TD 25-Jun-18
TD 25-Jun-18
SCmuddy 26-Jun-18
ChrisH. 28-Jun-18
WV Mountaineer 28-Jun-18
x-man 28-Jun-18
ChrisH. 30-Jun-18
24-Jun-18
I put new strings and cables on my Carbon Defiant and realized my new string didn’t have the “speed beads” on it like the factor Hoyt strings come with. I don’t care as much about speed as I do noise. Do those beads with the heat shrink on them provide much noise dampening or would I get the same results from some rubber string dampeners?

24-Jun-18
You sre not going to get the same dampening results as cat whiskers with anythibg. They have no comparison in quietening the shot. Both might work. But, from what ive geard of the carbon hoyts, they need all the help they can get to be quiet enough.

24-Jun-18
Nitro Button XL by Pine Ridge Archey (I’m pretty sure that’s what’s pictured above). Two on bottom, two on top is close to the stock Hoyt setup. You’ll need a press. Once on the string you can shoot through a chronograph and adjust distance from cams for optimum speed. Position won’t make a dramatic difference but you can sometimes pick up 1 - 3 FPS; at least that’s been my experience.

24-Jun-18
Interesting I’m now forced to shoot lower poundage would these work well shooting a 55 lb bow hope I’m not hijacking Lewis

24-Jun-18
Clamp on a few heavy nocking points down there to replicate what the stock string had and save yourself the complexity of pressing and retuning

24-Jun-18
Thanks a ton for the info. There’s definitely a difference with how loud my bow is between my old string with the beads and my new one without the beads.

24-Jun-18
I just use the tuffys eliminator buttons, they work great

24-Jun-18
Bou,

Why would retuning be required?

25-Jun-18
Removing a string from the bow I would want to check that all is as it was.

25-Jun-18
If I recall 60X recommends a couple of the rubber string attachments rather than the speed buttons, I used the Pine Ridge on the Invasion. Basically just installed them where the stock speed buttons were. Don't honestly know if it helped as I didn't shoot it when it was a bare string, but it's within a foot or two of the stock string. Not really much more work if you do it at the same time as string replacement.

25-Jun-18

TD's Link
Was looking for a link on the 60X article I read and see they now will make a custom string that includes the speed noks or buttons or whatever, so I linked to that. Original article was:

https://www.60xcustomstrings.com/blog/3-safe-alternatives-to-bowstring-speed-nocks/

26-Jun-18
WV Mountaineer speaks the truth!

People can get all kinds of cool points for technology but sometimes the simple old stuff works the best .

I’ll try to Weibo idea of sound dampening devices but the simple fact for me was speedballs string leeches this name that name...

Just can’t hold a candle to a couple hundred jiggly little rubber legs for sucking up vibration/noise.

28-Jun-18
I think I’m just going to install some of the rubber string dampeners. I don’t need anymore FPS out of my bow but I sure do need something to absorb some vibration. Just the bare string makes my bow pretty loud.

28-Jun-18
It’s a carbon bow. They resonate sound quite differently. Cat whiskers are your best bet. However, it still is going to have a louder noise then other materials without dampeners in the riser.

28-Jun-18
Are you sure your string suppressor is adjusted properly? A properly adjusted suppressor will do more good than a dozen string leeches or cat whiskers.

The factory speed buttons do not dampen sound, so if the only thing you changed was the string, my guess is the string suppressor is not adjusted properly.

30-Jun-18
My string stop was a bit off. I readjusted it and it’s good to go. Thanks x-man

• Sitka Gear