BIG BEAR 01-Jul-18
rattling_junkie 01-Jul-18
sticksender 01-Jul-18
BIG BEAR 01-Jul-18
Fuzz 01-Jul-18
BIG BEAR 01-Jul-18
Fuzz 01-Jul-18
25-Jun-18
I hope this is appropriate to share some fishing content with you guys. I thought it would be better than the community forum.

25-Jun-18
Drum are great, I shoot them from time to time as well.

25-Jun-18
We must have caught a dozen of those things on Lake Erie on Thursday while trolling for walleye.... We released all the sheephead....

25-Jun-18
Good video. I grew up on Lake Erie and when I was that kids age I was on the Rocky River pier about everyday during the summer fishing for sheephead, perch, white bass and if the wind blew stirring up the water catfish came into the shallow water. Good times. The only invasives in the lake back then were smelt and planted steelhead.

25-Jun-18
My son loves to fish, and next spring he will hopefully be taking his first bear with a bow too!

25-Jun-18
David...... your videos are awesome!! Keep them coming !!

25-Jun-18
Same as Killinstuff, grew up between Huron and Sandusky Ohio on the shore of Lake Erie in the 1950s. Yes, Sheepshead (Drum), white bass, catfish, walleye, small mouth bass, we ate them all.

26-Jun-18
Thanks Big Bear, sometimes as a creator your don’t know if people appreciate what you are creating, so that means a lot.

26-Jun-18
I caught and released 3 Pope n Young csliber sheephead Saturday on Erie. Ive ate my share... theyre not bad but when the walleye are jumping in the boat there's no reason to keep the farm animals!

26-Jun-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Baaaaaaahhh!
Fuzz's embedded Photo
Baaaaaaahhh!

26-Jun-18
I was out there on Thursday Fuzz.... We ran crawler harnesses in 24-25 feet of water and had our 3 man limit of walleye before noon...... We got bounced around a little more than was comfortable for me....... And had to sort through some sheephead....

26-Jun-18
Big Bear, "we got bounced around". You mean the famous Lake Erie Chop? I spent 20 plus year on the lake being bounced around but also caught a lot of eyes.

26-Jun-18
Thanks for posting, nice video. Freshwater Drum are perfectly good to eat, in my experience too. Never tried the Sprite marinade....will have to give it a try.

26-Jun-18
Yeah that’s it Paul... it was about 2 footers by noon and my buddies called me a wuss for feeling a little queasy...... but they are both boat guys.... I’m not really..... 7 years in the Navy and never on a ship.... I flew in land based airplanes....... ha !!! Some Navy man I am.......

If I would have suggested keeping any sheephead.... they would certainly have thought that I intended to use them for bear bait....... ha !!!!

26-Jun-18
Copy that on the harnesses Bigbear. I was out solo out of Monroe the week before and the "chop" was 3-5 footers. That makes things interesting Lol!

Like i said...They taste fine but absolutely cover the inside of the cooler with their "sheep chit! That's the biggest reason I toss em' back. Biggest I've caught was a 28 incher... thought I had snagged a body.

26-Jun-18
We catch them ice fishing here in KS and they are delicious!

26-Jun-18
I had a whole sack of ear bones from sheephead when I was kid too. I'd kill em for those two bones and bury the bodies in the garden as fertilizer. Never eat one. I'd rather had a PB&J back then.

26-Jun-18
What did you want with the bones?

26-Jun-18
We (all the kids) just liked them. They are like white nickel size rocks. Some folks make jewelry out of them. Google freshwater drum ear bones.

26-Jun-18
I’ve ate drum my whole life. They are good table fare. And they fight like a dickens.

27-Jun-18
I’ve ate drum my whole life. They are good table fare. And they fight like a dickens.

27-Jun-18
Great video David, those freshwater drum ear bones are interesting

29-Jun-18
I love the creative side of filming and then putting the edit together. I know my moose hunt with carcus and manitobabohuntr will be one for the ages. If the moose hunting is slow then there will be lots of time for golden hour b-roll. Until then it will be some fishing films like this one!

29-Jun-18
Nice video r'junkie! Got me pumped to go battle some ewe's! It was "bring your boat to work day" today... Leaving the Jeep plant at 3 and will be on Lake Erie at 330! Im sure plenty of farm animals will be wrestled!

29-Jun-18
Good luck Fuzz, go slay some sheep and post the pics.

29-Jun-18

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
Good luck Fuzz !!! Go put a bunch of these sheep in the boat !!!

30-Jun-18
Fuzz, how did you do? I certainly love fishing, but I am waiting impatiently for my moose hunt.

30-Jun-18
Can you hunt moose every year David or is it a draw ???

01-Jul-18
I can hunt moose every year. We are fortunate that way here in Manitoba. I hope to do that every year until I can’t physically lift my legs into the boat.

01-Jul-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
I got myself a good Cap'n!
Fuzz's embedded Photo
I got myself a good Cap'n!
We killed the walleye on Friday....was done in a few hours. Never caught one sheephead! Went back out yesterday and got limits of walleye again along with a few small sheep and some big yella' perch! Heading back out today after work with the daughters!

01-Jul-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
My good luck charm
Fuzz's embedded Photo
My good luck charm

01-Jul-18
Hey junkie! I hear ya on "waiting impatiently for my moose hunt"!! My Sept flight to Newfoundland can't get here fast enough!!

tic...... tock........ tic...... toc ...ugh!

01-Jul-18
Man Fuzz.... you are a walleye killer like my buddy.....

Nice picture of you and your daughter and I love the Toledo Mudhens shirt !! The Tigers minor league team !!

01-Jul-18
Man David.... if I could convince my wife to move where I could hunt moose and bear every year over the counter........I’d be there in a heartbeat when I retire in 2 years. You’re a lucky dude.....

01-Jul-18
Nicely done Fuzz...BIG BEAR, I realized that a ton of hunters would love to be in my position, and I get to hunt moose at a fraction of the price, so I need to do it every year now (take advantage of my "youth.) I'm lucky that I have two young sons who love the outdoors, so when I'm old and can't pack out a moose anymore they will be there!

01-Jul-18
Good work on the videos junkie. I admire your grasp of the concept that the video action itself should tell the story, not lengthy talking-face sequences which are all-too-common in most outdoor videos. Thanks for showing us, instead of telling us. Great job!

01-Jul-18
Yessir David..... keep the videos coming..... hope to see some footage of your moose hunt !!

01-Jul-18
Big bear... that's my future wifey not daughter! Lol! Leaving work in T minus 3 minutes!! Woot woot!

01-Jul-18
Sorry my bad.... no offense meant...... Go give the walleyes hell !!!

01-Jul-18

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo
None taken! Lol! Another limit day with 1 mega sheephead that gave the daughter hell!

• Sitka Gear