BullBuster 02-Aug-18
Grunt-N-Gobble 02-Aug-18
hardcore247 03-Aug-18
ND String Puller 03-Aug-18
ND String Puller 03-Aug-18
md5252 03-Aug-18
Matt 03-Aug-18
23-Jun-18
What is best bino harness? Mine has elastic straps and they are wore out. Do you like pouch or no pouch?

23-Jun-18
Liking my Kuiu, I also added the rangefinder pouch.

23-Jun-18
I love the Badlands with the magnetic closure. It really keeps the dust out and protects your lenses.

23-Jun-18
Like my marsupial my buddy got me on to

Check em out

23-Jun-18
I've got the older kuiu and the marsupial. Really like the marsupial, just wish they were a little quieter sliding binos in and out. I may add some felt runners to fix this. It sure is easier dumping debris/seeds out of them though.

23-Jun-18
What binos are you using? I have a Kuiu harness and using old style Leica Geovid 10x42s. Overall, I like the harness, but it is a tiny bit snug for those binos, plus it seems to collect twigs, leaves, etc when crawling through/under brush.

23-Jun-18
Sitkas latest version is the best I have used. Older models were ok but no comparison to the new.

Matt

23-Jun-18
All depends on what you want and how much you want to carry and what you want it for. For treestand deer hunting, I prefer no enclosed case. Just the elastic shoulder straps. Quick, quiet, simple. No real need for protection. For hunts that out put me out there for days, in bad weather and where I want my gps and rangefinder I really like my new alaska guide creations kiss max. Black orvis is the only place I know of that sells that model ( must be an exclusive to them) anyway my binos are easily accessible and well protected. Plus with its pockets, things are well organized.

23-Jun-18
I like the orinal crooked horn outfitters elastic shoulder harness without case. Im not protecting a Swarovski though.

23-Jun-18
I think it depends on the bino. I’ve got some 10x40 Zeiss that have just the reg old elastic with no pouch . I tried to put that same harness on some swaro 15x56 and they bounced all over the place . I got the bigger size Alaska Guide Creations and bounce is basically gone but man, that’s a big ol pouch on your chest . Kinda annoying sometimes .

23-Jun-18
I have the vortex razor hd's in 10x42s

23-Jun-18
KUIU is my favorite.

23-Jun-18
In the end its a very personal choice. Lots of guys here saying kuiu. I personally hated it. Though it is very compact. That was a plus.

23-Jun-18
Kuiu - nope. Can’t stand the way the tethers hook to the binos but not the harness. If you put a rangefinder pouch they slide down your stomach. Poor design.

Sitka bivy - I liked it. It was slim and light weight. No real issues except a lack of space for other stuff

AGC cub - so far I LOVE this thing. By far the best of the 3. Lots of room and great fit.

23-Jun-18
Before I had the ACG k.i.s.s max, I had the cub. Both are great, I just wanted to try something different.

23-Jun-18
I've tried them all. And I've returned every one. I just can't get used to the sensation of having a small car on my chest! lol

I prefer simplicity. So I've gone back to the basics and love it! Crooked horn strap with the bino shield for protection. I walk miles with my 10x42 Zeiss Victory HT with no issues.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Or5SY_srwI

23-Jun-18
Caribou, agreed. I wonder how many guys who recommend kuiu have owned others?

23-Jun-18
I still prefer the KUIU, if you like I can give you a list of the ones I have owned.

23-Jun-18
I want one that is slim and simple, I'm already thick chested and wear a good size pack for elk hunting.

23-Jun-18
The newest version of Sitka is my go too with Mystery ranch a close second . AGC smallest version is solid. Could not get rid of the Kuiu harness fast enough. It sucked

23-Jun-18
If you would like to try the Outdoor Vision RIDGETOP bino harness, PM me and I will get you a discount code. No bounce, protects optics, streamlined, does not interfere with drawing your bow, etc. You can check it out at www.outdoorvisiongear.com.

23-Jun-18
I use a Sitka harness, no pouch. I like to be able to unhook my binos and leave the harness attached at times. The Sitka fits snug enough that I don’t know it is there.

