lewis 25-Jun-18
Charlie Rehor 25-Jun-18
'Ike' 25-Jun-18
lewis 25-Jun-18
Herdbull 25-Jun-18
bdfrd24v 28-Jun-18
lewis 29-Jun-18
25-Jun-18
If you were going to pull the trigger and get a combo consisting of jacket and pants for early season to be used for elk and then whitetail mostly in Tn. what would you go with.Not a fan of hoodies.Lewis

25-Jun-18
Sitka Apex or Ascent pant in sub alpine depending on how "light" you want to go.

If you want a jacket vs. a hoodie, the mountain jacket would be a versatile all around lightweight jacket. Add the core lightweight short sleeve and a merino or ascent top for a shirt/mid-layer and you're good to go. For later season you can add the Kelvin Active Lite as an active insulation layer for hiking.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Apex hoodie and lightweight hoodie in lieu of a jacket, but that is just me. Also, the "active" mountain clothing and the "sitting in treestand" clothing will be very different. But for early season, it shouldn't matter much. You will have to add some insulation for sitting in the whitetail stand later on. I tend to FREEZE in my mountain hunting clothing in the whitetail stand because the two types of clothes are designed for completely different uses.

25-Jun-18
8 years ago I thought the Hoodie was a “no go” but know it’s my “go to”.

IMO if you only want one pattern the Elevated 11 is the best for all around including late season. That said I own em all! All Sitka, all the time!!!!

25-Jun-18
Thanks kota you are just the one I hoped would post I'm assuming the Ascent is a a little heavier than the Apex.This is something I would also be using for spring turkey in Tn.and Mo.amongest other places.I'm just not used to hoodies except in cold conditions. Thanks Lewis

25-Jun-18
Just might have to try a hoodie Lewis

25-Jun-18
Ascent series is lighter than the Apex. I've really grown to love the new Ascent pants in warm conditions. The Apex is a very nice active fall pant but heavier than the Ascent.

Charlie is right about the EV2 pattern, but most of the clothes in that line are for stationary use. I used the EV2 Fanatic Hoodie, and Equinox Set on a moose hunt and while not ideal, it worked. I think the new Subalpine stuff is very versatile and MADE for elk hunting. It can also work early season in the tree.

25-Jun-18
Kota the Subalpine pattern should work well in the spring I know Sitka used to make a 90% jacket but discontinued it which jacket now is close to it.Lewis

25-Jun-18
The Mountain jacket would be most similar to the most recent version of the 90% Jacket. The original 90% was more like the Jetstream.

25-Jun-18
Greatly appreciate the help must say I'm a little confused need to hit a store that would have the selections I'm looking for Lewis

25-Jun-18
Yeah...The problem comes in with naming everything the same from year to year, but changing the product drastically. AND having three jackets with the same name. (Kelvin, Kelvin Lite, Kelvin Active and throw in Kelvin Ultra and you really have a cluster)

25-Jun-18
I do know what comes after cluster lol Lewis

25-Jun-18
lewis: The website shows the different items with recommended temperature ranges. If you find some items at a Cabelas they very well may not have what you want but you can try pants/jackets on for sizing then order online.

I have also used their return service a few times and it works very well with a 7 to 10 day round trip turnaround. Good luck! C

25-Jun-18
Kota, pretty much covered it...

25-Jun-18
Thanks again all Lewis

25-Jun-18
I like the Kelvin Active. It does not have a hood. I think it was intended as an under layer, but I used it a lot during my moose hunt, and carried it in my pack and used as under layer sitting in whitetail stand. It might not be what comes to mind for early season whitetail, but it seams to be a very versatile piece as far as pack-able insulation. Mike

28-Jun-18
FYI. Sitka has some great early season stuff coming out here mid July. I was pretty impressed with some of the pieces at the spring shows. I can’t remember the exact names of them all but I’ll be picking them up as soon as they hit the website.

29-Jun-18
Oh great more to choose from lol ?? Lewis

• Sitka Gear