jordanathome's embedded Photo
Banzai commando bitchin' scouting trip started yesterday evening about 7 pm with the hike in. Busted a bull about 45 mins in......walked up on another 15 mins later. okay. This does not suck. Bivy'd out with my Hennessy Hammock. OMG. Fork a tent. This thing rocks. Total system with huge rain fly and 4 season insulation (not a over or under quilt). Went up (first ever attempt) in less than 5 mins. Super comfortable. Balls. Got up as the sun was cracking in the east and hit a glassing spot. Boom.....bull below....oh he's got a buddy......nice. I had an idea where they were headed so hiked down to intercept and get closer. Watched them for 1/2 hour before they wind suggested they ease off a different direction. It was not in my favor so was surprised it took so long. Hiked back and the hammock and gear is packed by 7:07 am. Set a game cam on a trail with tons of rubs. On the way out I saw 2 more bulls together. Not a bad trip at all.....if only I had found a shed antler or 2........

23-Jun-18

Hammock system

24-Jun-18
Nice!

24-Jun-18
Thanks Hank. You never know what to expect trying out a new place.....much less OTC. Gonna have to build points a few years before I draw again. Hope they are still there come season.

24-Jun-18
Nice!

24-Jun-18
Pretty cool

25-Jun-18
Jealous, I need to get out more and film again this year. Last year I had one of the greatest scouting seasons of my life and this year it's been all work, work, work :(

Thanks for the reminder to get on with the important stuff :)

Cheers, Pete

25-Jun-18
Scouting has been great this spring/early summer.

Looks like you are seeing some Velvet too Jordan

Thanks for sharing

#LovinLife

Robb

25-Jun-18
Great photos and sounds like a great trip. I need to get out and try out a few new pieces of backpacking gear before the season. I am hoping to be out scouting in the next few weekends but life keeps getting in the way. Good luck this season!

25-Jun-18

Tall rub

25-Jun-18

29-Jun-18

29-Jun-18

30-Jun-18

02-Jul-18
No pics to post from this weekend. No elk were seen but plenty of sign, including some fresh beds in tall grass and mud at a shady seep next to a waterhole. I did see some mulies and found one half of a mulie shed antler set that was well chewed. Spent 8 hours covering alot of ground. Love scouting season!

02-Jul-18
Good stuff Jordan, thanks bud!

ElkNut/Paul

• Sitka Gear