COHOYTHUNTER 29-Jun-18
Ucsdryder 29-Jun-18
Bou'bound 29-Jun-18
Buffalo1 29-Jun-18
Ucsdryder 29-Jun-18
Russ Koon 30-Jun-18
jstephens61 30-Jun-18
29-Jun-18
I just purchased a dozen Gold Tip Kinetic 300 spine for my elk hunt. I have about 7-8 shots on each arrow and today two of the 5 arrows I shot had there nock separate from the arrow in flight. Both arrows hit the target but there no cks were on the ground. Any ideas on why. They are the no cks that came with the arrows and fit snug.

29-Jun-18
Put in Easton X nocks. That's what I have in my Kaos.. I don't like the nock collars

29-Jun-18
That’s a new one for me. How’s the nock fit on the string? Attach a nock without an arrow. Can you spin it around the string?

29-Jun-18
Super glue

29-Jun-18
Wrong nock size for shafts.

29-Jun-18
That’s a terrible idea. Super glue in a nock so if you bust a nock you ruin an arrow?!

Do the plastic bag trick if you need a tighter fit.

30-Jun-18
Ucs, that was my answer as well. Have used it several times in shafts I use in practice and occasionally on my "serious" hunting shafts as well, with no regrets. Even on arrows that start out with very good fit, if the nocks are rotated often to align with fletching the fit tends to get looser.

For anyone not familiar with the trick, it simply means using a thin plastic bag like the ones used at Walmart, and placing a section of the bag across the end of shaft before inserting the nock tightens the fit pretty much from "too loose" to "just right" most times. Pulling the thin material down towards the front of the arrow after inserting the nock will usually pretty much self-trim the excess material, but it may need a little help for a perfect appearance, If it's still too loose with the plastic layer in, better check the shaft again for a split.

30-Jun-18
Nocks are too tight on the serving. Change out the nocks or change serving size.

• Sitka Gear