Barrera 16-Jul-18
Big Fin 23-Jul-18
Brotsky 23-Jul-18
CurveBow 23-Jul-18
25-Jun-18

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
People often laugh, when my first statement is, "To kill an elk you have to find an elk." Pretty simple. Simple enough for a simple mind like mine.

Not knowing how to consistently find elk was the biggest hurdle I faced in my elk hunting travels. And still the biggest challenge for me. Everything I do from the time I draw the tag until I am at the trailhead in the morning darkness is predicate on where I think I will find elk at whatever period of the elk calendar my tag is good for.

The greatest number of questions we get pertain to elk hunting. Most revolve around finding elk. Finding mature bull elk on public land is not easy, especially in the post-rut and late season periods.

In my experience, most of the question that arise when trying to find public land bull elk can be answered by explaining how we put together our plan for hunting when we get to the unit, or the process we call E-scouting. We usually have five days, often in a unit we've lever seen or hunted, and in those five days we must find and take a bull elk on camera. We need a plan for all five days we are there.

We released the first video this morning that is an overview of what the series will be like. It is about putting together a plan to consistently find bull elk on public land for whatever calendar period you will be hunting them.

We have filmed most of the content for this series and it looks like we will end up somewhere between 10-12 videos to fully explain how we build our plan by E-scouting. Hope you find some of this helpful.

Video at the link.

25-Jun-18
Awesome stuff. Thanks

25-Jun-18
Randy, great idea for a series! Your show continues to be one of my all-time favorites, even though I have to watch it online. Marvin

25-Jun-18
Awesome resource Randy!

Can you make the terrain on my PC screen look as tough as it actually is to hunt???? LOL!

25-Jun-18
Thanks for all you do Randy! Keep it up please. I've learned a ton from watching your shows and LISTENING to what you say.

02-Jul-18

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
Part 2 - Edges and Canopy Disruptions. This is now live at the link.

02-Jul-18
I am happy to see you got the shirt right-side out. Corey would be proud. ;)

02-Jul-18
Thanks Randy.

02-Jul-18
Good stuff, Randy!

03-Jul-18
this is a great idea for a video. I've been doing it for decades. Sometimes good results sometime not so much......but you always learn.

03-Jul-18
Thanks Randy!

03-Jul-18
Thanks you Randy, I am learning from every your video

03-Jul-18
I like to get back on GE as soon as I get back from a hunt to look at the areas I covered. It really helps you understand what you're looking at when studying new areas.

09-Jul-18

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
Today we launched Part 3 - Burns, Burns, and more Burns. Video at the link.

09-Jul-18
Excellent. My hunt starts in 39 days and I need all the help I can get:)

09-Jul-18
Thanks for posting on Bowsite Randy, your real world videos are very watchable.

09-Jul-18
Looking forward to today’s show!

16-Jul-18

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
Part 4 - Sanctuaries - this video goes into depth on the biggest part of my post-rut and late season strategy.

16-Jul-18
Randy, This on x system is top notch and has everything you need. Great videos for sure. Keep up the great work.

23-Jul-18

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
Part 5 - Hunting Pressure, is now live on our YouTube channe. If you hunt public land in areas with large amounts of hunters, being able to predict hunting pressure, where it will come from and how elk will respond, is a big part of putting together your game plan. Video at the link.

23-Jul-18
Good stuff Randy, looking forward to watching this latest installment tonight!

23-Jul-18
Awesome Randy!!! You rule! ; )

• Sitka Gear