Elk
Contributors to this thread:
jordanathome 02-Jul-18
elkstabber 02-Jul-18
Lark Bunting 02-Jul-18
jordanathome 02-Jul-18
jordanathome 20-Aug-18
02-Jul-18
I will be back in my old OTC stomping grounds in Unit 34 to see if I can find an elk to shoot at on Sept. 7, 8, 9, and Sept. 14, 15, 16, and possibly Sept. 21, 22, 23.

I have solid experience finding elk in this unit, and in 25. I prefer to hunt solo. But I always appreciate having an extra hand in camp to help each other and to have some company.

First week of season I will be helping my buddies from MO in another unit where I have a deer tag.

If you are game to share a camp or at least visit some evening on those dates, PM me and we can make a plan. I am open to other OTC units but would be in the dark regarding areas to find elk other than map scouting.

02-Jul-18
Unit 34 of what state?

02-Jul-18
My son didn't draw a tag this year so we may be looking for OTC opportunities. It would work well as he and I could hunt together and we could all meet up at night.

His bow exploded this weekend and is now retired so I need to get another bow for him. As soon as we get that taken care of I'll be in touch.

02-Jul-18
Colorado Unit 34.....and 25 possibly.

Tom.....sorry to hear about the bow. I hope he was not hurt. I look forward to meeting you guys this fall hopefully.

PM me an email so I can send some ideas........

03-Jul-18
I hunted GMU 34 for years back in the 90's and early 2000's. Nice country.....used to be lots of sheep at times and of course lots of hunters some years. Deep Creek Canyon is breathtaking for sure and worth the drive alone. I have family that live in Gypsum and Eagle.

20-Aug-18
Bump......I had some PM's that dropped off and I can't see them anymore.

I will be setting up camp off Coffee Pot near the gravel pit around 6:30 pm on 8/31 and pulling out the afternoon of 9/3.

I would enjoy meeting some fellow bowsiters if you are in the area of Deep Lake/White Owl/Broken Rib Spring.......

• Sitka Gear