osage 08-Jul-18
Empty Freezer 08-Jul-18
NorCalVineyards 08-Jul-18
DL 08-Jul-18
del_binari 10-Jul-18
NorCalVineyards 13-Jul-18
osage 13-Jul-18
06-Jul-18
Better take Bar B Que sauce in your packs. Where I live it’s 12:00 and already 110 degrees. There’s no way I could ever get excited about hunting when it’s over 100 degrees.

06-Jul-18
I am in Bakersfield its not much better, I cannot wait to get to Idaho for my elk hunt.

06-Jul-18
Better than not hunting though. I stick to the mornings or evenings. Coastal fog helps where I’m at.

06-Jul-18
The high in Kotzebue was 50 today and if it weren't for the fact that I'm ending my kid's summer vacation trip this Sunday, I'd be absolutely elated to be flying back to AK. It got up to 94 today in Idyllwild and I drove down to Palm Desert to get my iPhone battery replaced and the car said it was 119.

That said, I'm not hunting CA this year except for late November, but will be hunting July in B4 next year. I'm hoping for cooler weather. This is unbearable.

06-Jul-18
“A Zone” doesn't sound good no matter what the temp. Then it’s California.

07-Jul-18
Have a buck on camera on the 3rd who is already hard horned, earliest I've ever seen.

07-Jul-18
With all the fires going on, there may not be anything left to hunt. The spotted owl crusaders got most of the logging shut down so now all the timber just burns up.

08-Jul-18
And now they are claiming that spotted owls actually prefer to live in burned timber as opposed to the green trees.

08-Jul-18
I will be out hunting the Ventura County coast next saturday, opening day. Hunt till 8 am then go home. Probably wont see much for a couple of months but i'm still goin. its a sickness. if it was 10 below zero i'd be goin then too. Tired of practicing and buyin stuff i dont need. JUST HUNT

08-Jul-18
I’ve been checking cameras, nothing spectacular this year and yes, up on Mendocino County temps will reach 100 next week. Damn you Nevada!

08-Jul-18
They also found that Great Grey Owls prey on spotted owls so they have had to shoot the GG owls in areas.

10-Jul-18
Should be real sweaty and hot up in Lake County where I am headed for the opener. Prolly will only hunt in the mornings, but it will be nice to get out and walk about with a bow.

13-Jul-18

NorCalVineyards's embedded Photo
NorCalVineyards's embedded Photo
We can still use trail cameras in CA, yea? ??

13-Jul-18
For now. Wait until the anti's get wind of Nevada's ban on trail cameras.

• Sitka Gear