24-Jun-18
Alaska Guide Creations Hybrid MAX Bino Harness. After trying many this is what I fell on last year. Has been solid.

24-Jun-18
Tried several, and to date, KUIU makes the bino harness I hate the least.

24-Jun-18
Anyone have the solo hunter? I believe it's just the horn hunter with their logo on it

24-Jun-18
I cant stand having another pack on my chest when bow hunting. The best harness for me is one similar to the Crookedhorn bino harness. I also have a light thin neoprene cover that goes over my binos.

24-Jun-18
My three current favorites:

1. Sitka 2. Outdoor Vision 3. AGC KISS Max

I’ve used most of them on the market, these are my favorites.

24-Jun-18
My binoculars came with a "strap" that wraps around my neck. I've tried a lot of the "chest packs" and they all seem in the way. This "strap" seems to work the best. True, it can't carry a rangefinder (mine came with a "belt case" that I attach to my pack) or GPS (which I store in my "pocket", which came free with my "pants".) The "Chest Packs" that I've tried all slow down my access to binoculars. That said, I remain tempted to try another one. I think I have a disorder.

24-Jun-18
Kuiu, although it looks like there are some good, newer options on the market.

25-Jun-18
Sitka's newest version is the best I've found.

25-Jun-18
Alaska Guide Creations

25-Jun-18
Pav said it best and i agree...."Kuiu makes the one I hate the least"....

I am looking at some of the others mentioned here

25-Jun-18
I like thee Badlands one best. I have a KUIU one as well. It is hard to get on and off. In addition, it collects a lot of debris.

25-Jun-18
I tried several.. the one that I continue to use is the FHF bino harness

25-Jun-18
The Kuiu harness is by far the best in the industry. (That's why it is being copied by every one now)

25-Jun-18
I’ve tuna kuiu for 4 years now , while pretty good, a couple things I just want to fix. Get too much stuff inside still but it wasn’t too bad, it slides down a bit making getting the Bino back in difficult sometimes and I have small kids who always want to borrow my binos and the design sucks for that because the upper straps fall off your shoulders after you unhook.

I have an Outdoor Vision on the way after lots of research. Really liked the new Sitka bivy too.

25-Jun-18
For the guys that are using the Sitka bino harness can you clarify which one? Are you using the "bino bivy", which encloses your binos or using the "bino harness", that just keeps them tight to your chest uncovered?

25-Jun-18
Bino Bivy for me. I had the harness as well, but basically it is the same as a crooked horn, etc and won't provide any protection. The bivy is lighter and less bulky compared to the previous model imo.

25-Jun-18
Sitka harness

25-Jun-18
I really like my FHF Gear Bino Harness. It doesnt seem too bulky like some of the others and it has a few pockets for tags, calls etc.

25-Jun-18
Kuiu for my hunting style but have not tried anything else I like others have said added the rangefinder pouch .

25-Jun-18
Don't like a pouch style. Got as Rick Young elastic harness and never looked back... allows for multiple carrying positions.

25-Jun-18
I like the outdoor vision harness due to how streamlined it is. And the fact the hood opens away from the user. So, a person can remove and return them one handed effortlessly. They work very well. Total protection too.

My favorite in the way they work and comfort is the cheap Allen bino shield. I swear I like them. Would never have tried the other three brands if this one wasn’t so noisy when cold. They work well.

My advice is if you aren’t going for a magnetic closure, just get the alps x bino pack. It works great considering it is loop closed and open toward the user. Both negatives for me.

25-Jun-18
"Tried several, and to date, KUIU makes the bino harness I hate the least. "

I'm with Pav on this one. Kuiu with separate top straps would be just about close to perfect. As is- it's frustratingly serviceable, but still better than most of the rest.

25-Jun-18
I haven't used them all in the field, but was looking to make a change from the KUIU this year. I bought an FHF and Alaskan Guide to try at home. Didn't like how either one of them opened up and the FHF was to snug for one hand operation. So I frankensteined my KUIU to be able to accept the Razco holster since I will be hunting in grizz country this fall. While I was at it I added a second set of straps to fix the problems when trying to put the binos back in with one hand. I also added a way to get your wind checker in and out with one hand from the side mesh pocket and lengthened the side straps off the harness so when you have a rangefinder holder on you can still unbuckle the strap easily. Going to do some field testing, but seems like it fixed many of the problems I had previously.

