jun-18
NR DEER BOW APP 05

Successful

I am Stoked!!!!

I just made Rsrvtns for late August scouting/hiking/getting to know the lay of the land.

#LovinLife

Robb

23-Jun-18

olebuck's embedded Photo
olebuck's embedded Photo
Got mine. Zone 4

Took 5 points!

24-Jun-18
DILLEY DILLEY, Jim!

Congrats on the tag!

24-Jun-18
Non-res successful, Zone 5. C'mon November!

24-Jun-18
Really ! Point creep for white tail deer.

Yes it’s IOWA!!!

24-Jun-18
Drew zone 4 bow with 4 points

24-Jun-18
Do preference points expire in IA if you fail to apply for x years?

24-Jun-18
No

25-Jun-18
Zone 3!

25-Jun-18
Unsuccessful in zone 6 with 3 points.

25-Jun-18
:^C for me.

25-Jun-18
Well not an archery hunt but I drew late season muzzleloader zone 6 which I am pumped about as I like hunting that late season time-frame as it doesn't take away from my hunting in Montana. Congrats to those that drew, good luck!

26-Jun-18
Can a nonresident apply for both an archery and muzzy license and get both?

26-Jun-18
Nope.

26-Jun-18
Unsuccessful zone 5 bow with 4 points! I’ve always liked Iowa’s draw system, but this is getting ridiculous!

26-Jun-18
unsuccessful with 4 points doesn't sound possible?

When will the draw results be posted showing the # of awarded applicants to each point pool?

thanks

26-Jun-18
t-roy that is very well stated,,,, good post,,,, I hunt zone 10, but really pretty poor hunting so I would always hunt somewhere else,,,,, the state is doing an excellent job

26-Jun-18
Pyrannah,

If that's the case it would indicate draw quota was met for zone 5 with all successful applicants having 4 or more points... I have saved stats since 2014 and there seems to be slight increases each year with applicants. Hopefully point creep doesn't take over Iowa like it has some western states!

26-Jun-18
Understood and agree,

but I drew with three points

26-Jun-18
Yeah, if Pyrannah drew with 3 points that means everybody with 4 points should have drawn first.

26-Jun-18
There's always the chance that he thinks "4 points" means going IN to the draw with 3 points.

26-Jun-18
Pyrannah I gotcha now! And....now I'm confused.

Guess we need the Iowa DNR to clear this up!

26-Jun-18
Good luck to all who got drawn!

27-Jun-18
"IMO...Iowa does it right also. Great hunting and no APR's needed. I wish a few other select states would/could follow their model."

Politicians have taken over deer management in Illinois. What could possibly go wrong?

http://ilhousedems.com/2017/03/29/scherer-pushes-for-passage-of-bill-to-expand-rights-of-sportsmen/

27-Jun-18
Pyrannah, Sticksender, You guys are right, I had three points going in, I now have four. I jumped the gun on my comment. Just frustrated!

27-Jun-18
Understood DE, i feel pretty lucky at this point to have drawn based on what i am seeing with other guys not drawing.

Maybe i should go play the lottery a bit, anxious to see the overall results and how many people actually drew from the three point pool

27-Jun-18
That solves that. I bet it’s stilk getting marginally more difficult though. Some people may have jumped back in after sitting on the sideline from the past blue tongue outbreak.

27-Jun-18
Hopefully, we'll both draw with our 4 points next year DE.

27-Jun-18
MQQSE

Great point on the EHD comment. I have heard from a friend who lives in Iowa that same theory, as some areas are still recovering. One thing the draw stats dont show is how many people out there are on the sidelines with a bank of points just waiting for the right time to go.

27-Jun-18
I wonder if those point holders you mention are just missing out on some of the best whitetail hunting possible?

I remember last time I went everyone was saying to not go cause of ehd. I went had the most amazing hunt I could imagine. And now I’m going again and will probably experience close to the same. I most likely will not experience seeing booners but I do have a chance and I bet I have a darn good chance at a really nice deer and some hellish rut action unlike anything here on the east coast

29-Jun-18
Zone 3!

• Sitka Gear