spike buck 21-Jul-18
Screwball 21-Jul-18
Bearwhisperer2 22-Jul-18
Muddyboots 22-Jul-18
t-roy 22-Jul-18
Screwball 22-Jul-18
South Farm 23-Jul-18
04-Jul-18
Looking for an Ontario bear outfitter, any recommendations? Know about Pine Acres. Thanks

04-Jul-18

JL's Link
Try this....

http://ontariobearhunting.net/

04-Jul-18
If you know about Pine acres that’s all you need to know

04-Jul-18
Get on Pine Acre’s cancellation list. You never know.

04-Jul-18
Chris at Pine Acres is as good as you will get..

04-Jul-18
Have you heard of Pine Acres...oh wait.

04-Jul-18
Yep you can't go wrong with pine acres. Book his next open date and go hunt elk until then.

05-Jul-18

Drop Tine's Link
I’ve had several friends go to Thaddeus Lake Lodge and all have had great hunts.

05-Jul-18

Griz34's Link
I don't think you could go wrong with Pickerel Creek Camp....it's about 20 miles north of Vermillion Bay. I've bear hunted with them and fished there several times. Dave and Betty are class A people. My dad has gone up there fishing every spring for close to 20 years I believe and also moose hunted with Dave. I'll be up there fishing next June, can't wait!

05-Jul-18
You might try Claude Turcotte at bigbearhunt.com. Over past years I have taken ten bears w/him. Located northwest of Ottawa in Quebec where he has open a new camp two years ago. By now he will have trained the bears to come to baits in the daylight. Lots of very good bear guides in Canada!

05-Jul-18
I hunted with Gerald Arch at First Nation Guides out of Nestor Falls. My wife and I had a great hunt and also caught a bunch of walleyes.

05-Jul-18

Bowhunter2003's Link
My family and I have gone to Woman River Camp, and we have had great experiences there. We all saw quite a few bears and had some great fishing.

06-Jul-18
What you can do is go on NOTO.ca website. Nature and Outdoor Tourism Ontario. It Has a list of many bear outfitters from across Ontario. The list is of the members of the tourism organization. Some just North of you. Click on "our members" at top then "Regular Members" list...Chris.

17-Jul-18
Cygnet Lake was an amazing trip this spring for the three of us. You can see some details on the "Iron Will takes over Ontario" thread.

21-Jul-18

21-Jul-18
I can recommend Highwind Lake Lodge. Have also gone to Pine Acres but would go back to Highwind Lake again before Pine Acres.

21-Jul-18
Muddy boots can you explain? I've only been with pine acres and can't imagine a better experience. What's the pros vs cons? I've never had a bad experience with pine acres.

21-Jul-18
spike buck!!!!

21-Jul-18
Thanks guys, greatly appreciate all of your recommendations and comments. Mike

21-Jul-18
If I remember correctly Muddy boots (Steve) hunted mid May last year on or about May 21 2017 or there abouts. Had to work hard for bears that week. Hunted Clay bait on Red Bluff Road. Steve saw bears but not the big guy that he was looking for. Ben made a hunter happy off that same site the following week. Would be nice to hear what his issues were, if any. Steve hunted hard. Steve stayed to himself. Made sure we checked on him often, never knew he had issues. 7 hunters in camp. Was using a Long bow. Area 07b... Steve McClosky, thank you for picking Pine Acres... sorry we failed in filling your tag. Its not because we didn't try!! Spike Buck...Chris...Pine Acres

21-Jul-18

Screwball's embedded Photo
Screwball's embedded Photo
Muddy, To each their own, I would like to know the issue at Pine Acres and if Chris was made aware of them? I have hunted in many states and provinces, I have seen no reason to go elsewhere for bear or whitetails. I hunted fall of 17 an shot this beauty attached. But I did as told by Chris and Ben, have to trust your guide. Pine Acres is a "hunt" not a vacation. Although the fishing is great also.

22-Jul-18

Bearwhisperer2's embedded Photo
Bearwhisperer2's embedded Photo
I shot this bear off clay bait spring 2018!!!! Hunted with Chris the last 3 years and have had nothing but success! I wouldn’t recommend anyone else but Chris at pine acres and his guide Joey! Straight away great people

22-Jul-18
I don't have any issues at Pine Acres. Was treated well. Guide worked hard. Just saw more and bigger bears at the other place. Sorry if I seemed to have a negative spin as that was not my intention. The thread was asking about alternatives to Pine Acres. As Chris mentioned, I was just a week too early or late to catch the bigger guys, which I was holding out for.

22-Jul-18
Thanks for clarifying things, muddyboots. Some guys will post something that could be construed as a negative, then they disappear.

Sounds like the guys at Pine Acres did their jobs as well.

22-Jul-18
Thanks for being forthright and clarifying Muddy. Good hunting this fall.

23-Jul-18
Bear Creek out of Armstrong

• Sitka Gear