25-Jun-18
Rick Young harness for me. Light weight and doesn’t make me sweat. Can carry your binoculars several different ways.

26-Jun-18
If someone want to buy a KUIU harness and pouch, I will make them a sweet deal. I have never used the pouch. I have used the harness but it has not been used hard.

I will be in Africa for the next couple of weeks but can send photos when I get back.

Please PM if you are interested.

26-Jun-18
Alaska Guide Creations.. Binos, range finder, predator call.. perfect..

26-Jun-18
Second Rick Young harness.

26-Jun-18
Personally i like the Badlands Bino XR and ive also used the Bino Mag. Using the XR i have my tags, windchecker, rangefinder, and binos all in one spot

26-Jun-18
Have been using the old Badlands harness for probably 10 years now. In the dusty country where I spend most of my time, it’s a life saver as keeping my optics clean. The magnetic close is both good and bad. It’s a solid seal, but can really make too much noise when it unexpectedly closes on a stalk. I’ve learned to be very aware and careful and it’s not a problem any more.

26-Jun-18
Got my new outdoor vision Bino harness and range finder holster- both better than advertised so far, worth checking out. Can’t find any negatives at all so far

26-Jun-18
Guys, we just signed on as a Bowsite sponsor/advertiser. If anyone is interested in the Outdoor Vision bino harness, send me a PM and we'll get you taken care of.

FULL DISCLOSURE: At the moment, we are extremely busy, building as fast as we can. Shipment could be 2-3 weeks (depends on size & color - some could ship same day). Also, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Geoff

MADE IN THE USA!

27-Jun-18
There are pictures on their website. The Outdoor Vision is the only that intrigues me beyond the Kuiu.

27-Jun-18
It closes extremely quiet. Barely audible. The material is very quiet when removing and putting the Bono’s back in the covers. The straps do great and DO not interfere with my pack harness or chest strap. It is a slim and trim version of everything else. You’ll love it if you buy it.

27-Jun-18
i love the rick young as well. simple, light, and doesn't get tangled with my safety harness when i am tree stand hunting. i do not like the pouch style, i primarily hunt in the south where it is warm, and i just get hot wearing the bulky pouch style.

27-Jun-18

geoffp's embedded Photo
geoffp's embedded Photo

geoffp's Link
There was some question on the quietness of opening and closing. Here's a short video. Turn up your volume, so you can hear.

27-Jun-18
Ohio, thanks for the link. I also have the badlands and I really like it but i think I would have liked the outdoor vision a little better. I got the badlands with the hydration net in the back which I hate when Im wearing a pack.

27-Jun-18
Alaska Guide for me as well. Carries all I need and its very easy to use.

27-Jun-18
Bino harnesses are very much like packs. There is not one "right" bino harness for everyone.

The Outdoor Vision seems very similar to the Marsupial Gear harness that I own. Both are magnetic and open to the front. The OV fully contains the binos. The Marsupial contains them about 3/4, which allows the binos to be pulled out and put back a little easier/quieter but may allow dust/moisture to get in. They are nearly identical in weight. Their rangefinder pouches also seem to be nearly identical.

27-Jun-18
The OV is nearly inaudible when closing. I don’t think the back will be any less breathable. Haven’t worn it under my pack yet still to check for interference.

On my range finder I had used the pouch that came with my Nikon. It was fine but my god is the OV holster and tether slick. Effortless to use fast and quietly without looking both in and out, really love that thing.

01-Aug-18
I’ve got it narrowed down to alps extreme, horn hunter op-x and outdoor vision ridgetop. I use a vortex 10x42 talon bino. Can’t seem to pull trigger. I hunt fur/fowl/feather

01-Aug-18
I have an OV in the mail, should be able to post up thoughts by end of next week when I get back from my hunt.

So far, a good company to deal with.

01-Aug-18
For the guys that like simple, check out Barry Wensels Mono strap. It hooks onto the back of a waist belt and then in the bino strap. It takes the weight off the neck and is just simple and effective. I thing it's on their web site. brothersofthebow.com

02-Aug-18
Marsupial gear for me.

