BSBD 01-Jul-18
lewis 01-Jul-18
lewis 01-Jul-18
Franklin 01-Jul-18
woodguy65 02-Jul-18
wilbur 02-Jul-18
lewis 02-Jul-18
30-Jun-18
Have a couple of knife sheaths that have gotten pretty stiff. I have used saddle soap before but still pretty stiff any ideas will be appreciated Lewis

30-Jun-18
I have used vegetable oil on them and in time they came back.

30-Jun-18
I've used baseball glove oil. It works really well

30-Jun-18
Vaseline

30-Jun-18
Blood and guts

30-Jun-18
Think the blood and guts years ago might have made them stiff but hope to add to that.Thanks for the ideas all Lewis

30-Jun-18
Neatsfoot Oil Compound is what you want. Get it at a farm store. I saw some at Tractor Supply today.

30-Jun-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Google Search, ' care of knife sheaths'. and get the opinion of some knife and sheath makers.

01-Jul-18
My first suggestion would of been saddle soap. My next suggestion would be mink oil, and that will give it some waterproofing too.

01-Jul-18
The worst thing for leather is water. It will dry it out and stiffen it up. Try warm mink oil or vegetable oil. Rub it in and bend the sheath back in forth to soften the leather. It will never be the same, but will not be as stiff.

01-Jul-18
Olive Oil! Nothing works better.

01-Jul-18
Hot Glove treatment and cream conditioner works very good. I’ve coached youth baseball teams over the last ten years and this stuff works better than anything. Old weather beaten leather gloves will look like new and new catchers mitts can be broken in in much less time. Better than any other oil I’ve used.

Tandy Leather carries Leather Amore and it works great to maintain leather that’s in good condition.

01-Jul-18

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
Thanks for sharing Lewis

01-Jul-18
Anyone tried Obenaufs on their sheath heard some good things about this product Lewis

01-Jul-18
Any and all leather products need to be cleaned and conditioned just like your boots. A sheath is made with a Vegetable tan similar to strap leather....saddles....belts etc. Not really a "supple" leather.

Clean it then apply a product with lanolin and beeswax and your could to go.

02-Jul-18
Baseball glove oil.

02-Jul-18

wilbur's Link
Sno Seal works great on all leather products.

02-Jul-18
Thanks all you mentioned lanolin I found a Rexall brand jar of lanolin in some of my grandfathers stuff must be 60 to 80 years old might have to play with that on some of my leather gear Lewis

• Sitka Gear