BOWUNTR 24-Jun-18
Franklin 24-Jun-18
tobywon 25-Jun-18
sticksender 25-Jun-18
grubby 25-Jun-18
Ace 25-Jun-18
grubby 25-Jun-18
23-Jun-18
Beware of Rack'm Smack'm Taxidermy in Rush City MN , This guy has had my Deer Head for a shoulder mount for four years now and always has and excuse of why he can't be around for me too pick up the mount , even thou he told me it was done when I called two years ago , he would set up an appointment for Saturday and call the night before saying he has to go some where and can't be there , He has pulled this on me 8 times now and when I got pissed with his excuses and told him so , He now won't return my calls, I will end up having to take him to court , But if he doesn't produce my 194 class 8 pointer , I'm still screwed .....This Guy is a Joke !!! Run and don't look back !!

23-Jun-18
Be sure to ask for punitive damages. I think there is a good chance he "lost" your antlers. Sorry, but there is no other reason for this. Have you thought about showing up with witnesses and camera with recorder during normal business hours. Perhaps the afternoon of opener when he will be there with lots of customers???

23-Jun-18
Yeah, there is no way he has that rack still. Sorry to say. That's a GIANT deer. Do you have pics? May end up having to have a replica made.

23-Jun-18
Agee with LKH. I’d show up unannounced so he has no excuses.

BTW......I’d love to see a pic of a 194” 8 point!

23-Jun-18
If you left a 194" buck with him, and it's been four years, my money is on his selling it, and it's on some prick's wall. I do believe at about 18 months I would have been on his doorstep without a courtesy call. That's plenty of time to get a mount done. BTW, a 190 class eight point is a unicorn, there won't be another in MN !

23-Jun-18
Is there a 194 8 in the all time book?

23-Jun-18
Hmmm, Troy, great minds think alike, and evidently type at the same time !

23-Jun-18
Do you get headaches a lot too, Don?!!

Bou......I believe the B&C world record 8 is around 183” net. Not sure on P&Y. The giant 8 that was poached in Minnesota grossed 190” & nets around 181”.

23-Jun-18
I trust my taxidermist but I still never leave antlers there. Heard a few horror stories,.. even fires etc. I take skull cap and antlers back until he’s sewing and positioning them. Max he needs them in the end is 2 weeks as long as I can bring them within a day to him. I am careful not to inconvenience him. Best of luck

24-Jun-18
We often do what M.Pauls suggests. Our taxidermist lives 6 miles away and is a personal friend. No trust issues, but it is nice to have the antlers to look at. With a year or more on average that they were gone, we just found it nice to have them at home to fondle.

24-Jun-18
post pictures of the deer please. it may help in the recovery if in fact they were lost or stolen. not many 194 8 out there it would be kind of like stealing the Mona Lisa..........where would it be displayed?

also go to the MN forum there is an old thread about this taxidermist at the top now.

24-Jun-18
If you have a 194" 8 Point, I'll consider paying for the lawyer to get it back.

You must have a photo?

24-Jun-18

24-Jun-18
MPauls x3. In fact, my taxidermist prefers it. It’s less of a liability for him to not have a bunch of trophy class racks at his shop for 6-12 months at a time.

I’m beginning to suspect a troll on this. I’m thinking he just wanted to bash Rock’m-Sock’m Taxidermy. With today’s social media, I would think there would be pics of this buck floating around everywhere.....unless this guy is the type that shuns the spotlight!

24-Jun-18
He's in the spotlight now.... Ed F

24-Jun-18
Nice handle, may say everything. OTH, maybe this is Mitch with another mystery buck?

24-Jun-18
My taxidermist had a dozen game farm whitetails that a well known pizza guy had taken a group of friends on as a gift....I tanned the capes with the largest neck being 34". Anyone who knows whitetails understands that number is off the charts. Those racks were NEVER in his shop as that was about $250,000 worth of antlers.

I am not doubting the taxidermist story as there are many like this guy but I have to see a 194" 8 pointer to believe it. I certainly would of never left them with him. I would be in his shop from open til close until he was done.

25-Jun-18
"Rack'm Smack'm Taxidermy" Maybe its me and the Taxi came highly recommended, but with a business name like that, I would have had my reservations right off the bat. Whatever the situation, I hope you get your mount or at least the antlers back on a great buck like that.

25-Jun-18
Will this be a drive-by posting?

25-Jun-18
I wonder if this is the guy that has a billboard on I-35 advertising shoulder mounts for $250??? That's probably where I would bring a world class deer. Maybe he fat fingered it and its really 104"

25-Jun-18
First post ever on BS, hmm ...

I wonder if his 194 had droopy ears.

25-Jun-18
maybe 194 pounds???

• Sitka Gear