02-Aug-18
I got Outdoor Vision harness today and there is a ton to like. First, Geoff was great to deal with. That goes a long way with me as a consumer.

The harness is really well-laid out, generally speaking the best I have tested - similar to the AGC but in a more streamlined package. Quality hardware all around. The top and bottom straps are connected to the body so it will no droop when the binoculars are out of the pocket a la the Kuiu bino harness - my biggest complaint and one shared by others. The unit ships with straps to connect the binoculars to the harness. The lid opens forwards (like Kuiu/opposite of AGC) but I can't envision it interfering with the bowstring. It is held in place - both open or closed - by magnets. The grab handle on the lid is large and easy to locate - big enough for gloved hands. The outward facing material (front/sides) is similar of that of the Kuiu, so pretty quiet. It has a zippered pocket on the front w/ included minimalist first aid kit where you could carry your license, tag, lighter. etc. There is a small zippered pouch on the bottom which contains a cleverly laid out rain cover which is attached (though removable) with room for a bit more.

For those who ride ATV's or have dust issues, coverage of the binoculars is almost complete with only tiny gaps on either side (the lenses should still be fully covered top and bottom). Coverage is not as good as the Badlands and perhaps AGC, but much better than Kuiu and some others.

Unfortunately, due to my personal physiology (an issue I have not read of others having) - I had the same issue with this product as I did with the AGC. My eyes are rather close together so when properly adjusted my binoculars are "tall and narrow", and the depth of the pocket - call it the front to rear dimension of ~ 1.5" - was not ample enough for me to be able to easily replace my binocs with one hand when done using them. As a comparison, my Kuiu harness is about 2.5" deep and I can just drop my binoculars right in with one hand and then close the lid.

I'm not a fan of the magnet closure either given the potential for unintended noise, but this unit is much quieter than Badlands as an example.

In my opinion, this is the best designed bino harness I have used (have not tried the Marsupial Gear unit, which looks very similar - appears to have a sleeker lid but poorer dust protection), but the dimensions unfortunately do not work for me. Unless you have a need for carrying a bunch of odd's and end's, I personally would choose the OV over the AGC based on its more streamlined and thoughtful design.

02-Aug-18
Hands down Alaska Guide Creations. Excellent selection also. Very comfy

02-Aug-18
Kuiu

02-Aug-18
My buddy had the Marsupial this September in CO. It totally screwed with his GPS. It at times had it nearly 180 degrees off. It could have been really bad.

02-Aug-18
Are any of these recommended harnesses truly one-handed? I have the Kuiu and i definitely need to use both hands. Tough with a bow in my hand often. thanks

02-Aug-18
That Rick Young harness is super simple and with the cover...... looks like the harness I'm getting!!!

03-Aug-18

hardcore247's embedded Photo
Found a bottle at Hobby Lobby just a touch bigger than the wind checker. Wrapped it hockey tape to make it less slippery and then put it in the elastic pouch. Wind checker is usable with one hand .
Found a bottle at Hobby Lobby just a touch bigger than the wind checker. Wrapped it hockey tape to make it less slippery and then put it in the elastic pouch. Wind checker is usable with one hand .
I have used KUIU for a few years, but didn't like a few of the features they didn't have. So this spring I bought an FHF and AGC because of their ability to add the Razco holster.

I didn't like how they both opened to the back and while the AGC was one hand operable just didn't like how bulky it felt(I had to get their largest model because of the binoculars I have). So I decided I would try my hand at frankensteining my KUIU harness to fix some of the problems. Especially the one handed operation. I think it turned out pretty good. Just have to do some more testing but so far it seems to be working well.

03-Aug-18

ND String Puller's embedded Photo
90% happy with this set up, would be nice to add attachment straps for my binos to be able drop them quickly and shoot with out having to stow them away first. My wind checker, pen light, deer call, and lighter are with me, handy at all times

03-Aug-18

03-Aug-18
AGC or OV. I have the AGC and it’s awesome

03-Aug-18
I have no issue with the Kuiu and one handed operation.

• Sitka Gear